Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 06:19 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,399,450 times

Advertisements

Guess its more of a lesson for me to not be as invested in people as early on but, met someone at a friend's function that i hit it off with. Got her number and set up a date. Had a great time, spent a few hours at a bar getting drinks, kissed after. Seemed like we had great chemistry and a lot in common. Following week set up a date to get sushi. Same thing have a good time, go out after to meet her friend at a bar and grab a few drinks, ends up kissing me again and telling me about something at a bar to come out to a few days later.

Follow up that day and she says she is too tired from the week and has to get up early so i say ok. I wait a few days later and try and set up another date but she responds that she is coming up on her busy time of year for work as she runs her own business making and selling crafts and with christmas coming up she doesnt really have time to go out with anyone.

I'm kinda confused and wonder if this is more of an excuse or if i should really just take this at face value. I said no problem and to let me know if her schedule dies down or wants to go out again. I wasnt texting her constantly so i dont think i was being needy and i felt the dates were great so kinda scratching my head but I guess in the end whether it was a valid excuse or not, its over for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 06:36 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,462,559 times
She would make time for you if she really wanted to. Put it way on the back burner and move on.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:36 PM

282 posts, read 219,481 times
Well if you really like her. Then ask her if you can help her make some of her crafts. If she still says no then ya, your SOL.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:38 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,337,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
Guess its more of a lesson for me to not be as invested in people as early on but, met someone at a friend's function that i hit it off with. Got her number and set up a date. Had a great time, spent a few hours at a bar getting drinks, kissed after. Seemed like we had great chemistry and a lot in common. Following week set up a date to get sushi. Same thing have a good time, go out after to meet her friend at a bar and grab a few drinks, ends up kissing me again and telling me about something at a bar to come out to a few days later.

Follow up that day and she says she is too tired from the week and has to get up early so i say ok. I wait a few days later and try and set up another date but she responds that she is coming up on her busy time of year for work as she runs her own business making and selling crafts and with christmas coming up she doesnt really have time to go out with anyone.

I'm kinda confused and wonder if this is more of an excuse or if i should really just take this at face value. I said no problem and to let me know if her schedule dies down or wants to go out again. I wasnt texting her constantly so i dont think i was being needy and i felt the dates were great so kinda scratching my head but I guess in the end whether it was a valid excuse or not, its over for now.

IMO, she has lost interest in continuing to see you and is using other reasons (work picking up, etc.) to soften the blow/as excuses. I would agree that it's over, at least for now.

I would highly recommend that you refrain from contacting her moving forward, unless it's in response to contact she initiates with you.

Stuff like this happens fairly often. From what you've stated, I don't think you've done anything wrong or have anything to be ashamed of per se. When you enjoy someone's company, you enjoy their company and hope to see that person again and again moving forward. One of the biggest mistake you could make moving forward would be continuing to stay in touch with this person and, more importantly, asking her out again. So long as you leave her alone, you've acted appropriately.

Sorry this happened to you -- it's very frustrating but don't let it bother you too much.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:38 PM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Well, perhaps you had a great time, but she was just being polite?
Obviously she is too "busy" to go out with you again. She just don't have the guts to tell you that she isn't interested anymore. Whatever is her reason...

Old 10-13-2015, 06:43 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,346,235 times
She didn't feel any chemistry with you. Let her go and move on.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:45 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,399,450 times
yeah i kinda figured it was just an excuse. Just dont really understand why she would kiss me or even bother inviting me out after if she wasnt really interested.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:53 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,930,757 times
People make time for what's important to them.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:57 PM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
yeah i kinda figured it was just an excuse. Just dont really understand why she would kiss me or even bother inviting me out after if she wasnt really interested.
Maybe she was excited at first, then it faded...

Old 10-13-2015, 07:09 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,887 times
I would definitely say she has lost interest based on what she said. She could be telling the truth, maybe not. Maybe she met someone else, you'll probably never know for sure. I don't think you did anything wrong at all, just the way things go. It's happened to me many times, we'd go on several dates and I think things are going great and then nothing. If I were you, I wouldn't do anything further and let it go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships