Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 09:50 AM

90 posts, read 89,218 times

Advertisements

Get out, live and enjoy life. You'll meet people whom you mesh with. Who knows, you might even make a love connection along the way.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:56 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,285,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
We don't. Most women I meet now don't have kids, but I'm in a pretty good size city (Boston). If I were back in the Midwest, or someplace smaller, I would think 70% or so of the single 40+ women would have kids.

I never let it be an issue. I can't understand someone being a mother being a turn off. These dudes are just shooting themselves in the foot. I've dated single mothers, some for years, and never been asked to support, provide for, care for, or in any way shape or form parent any of these kids. Quite the opposite. The only issue that ever has arised with single moms is some of the lack of flexibility in scheduling.

So if dude won't date single moms, move to NYC, Boston, even Chicago (etc) or be prepared to have very limited options.

I just turned 44. Why in the world are dudes waiting until 40 to look for people to have kids with? It doesn't make sense. I'm too old to have kids. Not biologically, but as far as responsibility wise. It would be completely irresponsible for me to have children now. Meet someone today, marry in 2 years, try right away and lets say with a year they are pregnant, baby then born when I'm almost 48. Heck, lets say I was 40 and it was 44. I'm going to be coaching babe ruth baseball, or whatever, in my late 50s to early 60s? Moving someone in and out of a dorm and paying for college when I should be retiring/slowing down? Or I'll just be dead from a heartattack before any of that? Sorry, that is not responsible or fair to the child. If I was going to have kids I should have done it in my late 30s at the oldest.
Bingo timberline. You hit the nail on the head. It's what I think about at 31 myself. If I date a woman for 2 years, have 6 months to plan a wedding, then take another year to get comfortable in our new place, I'm finding myself at 35 years old starting to try and have my first child. There's a very good chance that I could be 36 before I have my first child. It's not too old, but this is kind of my game plan in my head, and obviously anything can change at a moments notice. I've already decided that if I'm not in a position to start having kids by the time I'm 35, then likely having my own children is just going to be off the table. I'm probably going to be pretty set in my ways and already be dealing with the challenges of a relationship and dealing with our personality differences to entertain raising a newborn.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:21 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
This explains a lot. Now, I know why you are single and having such a hard time finding women to date. You have an attitude that comes across as very angry. I don't think the world has a problem.

Yep. This.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I'm not saying don't be upfront about it, I am just saying look at how you portray yourself. Being negative is self-limiting and a turn off to most people when dating.

Look at it this way, if a woman A puts in her profile, "No jerks, no users, no unambitious men!" and women B puts in her profile, "looking for a good man to have a longterm relationship with and build a future with" who "sounds" better on paper. They are both asking for the same thing, just one is negative and the other is upbeat. Who sounds "better" to you?
Totally agree.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:34 AM

OP, the problem isn't the women. It's you and your mean, judgmental, entitled, attitude.

It's YOU. Until you are able to see what your issues are and be willing to work on them, you will be a single man.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:36 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
OP, the problem isn't the women. It's you and your mean, judgmental, entitled, attitude.

It's YOU. Until you are able to see what your issues are and be willing to work on them, you will be a single man.
He's sounding like one of those dudes who thinks that because he went to school and has a job and does the right thing that he deserves a woman as a reward. Why can't those stupid cows understand that?

Old 08-27-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
He's sounding like one of those dudes who thinks that because he went to school and has a job and does the right thing that he deserves a woman as a reward. Why can't those stupid cows understand that?
Exactly! What is wrong with us women these days??????

Old 08-27-2015, 11:09 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
I go to school, work, pay my own bills, and have my own apartment. Does this mean I feel entitled to a woman? No I don't. Most women could care less what you do. Why any man does feel entitled I have no idea.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:13 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I go to school, work, pay my own bills, and have my own apartment. Does this mean I feel entitled to a woman? No I don't. Most women could care less what you do. Why any man does feel entitled I have no idea.
No one should feel entitled to anyone.

If they do....they already messed up.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:39 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
Get yoursellf a habby which allows you to meet the ladies. Be friendly with them all (without becoming their honorary girl friend), let those who you like and you found to be available, know that you like them. Invite them somewhere without too being too formal. Talk about what you like, listen to what they like. Don't push too hard.

It's like fishing. You need to have your hook in the water to catch a fish in the first place. And you need to cast the bait sufficient number of times.
This. OP, what are you doing to meet women? What's your strategy? Do you participate in groups/activities/organizations where you can meet women and get to know them while sharing an activity? Do you chat with women when you go to concerts and other events? Are you outgoing? If you're shy, after 20 years of adult life, one would think you'd have done something to overcome that. If not, your bad.

For a bonanza of 30-something women without kids, move to the West Coast or NE, or at least, take some vacations there, and go to singles events.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships