Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 02:06 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
But the thing is we live in a very strange time and a very unique situation in the USA. I personally believe that a time is coming soon where women will need to be literally protected. Lots and lots of pissed off people around the world and in our own country.

So then the question becomes do you want to treat with contempt the very men that are there to protect you, because when push comes to shove you will need protection unless you are the one in a million woman who is some kind of GI jane and keep your side arm and rifle clean and train with it periodicly.
Who is treating men with contempt.

You don't really need to be a GI Jane to shoot a gun and protect yourself. Although there are increasing numbers of GI Jane's right along side the GI Joe's.

And yeah I believe our soldiers and civilians would jump in there to protect this country from invaders.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:06 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
So far, I've been fortunate not encounter this phenomenon. Quite the opposite, actually.
Yeah, I was thinkin'...I have hundreds of friends and acquaintances who would never be so disrespectful. Maybe that poster just knows the wrong people or hangs out in the wrong circles. I could see that kind of garbage coming from snickering high school boys, or internet trolls (usually the same thing)...not intelligent, mature adults.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:08 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,014,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Yeah, I was thinkin'...I have hundreds of friends and acquaintances who would never be so disrespectful. Maybe that poster just knows the wrong people or hangs out in the wrong circles. I could see that kind of garbage coming from snickering high school boys, or internet trolls (usually the same thing)...not intelligent, mature adults.

Nah, we get horny and lose our minds too, on occasion.

I'm a pretty good guy and say some pretty good things, but they can't all be winners.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:21 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,116,882 times
So let me try to start without making this convoluded ....

Ballooning population which makes our vote statistically insignificant at the federal level (and at the state level in a lot of states) + the fact all citizens pay taxes directly to the fed govt without going through the state first (which takes power away from the states, if the states got the money first then they would not have to say change speed limits or drinking ages or risk loosing highway money because they would already have their highway money as an example).

As an aside, the fact that everyones vote is equal and statisticly insignificant means that the people actually defending this nation or the people who are actually producing are pawns to the "majority".

This then gives the fed govt power to compel one state to do something because another more populous state (or the fed govt as a whole) wants it (such as no fault divorce) or that states govt is pandering because the fed govt has some other non financial leverage over that state.

Another example is desegregation, the state had to use the national guard to compel THE PEOPLE to do something they did not want. The courts compel men to pay out with no accountability to the woman (ie at fault divorce).

So since the military either likes things the way they are or are too afraid to stand up to the fed govt all that leaves is an invasion to remove those in power and make way for a civil war. There is no way a grass roots civil war would ever take root or actually succeed this day and time.

But if there were a major war to destabliaze the various govts then we could put things right, a major war would collapse the exiting power structure and the last 60 years of bogus laws that basicly make men (the ones who actually fight and mostly create) second class citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
As a combat veteran of nearly 22 years, in two services and in places all across the globe, having served in peacetime and war alike, please allow me to ask you WHERE in the name of all that is holy you're taking this line of thought? Precisely WHAT alternative are you suggesting would occur if all the so-called great men who theoretically welcome invasion just lay down arms and stood by?

Let's pretend I'm stupid since I'm really not getting your gist. Paint it for me like I'm an ignorant child.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:

Ballooning population which makes our vote statistically insignificant at the federal level (and at the state level in a lot of states) + the fact all citizens pay taxes directly to the fed govt without going through the state first (which takes power away from the states, if the states got the money first then they would not have to say change speed limits or drinking ages or risk loosing highway money because they would already have their highway money as an example).

As an aside, the fact that everyones vote is equal and statisticly insignificant means that the people actually defending this nation or the people who are actually producing are pawns to the "majority".

This then gives the fed govt power to compel one state to do something because another more populous state (or the fed govt as a whole) wants it (such as no fault divorce) or that states govt is pandering because the fed govt has some other non financial leverage over that state.

Another example is desegregation, the state had to use the national guard to compel THE PEOPLE to do something they did not want. The courts compel men to pay out with no accountability to the woman (ie at fault divorce).

So since the military either likes things the way they are or are too afraid to stand up to the fed govt all that leaves is an invasion to remove those in power and make way for a civil war. There is no way a grass roots civil war would ever take root or actually succeed this day and time.

But if there were a major war to destabliaze the various govts then we could put things right, a major war would collapse the exiting power structure and the last 60 years of bogus laws that basicly make men (the ones who actually fight and mostly create) second class citizens.

And this has to do with the relationships between men and women... um, HOW?

As for men being the ones who mostly fight... I'm not certain how you've proved any point (in your above quote) whatsoever -- let me say that again, WHATSOEVER -- with regard to how we would en masse lay down arms should we be invaded.

WHAT would be "put right" with a major war? Would men rise up and take back some harem-based notion of sexual freedom? Would we have women don aprons once more and unless they're pregnant, get closer to that stove? I'm not sure how you're linking the two (once more, the social/sexual relationship and men in general welcoming invasion by a foreign entity).

Is the idea that women know their place in non-English-speaking countries, or non-Western countries, and you believe they'll march in NOT to take over and subjugate the populace at large, but to get women back where they belong? The farthest I better catch you from that stove is the supper table!

Will I get to pick mine, or will they be assigned since I've thus far done a pretty crappy job on my own? Will there be a general spreadsheet of basic qualities, think less Stepford and more SQL query...? Will American men in general need to attend classes to learn what the invaders have known all along?

Will the invaders withdraw once women are properly chastised, once more demure and reeducated in the culinary arts?

Will women still be able to do Crossfit? OR get kind of pleasingly plump? Because I like both, really.

What will happen to guys like me, who like our women to challenge us intellectually, who actually welcome being shown up (as long as it's honest) rather than becoming downcast? I mean, I like a pretty face, I surely do; and boobs and bellies and biceps and buns, too; but I've long held the bizarre notion that BRAINS is where the real jollies are housed, and if during my newly-classified sexual antics I can't also get a good laugh, I'm going to feel a tad lost. Will there be indoctrination under the new regime in order to correct this shortcoming?

I bring this stuff up because... well, the economics you're talking about isn't socio-sexual, nor are the politics. In fact, whether I get along with a spouse or mate or partner really isn't something I think war will correct.

But you suggested that men would find themselves SO disgusted they'd refuse to defend women at all, and even lay down their arms and almost welcome an invasion. Based on that, I just kind of assumed you'd draw a link, not switch to something totally unrelated.

Long live our new overlords. I shall work hard in the mines, if only my bevy of beauties might include one squeezably soft, cushy model and one athletic model, both with agile minds (or at least as agile as them thar wimmen-folk might manage).

HAIL!

Old 09-28-2015, 03:29 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,116,882 times
So not so much put down our arms but allow 2 govts to destabilize each other and then start the country again. We would have to fight against the invasion but only at which point our own govt is destabilized so we can go in and basicly have a bon fire with the last 60 year or more of laws and start over again with the constitution.

This relates back to gender issues because the old system did not allow women call the shots while simultaneously living under a male dominated industry and military that protects them. I still believe people should have the freedom to do what they want but if women lost the right to rake men over the coals with the legal system firmly on their side then they might make different decisions.

People tend to act differently when there are fewer safety nets.

Also lets not kid ourselves, the military is a minority of women (other than maybe medical).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
And this has to do with the relationships between men and women... um, HOW?

As for men being the ones who mostly fight... I'm not certain how you've proved any point (in your above quote) whatsoever -- let me say that again, WHATSOEVER -- with regard to how we would en masse lay down arms should we be invaded.

WHAT would be "put right" with a major war? Would men rise up and take back some harem-based notion of sexual freedom? Would we have women don aprons once more and unless they're pregnant, get closer to that stove? I'm not sure how you're linking the two (once more, the social/sexual relationship and men in general welcoming invasion by a foreign entity).

Is the idea that women know their place in non-English-speaking countries, or non-Western countries, and you believe they'll march in NOT to take over and subjugate the populace at large, but to get women back where they belong? The farthest I better catch you from that stove is the supper table!

Will I get to pick mine, or will they be assigned since I've thus far done a pretty crappy job on my own? Will there be a general spreadsheet of basic qualities, think less Stepford and more SQL query...? Will American men in general need to attend classes to learn what the invaders have known all along?

Will the invaders withdraw once women are properly chastised, once more demure and reeducated in the culinary arts?

Will women still be able to do Crossfit? OR get kind of pleasingly plump? Because I like both, really.

What will happen to guys like me, who like our women to challenge us intellectually, who actually welcome being shown up (as long as it's honest) rather than becoming downcast? I mean, I like a pretty face, I surely do; and boobs and bellies and biceps and buns, too; but I've long held the bizarre notion that BRAINS is where the real jollies are housed, and if during my newly-classified sexual antics I can't also get a good laugh, I'm going to feel a tad lost. Will there be indoctrination under the new regime in order to correct this shortcoming?

I bring this stuff up because... well, the economics you're talking about isn't socio-sexual, nor are the politics. In fact, whether I get along with a spouse or mate or partner really isn't something I think war will correct.

But you suggested that men would find themselves SO disgusted they'd refuse to defend women at all, and even lay down their arms and almost welcome an invasion. Based on that, I just kind of assumed you'd draw a link, not switch to something totally unrelated.

Long live our new overlords. I shall work hard in the mines, if only my bevy of beauties might include one squeezably soft, cushy model and one athletic model, both with agile minds (or at least as agile as them thar wimmen-folk might manage).

HAIL!

Old 09-28-2015, 03:43 PM

pittsflyer, you keep telling people to watch more world news, you wouldn't happen to be referring to Weekly World News, now would you? Fox News maybe?

I can't even figure out which one makes you more angry, no fault or at fault divorce...?

Are you saying that if two people grow apart and cannot stand one another anymore, but no one has committed any seriously dishonorable acts, then the marriage shouldn't be allowed to be dissolved by mutual agreement (no fault)? Or that if a woman is cheated on or beaten up, she should have no recourse (at fault)? Or...um...what? Just...what??

I mean, I do agree that personally I think that our government is very "the rules are made up and the votes don't matter" but that is pretty dang beside the point when it comes to...whatever you were even talking about. And honestly I am really sorry for you that this obviously isn't the case in your world...but when it comes to military men and invasion, they care about what they have worked for, what they have to show for it, their cars and homes and belongings, they care about their families, their kids, and their wives (assuming they are married), soldiers aren't going to welcome some invader that is sweeping in overthrowing not just our government but our culture!

I mean, if they willingly go overseas to fight foreign forces just because our government orders them to, what in the heck makes you think they would lay down their rifles and shrug their shoulders if an invader were coming here?? They would fight 100x as hard! What you propose is madness!

I would like to suggest that if American culture is so oppressive to you as a man, maybe you should migrate to another country with another culture. However, I recently heard on a thread here about a man who had married a Russian lass, that she was not submissive and subservient, but rather quite stubborn and self-serving, ultimately. What you seek might not be found in Europe, perhaps you should try parts of Asia, India, the Middle East?

Old 09-28-2015, 03:46 PM

Quote:
So not so much put down our arms but allow 2 govts to destabilize each other and then start the country again. We would have to fight against the invasion but only at which point our own govt is destabilized so we can go in and basicly have a bon fire with the last 60 year or more of laws and start over again with the constitution.

This relates back to gender issues because the old system did not allow women call the shots while simultaneously living under a male dominated industry and military that protects them. I still believe people should have the freedom to do what they want but if women lost the right to rake men over the coals with the legal system firmly on their side then they might make different decisions.

People tend to act differently when there are fewer safety nets.

Also lets not kid ourselves, the military is a minority of women (other than maybe medical).

Let's just say for a moment that there are aspects of this with which I might or might not agree; and let's say it by saying I understand well the real meaning of the term "prep", and leave it at that.

Then there's the rest of what you've said here, and it amounts to a lot of woe-is-me stuff with regard to women, because you think they've got you by the short ones, and with regard to society as well because I reckon you figure you've gotten short-shrift.

There's an old Korean saying: A man must be equal to his times.

That goes for everyday use as well as the terms of an Age.

Stop wishing the world treated you better and grow some balls, stand up to it, get what you can, forget what you can't. Sometimes you'll come out better, sometimes worse. That's not the fault of women, that's LIFE.

When women are rude to you, LEAVE. Go where there are decent people with some sense.

When women won't date you, LEAVE. Go find some who will.

When women act stupid, LEAVE. Find better company.

When women behave treacherously, STAND UP FOR YOURSELF, take care of the situation at hand, learn a lesson, cover your arse thenceforward, and then LEAVE, go find better people.

If the world really took charge of your life, you'd hate it, want your own choices and freedom. What you don't seem to realize is you actually have most of that NOW. Sure, you have to do some stuff you don't like; try not paying taxes, you won't last long, I get it.

But all this "women would behave differently IF..." stuff -- that's WEAKNESS talking, because you feel weak, gutted and are aware of how little personal power you exercise. You want -- and yes, reading that stuff you wrote I believe you WANT -- a situation where you think you're free not to have wiser women around you automatically, but to exert your will upon them because in "these here desperate times, iffen she was to back-talk you, sass you, then you'd show her the back o' yer HAND, ye would by golly!"

That's not what I'm saying!

It is, bub; you just have such resentful, scrambled thinking you can't see it.

Them wimmen wud act diff'rent iffen times was tough!

Everybody would, not just women, and you'd be amazed at how much men realized they depended on women even while women were waking up to a whole, new world of thought. That's because most roles aren't really tied to gender, and we'd all have to depend on each other.

And when all the smoke settled, everybody would go back to acting like idiots, men and women alike.

Old 09-28-2015, 03:53 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:

At risk of going off topic, you've already lost me here. Have you never filed income taxes? You file one directly with your state, and the other directly with the federal gov't. Yes, the fed redistributes tax revenue to the states (rather disproportionately, I'll give you that), but we absolutely do pay taxes directly to the states: income, sales, gasoline & diesel, cigarettes, estate, etc.

Old 09-28-2015, 04:03 PM

Hey there, City 'Squatch, I cannot rep ya again, but if I could...I would.

My ex and his buds are preppers. Pretty serious about it, too. They discuss all sorts of tactical plans and stuff, stockpile weaponry, etc. They have expected that Obama would be bringing in UN troops ("blue helmets") to oppress the populace and take our guns and put all outspoken liberty lovin' 'Muricans in prison camps. I've been listening to it for years, "When the balloon goes up." Whatever that means.

And yet I know for an absolute FACT that at least two of these guys, my ex and a friend, both have this thing where they will just die if they are not absolutely in charge. They butt heads constantly. My ex assumes he'll be in charge because of his military & survivalist prowess. His friend assumes he'll be in charge because he's highly educated and works in military tech. The reality is, without ME (little ol' helpless female me) in between the two of them, they cannot even coexist in a gaming group or on a pool league without nearly coming to fisticuffs over the dumbest of things. Am I big and tough? Nope. I'm there to keep these "tough" men from killing each other during times of stress, because as tough as they are on the outside, they utterly lack patience and sense in dealing with other human beings. They need me as a negotiator and diplomat...even now, let alone in a crisis.

For what it's worth though, while I share your contempt, pittsflyer, for our government, I just don't think that any sort of apocalypse is nigh. But if it gives you hope, by all means, enjoy watching Red Dawn and Mad Max repeatedly and inventorying your cans and bullets, man. Oh, and have fun in Russia. They do have some remarkable sculpture and monuments and architecture. Just watch out for the women...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships