Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 08:05 AM

116 posts, read 138,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
What is a giddup?

A few on your list have never been considered "beauty pageant want to be's" so there is nothing to compare with for them.

The others I have never heard of s I woud venture to guess your definition of glamour girl and mine are completely different.
The term giddup can mean an outfit.

What's your definition of glamour? I think today's glam is a lot more different and lot more exaggerated. Though the use of makeup has always been there, techniques and trends change over the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 08:06 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
What is a giddup?

A few on your list have never been considered "beauty pageant want to be's" so there is nothing to compare with for them.

The others I have never heard of s I woud venture to guess your definition of glamour girl and mine are completely different.
Yeah, this.^^^ There have been a bajillion threads similar to this on here - getting old. Bottom line, some people go for the whole made-up look - and btw to me there is a HUGE difference between true glamour like Marilyn or Liz or other vintage Hollywood beauties as compared to the uber-trashy over-done Kim K, and others of her ilk.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:07 AM

116 posts, read 138,011 times
Do you think people are too hard on those types of women?

Old 10-02-2015, 08:21 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
and btw to me there is a HUGE difference between true glamour like Marilyn or Liz or other vintage Hollywood beauties as compared to the uber-trashy over-done Kim K, and others of her ilk.
Really? To me, there's pretty much no difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Socialite View Post
Do you think people are too hard on those types of women?
Usually, but in some cases, they're just asking for it with their attitude.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:23 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
It's fake.

Men like down to earth girls with REAL personalities instead of someone hiding behind stuff.
Yet those superficial, fake and bit chy barbie dolls with their fake nails get married easily ... go figure.

I always wonder what guys do with them - they often withhold sex, aren't fun because they don't want to get out of their little bubble, they don't do fun stuff guys like, they act super fragile, don't do anything that could mess up their hair, they can't do much because they have to watch their nails, they don't want to get dirty, don't care about engines and cars and guy stuff, you have to wait forever for them to get ready, and they are don't even cook or clean.

So what's the point? Just look at her and find her pretty and watch her spend your money?

Old 10-02-2015, 08:28 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Yet those superficial, fake and bit chy barbie dolls with their fake nails get married easily ... go figure.

I always wonder what guys do with them - they often withhold sex, aren't fun because they don't want to get out of their little bubble, they don't do fun stuff guys like, they act super fragile, don't do anything that could mess up their hair, they can't do much because they have to watch their nails, they don't want to get dirty, don't care about engines and cars and guy stuff, you have to wait forever for them to get ready, and they are don't even cook or clean.

So what's the point? Just look at her and find her pretty and watch her spend your money?
Well, there's a few points:

1) Some trophy wives put legit effort into being fun and aren't of the "withholding sex" variety

2) In other cases, sometimes the guy simply has so much money that it doesn't really matter. Much like it's not a big deal for me to buy a date a movie ticket, it's not a big deal for some men to buy a car (or whatever).

3) In some other cases, the guy genuinely has interest in what she finds fun, not necessarily "guy stuff". Maybe the guy isn't into getting dirty and takes forever to get ready himself. I would fall into that category in a lot of ways.

But those points aside, yeah....pretty much just find her pretty and watch her spend your money.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:48 AM

971 posts, read 688,989 times
Oh Hell no. I tried one of those a couple years ago. I couldn't handle the two hours to get ready to go somewhere, constant looking in the mirror and other stuff that goes with the lookers. And I wasn't allowed to open the sunroof or windows even when it was nice out because of messing up the hair! OMG. I will take a natural old country girl anytime over a poser.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:55 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Socialite View Post
The term giddup can mean an outfit.

What's your definition of glamour? I think today's glam is a lot more different and lot more exaggerated. Though the use of makeup has always been there, techniques and trends change over the time.
Giddup is not a word. What you should have used is "get up" which can mean an outfit, costume, etc.

Beyond that my definition only pertains to me ans some men like women you have described, othe men do not.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:08 AM

118 posts, read 95,570 times
My girl goes natural faced all the time and I love it, she is of Spanish decent and has really good skin tone. That being said, when she does put makeup on, she does it well and never overdoes it.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:09 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Well, there's a few points:

1) Some trophy wives put legit effort into being fun and aren't of the "withholding sex" variety

2) In other cases, sometimes the guy simply has so much money that it doesn't really matter. Much like it's not a big deal for me to buy a date a movie ticket, it's not a big deal for some men to buy a car (or whatever).

3) In some other cases, the guy genuinely has interest in what she finds fun, not necessarily "guy stuff". Maybe the guy isn't into getting dirty and takes forever to get ready himself. I would fall into that category in a lot of ways.

But those points aside, yeah....pretty much just find her pretty and watch her spend your money.
I can't even stand to be around those women so I wonder how guys deal with it.

You always have to park first row because they can't walk far with their heels. Also, you have to walk slow with them because of the heels and you have to listen to their complaining about walking.

You are always late to everything because they take so long to get ready.

They have to stand/sit in a specific way in a specific spot when you go somewhere because of their hair/heels/dress/sunlight ....

They need all that special stuff like straws, being close to the bathroom, not too cold or too hot because they can't sweat or be cold, lighting has to be perfect.

You cannot kiss them or hug tightly because of make up, lipstick, dress, hair, nails, ....

And I am betting that during sex it is no different ...

I don't understand why guys put up with this if there are many natural looking girls around who are easier to hang out with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships