Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 02:00 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,024,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I still don't understand why you would ever need to ask someone their height or their weight.
I'm with you. If she passes the eye test does this matter? You can generally guess this anyway. What's OP or any other guy going to do? Reject her once these details are known? "I love the way she looks, but I found out she's 5'5" and not 5'4" so I'm going to have to move on." Or "After I found out she was 150 and not 140 she just want pretty to me anymore."

You know...we have seen guys here who are like that though so I guess I shouldn't rule this kind of idiocy out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 02:01 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,070,252 times
For me, could care less if anyone asks my age; but there are many women who are not that way, and that's ok.

Old 10-24-2015, 03:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,920,002 times
And what's yours OP?

Old 10-24-2015, 03:39 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,549,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
And now we know the REAL reason for this thread. Well played, OP!

Old 10-24-2015, 03:41 PM

238 posts, read 223,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The only person getting nasty here is you. There is no need to be putting people down and complaining about the women in this forum.

Back to the topic!
What's the point of asking why I am married, if not to belittle what I had to say? What difference does any of it make? Many people are married and are very unhappy. Should their opinion weigh more just because they are married? And, no, I am not getting angry. Just because you are a mod, doesn't make you god. Stop saying things as if they are in stone. I can say weather I am angry or not for myself. You can assume I am angry. But you don't really know, do you?

When people come on here and belittle me and make bold statements of me because of trivial things, then yes, I assume a lot of women on here are not that nice. That's my opinion. Right or wrong. You, nor anyone else can't shame me into another opinion. It didn't take long for me to pick up the "vibe" on this site. Don't like it, too bad. We are free to express ourselves so long as we aren't hurting others, no?

Last edited by johnnyb1980; 10-24-2015 at 04:41 PM..

Old 10-24-2015, 03:44 PM

48,575 posts, read 34,956,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I still don't understand why you would ever need to ask someone their height or their weight.
I had guys on dating sites ask me my weight, even though I had a few body shots. Then they wanted to know how old the pics were. /lol
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-24-2015, 03:49 PM

491 posts, read 403,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Personally I have a lot of fun when young looking guys ask me my age too early. It is so hilarious when they thought I was in my 20s and their age and I state I am over 35. They run off in horror.
^^^ This. If someone asks my age, I'll gladly tell them. Same for height or weight.

True story: In my job, it's actually necessary that I ask people their age, height and weight, if they haven't entered it on the medical record (for drug calculations and such, we're not just being nosy). I have had at least a dozen people, not just women BTW, say "that's none of your business", and one woman said, "well what do YOU weigh?" Yes, some people are that dense.

Old 10-24-2015, 03:52 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,549,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetelle View Post
^^^ This. If someone asks my age, I'll gladly tell them. Same for height or weight.

True story: In my job, it's actually necessary that I ask people their age, height and weight, if they haven't entered it on the medical record (for drug calculations and such, we're not just being nosy). I have had at least a dozen people, not just women BTW, say "that's none of your business", and one woman said, "well what do YOU weigh?" Yes, some people are that dense.

It's vital in your line of work! cant stop laughing!

Old 10-24-2015, 03:56 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,415,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboi View Post
You didn't answer my question. Some women are 35, but they actually look 25. That doesn't mean their reproductive system is any younger, but that's for another thread.
So are you saying it's not good enough for a woman to look young (meaning, "good") she also better actually BE young?! ....because you want to be sure she can reproduce? I know you say not, but for what other reason do you care?

Old 10-24-2015, 03:59 PM

491 posts, read 403,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
So are you saying it's not good enough for a woman to look young (meaning, "good") she also better actually BE young?! ....because you want to be sure she can reproduce? I know you say not, but for what other reason do you care?
"Hi Beautiful, you're height-weight proportionate and I'd be interested in making babies with you. But first, would you mind having an ultrasound so I can estimate your fertility, before I waste twenty dollars on having a drink with you?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships