Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 07:17 PM

361 posts, read 333,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy00 View Post
I took that test a while ago and I don't remember what I got, but I think it was similar to INTJ. It can suck though, can't it? Not having people who get you? Lol. Oh well. I like being alone but at times it gets boring and I wish I had more people to have fun with. Seems so many people just bore me, or don't get me, or both.
Deep inside I am an introvert. I really did not like most of the people in my Engineering classes because I always thought they were super weird but the irony is that perhaps I was one of them.

Like Mikala said, I am from being socially awkward, I am very good at relating to people superficially and making acquaintances, I am a very well liked person but most people don't know my secret: I am a loner.

Usually when I tell them that, most people don't believe mostly because I have created my own defense mechanisms against being introverted: One of them is being funny and the other one is "pretending" to be outgoing in social situations.

I can totally relate to what Mikala said, she described it well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 07:20 PM

579 posts, read 555,914 times
Maybe you were offended at the overweight bit. Are you overweight and it struck a nerve? That's the only real problem i cited out of any of them. Other than that I just didn't click with them. I never said they all had problems.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
Deep inside I am an introvert. I really did not like most of the people in my Engineering classes because I always thought they were super weird but the irony is that perhaps I was one of them.

Like Mikala said, I am from being socially awkward, I am very good at relating to people superficially and making acquaintances, I am a very well liked person but most people don't know my secret: I am a loner.

Usually when I tell them that, most people don't believe mostly because I have created my own defense mechanisms against being introverted: One of them is being funny and the other one is "pretending" to be outgoing in social situations.

I can totally relate to what Mikala said, she described it well.
I can relate. I've actually been told that I seem like an outgoing person when people first meet me. Maybe it's just the way I talk or my appearance, but nope, I'm not super outgoing and I am a bit of a loner, always have been. But I have had close friends at different periods of my life so not a complete loner. I had good friends for nearly 10 years but I moved away and we slowly lost touch.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:30 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
Yerp, then you find one, marry him, divorce him, and have to repeat the process all over again!

OP its just not reasonable to expect every single frog you kiss to become a handsome prince.

Myself, I've met a handful of people who really "get" me, over 50 years.

Someone can look great on paper, like the one and only guy I met online, be attractive and smart and decent - but as dull as ditchwater.

Its one of those things you simply cant fake, predict, or find just laying about anywhere.

Its valued, because its RARE.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:40 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times
Quote:
Well I hate to say it but this has been happening for years. I guess I'm just incompatible with most people
All you need is one.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:52 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Introverts are not "pretty outgoing"? Maybe you learn more towards extroversion then.
Nope, always been tested as INTJ.

I just learned how to form relationships. I'm an INTJ, I studied what I perceived to a problem, and then I fixed it.

I am NOT shy, and I've learned how to have a more open personality, though it can strain me.

I learned "cocktail talk" for lack of a better term. I had to develop in these areas because I needed it for business.

I socialize quite a bit, but then I need to lock myself in a room with book.

Like now I'm running stressed. Had 2 meetings, 2 parties at my house, a GF slumber party and a few other social things in the past two weeks, tonight headed into town for drinks and dancing with friends and stay the night there.

I DON'T WANT TO GO!!!! /whimper

But I will. Next week I'm locking myself in the house.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-04-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Nope, always been tested as INTJ.

I just learned how to form relationships. I'm an INTJ, I studied what I perceived to a problem, and then I fixed it.

I am NOT shy, and I've learned how to have a more open personality, though it can strain me.

I learned "cocktail talk" for lack of a better term. I had to develop in these areas because I needed it for business.

I socialize quite a bit, but then I need to lock myself in a room with book.

Like now I'm running stressed. Had 2 meetings, 2 parties at my house, a GF slumber party and a few other social things in the past two weeks, tonight headed into town for drinks and dancing with friends and stay the night there.

I DON'T WANT TO GO!!!! /whimper

But I will. Next week I'm locking myself in the house.
Yeah... I wouldn't do that unless I really REALLY liked the friend. Otherwise hell no.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:33 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Yeah... I wouldn't do that unless I really REALLY liked the friend. Otherwise hell no.

One of my best friends. We were inseparable for about 2 years after my husband died. Actually, she is someone who greatly influenced me. She is a super open personality and wears her heart on her sleeve. I learned a lot from her.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-05-2015, 10:29 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymclure View Post
The problem is you. Your sense of humor is weird and stupid. And you sound like a real PIA.
How could you possibly know? You don't seem to have a sense of humor. Intelligent people have a rich sense of humor.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:52 PM

941 posts, read 3,911,816 times
I am rather outgoing, and I'm fond of introverts with wry sense of humour. I just can't see them enough to satisfy me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships