Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 01:38 PM

21 posts, read 80,070 times

Advertisements

Now my boyfriend has been talking about having an a la trois for a while here and there. So this week we get into it and he's like would i mind? At first he asked if i would mind if someone watched us or if we watched etc. So i was like i don't know .... i have had thoughts of being with a female but not seriously. So the next day he says a friend calls him up and she's always been open to joining in though he's never gone that route before. So the topic did come up and she's open and yes she does have a male friend who can join in. He says that the man is NOT to get comfy with him but he wouldn't mind not having him in the picture and he doesn't know how he would react to watching us. He ofcourse would be looking forward to the females getting along. Anybody who's been through this .... how did you feel after. Did the guy's attitude towards you change .......... etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 02:09 PM

64 posts, read 255,144 times
You mean menage a trois? Don't do it unless YOU are 100% sure you want it. Don't let him pressure you into it. I have had guys bring it up and I am not interested. I try to make a joke about it, but am very clear with him that it's not going to happen...ever...no matter how much he begs. I know myself and know I would feel weird about it.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:21 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,443,387 times
IMO it's not part of a healthy relationship. I would be concerned about your boyfriend, too, time to line up a new one who's interested in you. It seems that you are his ticket to the orgy...

Old 01-31-2008, 02:54 PM

397 posts, read 1,026,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingbeauty30 View Post
Now my boyfriend has been talking about having an a la trois for a while here and there. So this week we get into it and he's like would i mind? At first he asked if i would mind if someone watched us or if we watched etc. So i was like i don't know .... i have had thoughts of being with a female but not seriously. So the next day he says a friend calls him up and she's always been open to joining in though he's never gone that route before. So the topic did come up and she's open and yes she does have a male friend who can join in. He says that the man is NOT to get comfy with him but he wouldn't mind not having him in the picture and he doesn't know how he would react to watching us. He ofcourse would be looking forward to the females getting along. Anybody who's been through this .... how did you feel after. Did the guy's attitude towards you change .......... etc
I would personally never have engaged in this kind of thing. (1) I had zero interest in sex with another woman, and (2) I'm not one for sharing in this context. However, different things for different people. I don't think it is wrong per se, but I think there is a lot of danger involved in many ways: possible hygiene issues, relationship problems etc. Only two very mature people, who have absolute concensus and carefully laid boundaries should even think about it.

Assuming you are interested in something like this and consider it, I would absolutely insist that he reciprocate with the guy. If he isn't open enough to try it, why should you? Then it just becomes a nice little show for him, with zero risk and investment for him. I would say either he's willing to put himself out there as well, or the possibility is off the table.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:02 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingbeauty30 View Post

Anybody who's been through this .... how did you feel after.
I felt like I needed a shower, a mouthwash, and a two hour nap.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:10 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times
This is something that requires a deeply committed and trusting relationship. And, if you're having doubts, that's a GREAT reason not to do it.

I seriously *did* have to laugh about the suggestion that your man reciprocate with the guy though. Since when is sex about *this* sort of bargaining?

If you feel that you want to do it, then do it. Never forget that sex should be a pleasurable thing for ALL parties involved. If it's something that you're uncomfortable with, by all means talk it out. (Which you should do regardless) Boundaries, rules, feelings, etc. But, PLEASE, don't bring up reciprocation as some sort of bargaining tool with this. That's just stupid.

It does take a unique couple to be able to do this. And, the most important thing, IMO, is for everyone to be on the same page, and willing to do it for the sake of the action itself.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:15 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
...the most important thing, IMO, is for everyone to be on the same page...
That's important alright, but the most important thing thing is for everyone to be on the same bed.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
That's important alright, but the most important thing thing is for everyone to be on the same bed.
Erm....you're not very adventurous, are you?

Old 01-31-2008, 03:16 PM

397 posts, read 1,026,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
This is something that requires a deeply committed and trusting relationship. And, if you're having doubts, that's a GREAT reason not to do it.

I seriously *did* have to laugh about the suggestion that your man reciprocate with the guy though. Since when is sex about *this* sort of bargaining?

If you feel that you want to do it, then do it. Never forget that sex should be a pleasurable thing for ALL parties involved. If it's something that you're uncomfortable with, by all means talk it out. (Which you should do regardless) Boundaries, rules, feelings, etc. But, PLEASE, don't bring up reciprocation as some sort of bargaining tool with this. That's just stupid.

It does take a unique couple to be able to do this. And, the most important thing, IMO, is for everyone to be on the same page, and willing to do it for the sake of the action itself.
Yeah, some guys are big on the experimenting for the woman, but then too chicken to walk the walk themselves! I think the bargaining works just fine, especially if she doesn't want to do it, since it is very unlikely that it will happen.

LOL did you really think I was 100% serious

Old 01-31-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen_SDCA View Post
LOL did you really think I was 100% serious
Why wouldn't I have thought that you were serious?

I've heard that statement before, in some very serious contexts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships