Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 03:41 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,198,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
No we do not.

We only have one side of the story.
But she ended things with him for now. She hasn't deleted or blocked him from anything, but she has stopped things before they went further. Hopefully, she won't cave and be drawn in again.

She's good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 03:50 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,773,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
a) OP isn't friend with her friend's girlfriend and doesn't want to become one. She knew the guy for longer than that girl and might have some feelings for him, and he might have some for her. So, I wouldn't care about well-being or feelings of some person who I don't even know if my happiness depends on it.

b) Girlfriend ain't wife with children. Would children be involved, I'd say shut the guy out, for he will be tied to his children one way or another and bring his drama.

c) It's my attitude and I don't think I care if you're my friend or not.

I also think, that it's not smart to cheat on the back of the guys' GF... He must chose first who he wants to be with. Otherwise, he'll run back to GF after the first night. Unless, of course, it's what OP wants.
Well...

brrabbit:

If I was stills single, I would not want to date you given your attitude.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:53 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,773,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
But she ended things with him for now. She hasn't deleted or blocked him from anything, but she has stopped things before they went further. Hopefully, she won't cave and be drawn in again.

She's good.
VanillaChocolate

This is in reference to the relationship between the guy in the OP's post and his girlfriend.

We do not know the girlfriend's side of the story.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:55 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,204,472 times
Quote:
There seems to be real compassion between OP and the guy. The other girl... Well, we don't know really what they have, maybe just sex and nothing else.

What the "other girl" has is him. SHE is the girlfriend, no matter what smooth talking this dude is doing with the OP.

All the OP is lining up to be is pumped and dumped. With 'compassion' of course.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:58 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,204,472 times
Quote:
Well...

brrabbit:

That's putting it mildly

Old 09-02-2015, 10:59 PM

60 posts, read 52,871 times
Anyone who hides you? Doesnt deserve your time....

It is foolish to say your friends..because friends are not inappropriate with one another there are no boundaries crossed..the fact that you two are jor long time friends should be an indicator.. you two are not FRIENDS..
HE is contacting you behind his girls back...secrets never amount to anything good...
THE fact that he complains about his SO to you? Means that he is ysing you to vent...being sexual or flirtatious means that he does not value you let alone his relationship..
He uses you as a distraction..
You stated some things that make me think you are a smart girl...you stated "it feels wrong"
And the anticipation of him leaving his gf may make room for you to get in there?
Do you really want to play second fiddle?
Hes texting you when he feels like it but he is physically with her..
You also stated that what makes you think he wont do this to you? Thats what stood out most to me...
To me? Someone ill begotten will finish in the same fashion...
Your getting a unique oppurtunity to look at your future with this guy if you continue. What makes you so special? You arent sorry...
My advice to you?
Cut of all contact with him...it may be hard at first but worth it..
YOU can tell him why if it makes you feel better..
I wish you the best of luck.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:31 PM

18,154 posts, read 15,734,758 times
Fantasy relationships. All talk, no action, almost never see the person, it's not real.

Avoid like the plague!

Old 09-03-2015, 07:54 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,900,194 times
Quote:

I'll cross you off my dating invitation list then

Old 09-03-2015, 07:59 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,900,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
What the "other girl" has is him. SHE is the girlfriend, no matter what smooth talking this dude is doing with the OP.

All the OP is lining up to be is pumped and dumped. With 'compassion' of course.
Ladies, his girlfriend doesn't own him. That's the problem with your attitude. Therefore, if OP wants to meat with the guy, she's not stealing anything. He's a big boy and whatever blame is there to be, lays on him. If he cheats, he cheats, not the OP. OP is just having good time with a guy whom she seems to like.

She decided to break off with him. Her choice. I'd say it's probably the smartest choice, but not because she has no right to talk to that guy, more because he's not likely to break away from his GF if he didn't do it already.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:04 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,022,848 times
Quote:
Ladies, his girlfriend doesn't own him. That's the problem with your attitude. Therefore, if OP wants to meat with the guy, she's not stealing anything. He's a big boy and whatever blame is there to be, lays on him. If he cheats, he cheats, not the OP. OP is just having good time with a guy whom she seems to like.
Nope.

The definition of cheating is getting a reward through dishonesty, or acting unfairly to gain an advantage. The OP is certainly doing both.

If a single person is involved with a committed person, to the point that the single person would have to lie upon meeting the SO, they are definitely cheating too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships