Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 01:26 PM

238 posts, read 222,893 times

Advertisements

Since I'm new here I'll post a fun one. At least I hope.

It's self explanatory.
What are your turnoff?

1. Bad teeth
2. heavy
3. Liars
4. Cheaters
5. Narcisissts ( I know I spelled that wrong, before) People who are like, hey world "look at me" Ugg, so tiring.
6. Bad spellers (kidding^^^I'd hate myself
7. Huge egos
8. Cruel to little people. People who treat people in lower positions bad. Or think that they are better than. This is very telling of a persons character. No time for mean people.
9. Boring-someone who has no ambition to have fun. Sits in the house all day and plays on computer. That type. Like someone adventurous.

Last edited by johnnyb1980; 10-19-2015 at 01:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 01:39 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
My list when I had my OLD profile:

2. Turn offs:

Bible-thumpers. I have no tolerance for religious exclusivism and fundamentalism. Zilch.
Pick up lines
Text speak and lazy typing/writing (I make exceptions for "lol," "lmao" and a few others)
Willful ignorance
Superficiality
A$$hattery
Dumba$$ery

Turn ons:

Intelligence
Humility
Compassion
Sarcasm
Wit
Wordsmiths
Intellectual discourse
Bada$$ery -- like the kind seen in awesome action flicks! (Think Linda Hamilton -- Sarah Connor in Terminator 2 [I want to be like her when I grow up!] and Liam Neeson in Taken.)
Tattoos -- what can I say, I'm a chick who loves ink

Old 10-19-2015, 01:43 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Turn offs:

Too many LIKES and LOLs
Liars
Cheaters
bad money managing/wasteful spending
being unreliable
cell phone addicted
video gamer
gambler
doesn't like animals
doesn't make enough time for me

Negotiable but borderline:
smoking
snoring
not the same hobbies/interests

Old 10-19-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
My list when I had my OLD profile:

2. Turn offs:

Bible-thumpers. I have no tolerance for religious exclusivism and fundamentalism. Zilch.
Pick up lines
Text speak and lazy typing/writing (I make exceptions for "lol," "lmao" and a few others)
Willful ignorance
Superficiality
A$$hattery
Dumba$$ery

Turn ons:

Intelligence
Humility
Compassion
Sarcasm
Wit
Wordsmiths
Intellectual discourse
Bada$$ery -- like the kind seen in awesome action flicks! (Think Linda Hamilton -- Sarah Connor in Terminator 2 [I want to be like her when I grow up!] and Liam Neeson in Taken.)
Tattoos -- what can I say, I'm a chick who loves ink

Aren't bible thumpers the worse? Always preaching when nobody cares to listen. Superficiality is another one. Or people who think that they are better than everyone.

I like your turn ons. I agree with intelligence, humility and compassion. I need someone who cares about others, not just their self. Narcissists need not apply. I think that I spelled it right. I knew I had it in me. Now, I got to go edit.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:44 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Anyone who asks what anyone's turn off's.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:47 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperyslope93 View Post
Aren't bible thumpers the worse? Always preaching when nobody cares to listen. Superficiality is another one. Or people who think that they are better than everyone.

I like your turn ons. I agree with intelligence, humility and compassion. I need someone who cares about others, not just their self. Narcissists need not apply. I think that I spelled it right. I knew I had it in me. Now, I got to go edit.
As someone who used to be one, yes.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Turn offs:

Too many LIKES and LOLs
Liars
Cheaters
bad money managing/wasteful spending
being unreliable
cell phone addicted
video gamer
gambler
doesn't like animals
doesn't make enough time for me

Negotiable but borderline:
smoking
snoring
not the same hobbies/interests

Great list. I hate liars too. Cheaters are scum too. Everything is pretty self explanatory. I wouldn't have a problem with a snorer. I would just wear ear plugs. I could imagine for a girl that a guy playing video games would be tiring. Cell phone addicted-so annoying. Can't have a conversation with someone who lives on their phone. So distasteful. Love animals. Probably would be a deal breaker for me too. Don't smoke so I probably wouldn't want to date someone who does. I've been fortunate that I haven't since about 97. I don't need a women to have my same hobbies. Wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. Thanks for the list.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Anyone who asks what anyone's turn off's.

Since I just got out of a relationship. I think I'm good..

Old 10-19-2015, 01:53 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
I did wear earplugs when I was married to a snorer but after a while my ears got sensitive and also he was so loud that earplugs weren't enough.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I did wear earplugs when I was married to a snorer but after a while my ears got sensitive and also he was so loud that earplugs weren't enough.

Personally I wouldn't want to either. I am a light sleeper as it is. My brother however is married and sleeps in a different room from my sister in law. They've been married for fifteen years. It seems to work for them. Every now and then they sleep in the same room together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships