Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 11:33 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times

Advertisements

I've been experiencing the same kind of conversations and coming across the same kind of profiles and profile pictures. A lot of people have the same kind of hobbies and describe themselves in the same kind of way. From the guy's side I hear they come across the same kind of quotes from women's dating profile. And when I go on dates people like to talk about their work and their benefits and their company. When I chat with my girl friends they talk about their family and family issues. I can imagine they do the same while on dates maybe. It's great to have hobbies, a family, and a job but it seems like most people think alike. In that case it almost doesn't matter who you date. Then you start to just go for their looks because what else is there to distinguish them by?

I'm not saying I'm the most interesting person but I certainly don't try to be unlike most people I come across. I'm just finding the usual adult conversation to be boring as heck. What are some things you like to talk about that spice things up that aren't sex related?

And don't give me the whole "you're only bored if you're boring" crap. That is obviously not true and you're being lazy if you give me that lame excuse so might as well not bother posting that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 11:46 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Hmm, this is a tough one. I generally find conversations interesting. Let's see, the last couple of interesting things I talked about with someone? Or things I thought were interesting to discuss lately.

1. last concert I went to
2. urban walking tours
3. museum exhibit
4. airbnb regulations on the ballot
5. emojis with more skin tone variations
6. cocktails using fancy foams and the like
7. gentrification
8. next door and the crazy posts I see on it
9 weird ice cream flavors
10. the increase in the number of fancy diners in town: now with organic maple syrup and organic artisan pancakes
11. strange happenings in job interviews (like the guy who told me he was looking for a girlfriend who was spicy like jalepenos.)
12. favorite childhood cartoons or tv shows
13. favorite atari/nintendo/gameboy games
14. tag variations you played as a kid (we played toilet tag and cartoon tag)

I am pretty random, but maybe this gives you some ideas.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:52 PM

645 posts, read 750,767 times
I think life in general is somewhat boring...sadly life is a routine, work, school etc. most people spend most of their life at both....a lot of times dating is boring because you may not be clicking with the person or they do something that turns you off...but I totally get what your saying..

Old 10-21-2015, 11:53 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,212,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
It's great to have hobbies, a family, and a job but it seems like most people think alike. In that case it almost doesn't matter who you date. Then you start to just go for their looks because what else is there to distinguish them by?
When I was younger, I was interested in great conversations and getting to know people because they're different.

Now, I feel as you describe. It's better to date for looks. People are glued to their smartphones and spit out whatever is hot or making the circuit on Facebook. Not much to distinguish them by.

Dating is often boring.

Old 10-22-2015, 06:04 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Hmm, this is a tough one. I generally find conversations interesting. Let's see, the last couple of interesting things I talked about with someone? Or things I thought were interesting to discuss lately.

1. last concert I went to
2. urban walking tours
3. museum exhibit
4. airbnb regulations on the ballot
5. emojis with more skin tone variations
6. cocktails using fancy foams and the like
7. gentrification
8. next door and the crazy posts I see on it
9 weird ice cream flavors
10. the increase in the number of fancy diners in town: now with organic maple syrup and organic artisan pancakes
11. strange happenings in job interviews (like the guy who told me he was looking for a girlfriend who was spicy like jalepenos.)
12. favorite childhood cartoons or tv shows
13. favorite atari/nintendo/gameboy games
14. tag variations you played as a kid (we played toilet tag and cartoon tag)

I am pretty random, but maybe this gives you some ideas.
Haha, what is toilet tag???

Old 10-22-2015, 06:24 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
Quote:
I'm not saying I'm the most interesting person but I certainly don't try to be unlike most people I come across. I'm just finding the usual adult conversation to be boring as heck. What are some things you like to talk about that spice things up that aren't sex related?
I mostly do too. I really don't care to talk about the woman's job or my job on dates. Talking about free time activities are better. The early stages of dating are pretty boring until you are spending time naked with each other.

Old 10-22-2015, 06:33 AM

112 posts, read 141,396 times
You are boring so dont be the boring one

Old 10-22-2015, 06:37 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Not at all! Meeting new people, talking to new people, making connections. There is nothing boring about it.

Quote:
Music
Literature
Art
World Events
Travel - been to and want to go to
Food
Beer
Exhibits you want to see
Projects you're working on
Good hikes
Places to kayak

Anything else you or they may be passionate about

Old 10-22-2015, 07:17 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Yes, I find date conversation boring. Drinking alcohol makes it slightly more fun.

Old 10-22-2015, 07:18 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Yes, I find date conversation boring. Drinking alcohol makes it slightly more fun.

What don't you find to be boring?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships