Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 09:05 AM

269 posts, read 178,390 times

Advertisements

I have always thought that wanting to have something on your body changed that's not a deformity is a bad idea. I get having moles removed or a hair lip fixed, but it just seems like breast implants or a face lift is changing who you are.

My GF currently wants butt injections, which is something I have heard a lot if bad things about. On top of that, she doesn't need it. She already has a really big butt. She's built like a less petite version of Kim K. She's going to look abnormal if she gets this done IMO. I just don't get it.

She says that she wants to fit into her close better, and she would like even more curves. She says that she already spends time in the gym working on her body, and that this isn't anything different.

I question if there isn't some an underlining mental issue going on, which makes me want to talk her out of this. She has always been what one could call an attention seeker in many ways, as well as a huge flirt. I'm not really the jealous type, and I've always trusted her, so it's never been an issue. My concern is why she feels she needs to alter her body. Especially a part of her body that doesn't need anything done that already draws a ton of attention.

Is this a bad sign? I would like to hear the opinions of other women, as I don't think most guys can relate to this stuff as well. Every guy I've talked to has said "she's bad news."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 09:12 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkinhead View Post
I have always thought that wanting to have something on your body changed that's not a deformity is a bad idea. I get having moles removed or a hair lip fixed, but it just seems like breast implants or a face lift is changing who you are.

My GF currently wants butt injections, which is something I have heard a lot if bad things about. On top of that, she doesn't need it. She already has a really big butt. She's built like a less petite version of Kim K. She's going to look abnormal if she gets this done IMO. I just don't get it.

She says that she wants to fit into her close better, and she would like even more curves. She says that she already spends time in the gym working on her body, and that this isn't anything different.

I question if there isn't some an underlining mental issue going on, which makes me want to talk her out of this. She has always been what one could call an attention seeker in many ways, as well as a huge flirt. I'm not really the jealous type, and I've always trusted her, so it's never been an issue. My concern is why she feels she needs to alter her body. Especially a part of her body that doesn't need anything done that already draws a ton of attention.

Is this a bad sign? I would like to hear the opinions of other women, as I don't think most guys can relate to this stuff as well. Every guy I've talked to has said "she's bad news."
yep, sounds like it.

I keep seeing a girl at the gym who had done something to her butt. The extra something in there looks ugly, like it doesn't belong there. She gets a lot of attention - I think mostly bad attention.

Hey, let her do it ...

Old 10-29-2015, 09:12 AM

132 posts, read 181,553 times

This

Old 10-29-2015, 09:30 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:

Is this a bad sign? ... Every guy I've talked to has said "she's bad news."

Old 10-29-2015, 10:07 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,696,864 times
Does she get a lot of comments about her derriere?

You said she likes attention. Her thought is likely, "if some is good, more must be better!"

I was going to ask how old she is, but either way, it sets off some warning flags. I have a friend who had breast augmentation for the same reason your GF stated - she wanted to fit into her clothes better. I think she went from an A to a C and she does look better. She has no desire to go any further and I respect her choice.

In this case, yeah, the warning bells are going off.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:09 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:

Her body, her choice and it is your choice to stay with her or not.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:15 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,331,793 times
My ex-wife started with breast augmentation and ended with lipo-suction. By the end of it I had spent a great deal of money. When the martial assets are split (I realize you're not married at this point) you get nothing for the money spent on cosmetic surgery. I will never be with anyone that has so much vanity that they feel the need to look a certain way ever again. I would advise you to not take any of this behavior lightly.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:22 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,062,032 times
Quote:
Tell her that she will look bloody stupid if she has that done. Anyway, people naturally put weight on, the older they get - she'll have a fat arse before she'll know it.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:32 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Every guy I've talked to has said "she's bad news."
She sounds like an attention w***3 at the very least, but if every guy you talk to says she's bad news, sounds like you could drop the "attention" part.

Why would you want to be with someone like that?

Old 10-29-2015, 10:35 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
A less petite Kim K? That's a good sized girl. No reputable doctor is going to augment someone that size, so she'll be left with the less than desirable doctors.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships