Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 03:53 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
A lot of men can be dumbasses when it comes to getting the female hint. But as I was reading the OP, my first thought was that he should have said, well let's go out.

I'm 46, and it took me a long time to figure that out, I'm pretty sure that the OP is a young kid and isn't fluent yet in female.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanearthur View Post
I've been talking to this girl for a week now and we haven't met yet. She asked me what I was doing last night and I told her nothing really.

She said she was going to go to dinner with her friend but she canceled

I said "Well that sucks"

We talked a bit more and that's that

today she texted me saying "I told you she canceled so you would take me out"

In my head I'm thiniking wtf? Why didn't you just say "hey my friend canceled want to joine me?"

Is this how females work?

It's a Wonderful Life

Man on Porch: Why don't you kiss her instead of talking her to death?
George Bailey: You want me to kiss her, huh?
Man on Porch: Ah, youth is wasted on the wrong people!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 04:11 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Personally, I'd forget this girl. If there is one thing I hate is when someone can't be direct with their desires with me.

And how is that working for you in the dating department? Full dance card this weekend?

Old 08-27-2015, 04:15 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Maybe she didn't want to say "hey, my friend canceled, let's meet" because she didn't want you to feel like you are her Plan B.

Maybe she even canceled so you can ask her out.

I agree, she could have just said that she wants to meet you, but maybe that was her thinking.

I wouldn't put too much thought in it. Just ask her out and get to know her.

Old 08-27-2015, 04:17 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Personally, I'd forget this girl. If there is one thing I hate is when someone can't be direct with their desires with me.
Aren't you the guy who keeps complaining about never getting a date? Maybe you should be a bit more pushy and not throw in the towel so quickly.

No offense ...

Old 08-27-2015, 04:18 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
And how is that working for you in the dating department? Full dance card this weekend?
Really? You want to taunt me? Really?

Old 08-27-2015, 04:21 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
I've been talking to this girl for a week now and we haven't met yet. She asked me what I was doing last night and I told her nothing really.

I said "Well that sucks"

In my head I'm thiniking wtf? Why didn't you just say "hey my friend canceled want to joine me?"

Most, but not all. The minority would be assertive enough to skip the games and just ask you out.

Old 08-27-2015, 04:28 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Most, but not all. The minority would be assertive enough to skip the games and just ask you out.
And I want such people. I have zero time for playing mind games.

Old 08-27-2015, 04:34 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
It's not a freaking game! It's communication. Almost all species of animals have their mating dances and courtship rituals, these are forms of communication. Learn the primate known and Homo sapiens sapiens rituals and you'll be fine.

Old 08-27-2015, 04:42 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
Quote:

I said "Well that sucks"

Ok being female, I know what she's thinking.

I would be the same.

You are the male, by nature the aggressor. You are (I guess?) on a Dating Site, ostensibly to date a female.

I don't blame her being slightly offput by your failure to take advantage of a God given opportunity. It shows you are either not actually there for dating, thereby being shady, or you may well be married.

Basically if there's anyone at fault in this hilarious postmodern dating lesson, its YOU.

Old 08-27-2015, 04:45 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times
I agree with the others, she gave you an opening and hoped you'd invite her out. Some women throw out hints, some are very direct, and some are somewhere in the middle so there is not one way to communicate that's set in stone. You have to learn how people communicate and go with it. I've learned that my DH is like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory, so if I want something I just have to throw it out there because he just doesn't get hints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships