Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 08:54 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,372,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
If I had a dollar for every woman who said she "loves to laugh," I'd be a 10-millionaire.

I would have expected tons of women to jump on Louis CK's D by now.
"Love to laugh" does not mean one wants to bump uglies with every comic. I love crude humor. I like Louis CK, Lewis Black, Chris Rock, Amy, Schumer, Daniel Tosh, John Stewart, Bill Maher, and George Carlin... one of my favorites.

But I don't necessarily want to "jump" any of them. I can appreciate the art and not want to bed them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 09:05 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

Here's another tip: women like men who are bright, not intellectually lazy.
Though I can fix a light bulb, amongst other things, and have good conversation, it doesn't seem to go any further than a single meeting.
When your my age women don't see any future in the relationship.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:11 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times
Most comedians are actually very sad and depressed people. Look it up.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:10 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
I'd date a stand-up comedian. As long as he was sexy and funny.. I can handle pain & darkness, no problem.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:18 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
"Love to laugh" does not mean one wants to bump uglies with every comic. I love crude humor. I like Louis CK, Lewis Black, Chris Rock, Amy, Schumer, Daniel Tosh, John Stewart, Bill Maher, and George Carlin... one of my favorites.

But I don't necessarily want to "jump" any of them. I can appreciate the art and not want to bed them.
I always worry that I am going to witness Lewis Black keel over dead from apoplexy.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:20 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
Um.. I would never want to date a comedian. Those guys are beyond effed up. They move around a lot because of shows, they're always broke, and unstable people in general. I have some friends who are comedians and I love them but I would never date them. And if you break their heart, they're going to write about you.

Making me laugh and being a comedian are very different things.

Same I love funny guys but would not be attracted to a comedian. I prefer a guy who's spontaneous with his humor...not someone who's paid to do it. A profession that would be my type is musician because I connect more with those types of people.
Also personally comedians are usually too old for me.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:21 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,393,786 times
I do love to laugh. My husband is very funny. We have special jokes and connections that are ours alone. He's definitely not a comedian though. He's funny for me and friends, not everyone. It's part of bonding and enjoying life. Life should be full of giggles and smiles to balance out the tears and frowns. Life is hard.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:23 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,832 times
Amy Schumer made a joke about that on her last special, how male comedians are knee deep in **** but female comedians don't get laid for their comedy. I've noticed it to be true. I'm involved in some comedy groups, and even the slobbiest men get women.

So the OP is wrong. Also, certain types of women love damaged guys because it gives them "a project."

Old 10-19-2015, 10:26 AM

154 posts, read 128,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The life of a true standup comedian is not an easy one. A lot of humor comes out of bad situations they had growing up. They have what Steve Harvey deems a third eye which brings them a lot of pain because they see hurtful things other folks don't see. To really make it in comedy, you have to do a lot of shows and travel which is expensive and puts you at risk for burning out. A lot of comedians have been married multiple times or otherwise bring relationship baggage.
Not to mention, its a monetarily thankless job. You're more likely to acquire wealth by turning tricks in the parking lot of the Vatican, than you are to get it by telling jokes.

Most of the comedians, like you said, have tons of travel and lodging expenses, and will operate for years with net annual losses in hopes they land as an "extra" on some crappy network series.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:46 AM

565 posts, read 433,074 times
You're much better off making her smile, than laugh. The "he has to make me laugh" requirement on most women lists, is hogwash. Youre not a clown, so there is no reason to try very hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships