Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 12:12 PM

22 posts, read 14,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Maybe so. But "good people" don't toy with another person's feelings in order to jack up their own egos.

The truth is that you don't really sound like you are interested in HIM and who he is.

You are interested in what he can do for you or how he can make you feel. And your behavior toward him reflects that.

If you really were "all in," you would show it by behaving in kind. He has shown a LOT of patience, and perhaps even a bit of cluelessness toward your behavior. I don't know why he sticks around.

Being pretty isn't enough.
i wasn't trying to jack up my own ego. It was a combination of being afraid and thinking that i had to be with someone great of paper for things to actually work.

I am interested in Him, not what he can do for me or how he makes me feel.

My mother raised me to believe that one should go for the guy who is the richest and best looking. it was something ingrained. I'm slowly breaking out of it because of him. I can finally see that our emotional connection is what is important. everything else isn't as important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 12:14 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
Yeah soz OP but when you shake the Magic 8 ball that is CD, chances are you're going to get some Harsh reactions when you confess to some Mean Things.

Like I said. If you're going to be a Minx, do it properly>>>be shameless and proud

Don't be a minx, think, oooh why did I do that, then run to CD for nursemaiding. Minx FAIL.

So basically to sum - you acted like a minx then changed your mind.

Decide now OP - are you a Nice Girl or are you a Minx? Then proceed accordingly. Don't jump all over, that just makes you look crazy.

(minx is more fun - just sayn!)

Old 11-02-2015, 12:15 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
If you are not after a guy's money, why did you list "rich" among your top three "on paper" criteria? You are a cliche.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
If you are not after a guy's money, why did you list "rich" among your top three "on paper" criteria? You are a cliche.
because I come from money and I wanted someone who is a financial equal. I also know that rich men are more desirable, and I wanted to be with a guy other girls would be jealous of. I've landed a nice job (60k) right out of college. I don't need someone to take care of me or buy me things.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:19 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Most everyone is scared of rejection. **shrug**

Whether you realize it or not, these things are examples of your ego at work. These and the fact that you want a guy other girls will be jealous of:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkstar23 View Post
I asked him what would he do if I met my real true love, and said that I wanted someone who was ideally older.

I also told him he didn't have to contact me if he didn't want.

I was more conscious of social standing (like I really felt I should be a rich, good looking fraternity boy..he's none of those things).

I don't know why, but I asked him to semi formal.

I then freak out in a way and say it's obvious I shouldn't take him to this dance. we don't like each other, we shouldn't date. Then I tell him I like him and I want a relationship with him.

I posted something along those lines on a website (It went something like, It's weird that I spent years chasing after nerdy guys when I don't really respect them).

I make a ton of grand gestures, and he accepts my apology.

he seems really apathetic to me. I break down.

I asked him if it would bother him if I kissed another guy.
This:

Quote:
My mother raised me to believe that one should go for the guy who is the richest and best looking. it was something ingrained.
... is kind of horrifying. At least you recognize that she was giving you bad advice.

So, now more than ever, first stop: Therapy.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:20 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
I wanted to be with a guy other girls would be jealous of.
Here's your ego talking.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Here's your ego talking.
i don't want that anymore. I've come to realize meaningful relationships are most important.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Most everyone is scared of rejection. **shrug**

Whether you realize it or not, these things are examples of your ego at work. These and the fact that you want a guy other girls will be jealous of:
the last three were not works of my ego. especially the last one. right before that i told him it would have bothered me if he was with another girl, and I asked if he felt the same.

Quote:

This:

... is kind of horrifying. At least you recognize that she was giving you bad advice.

So, now more than ever, first stop: Therapy.
I'm going to see a therapist.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:48 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
the last three were not works of my ego. especially the last one. right before that i told him it would have bothered me if he was with another girl, and I asked if he felt the same.

I'm going to see a therapist.
If you really want a shot at any of it working, then you need to sit him down and tell him everything that you told us. Including the part about therapy.

If you can't do that, let the poor boy alone.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:49 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
I've come to realize meaningful relationships are most important.
How did you come to realize this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships