Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 11:51 AM

22 posts, read 14,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan20 View Post
Have sex with him, that cures all
haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 11:51 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,045,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkstar23 View Post
I really shouldn't have played a game like that, and I'm sorry. I've told him I'm sorry.

he isn't the type of person to do that. i mean, he still spends most of his free time with me and has flat out told me he isn't interested in other girls. I messed up, and I know that. I'm trying to do better for my life.

I want to make things right. I'm a good person.
Maybe so. But "good people" don't toy with another person's feelings in order to jack up their own egos.

The truth is that you don't really sound like you are interested in HIM and who he is.

You are interested in what he can do for you or how he can make you feel. And your behavior toward him reflects that.

If you really were "all in," you would show it by behaving in kind. He has shown a LOT of patience, and perhaps even a bit of cluelessness toward your behavior. I don't know why he sticks around.

Being pretty isn't enough.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:52 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,974,036 times
Quote:
i do a lot of really nice things for him too. like yesterday his car broke down, and I helped him out for 4 hours until it was working again.

he was freaking out about a class last week, so I brought him his favorite candy and left it at his doorstop.

I think he still likes me, and I've really stopped playing these games. I let him know that I care about him deeply often. I think we still have a shot.
Passive-aggressive!!!!

WARNING!!!

Passive-aggressive!!!!

Old 11-02-2015, 11:54 AM

6,319 posts, read 7,253,207 times
Quote:
I don't need his money. I'm not a gold digger. Anyway, he has to buy quite a few things for the dance I invited him too, and he's willing to do that. He'll probably never wear any of those items again, he's just buying it for me. that's pretty nice of him.
Its pretty doormattish of him...

OP, prepare to be stood up.

Or, if he does appear as ordered, dressed as ordered - you've got yourself a Pu55y.

Own it OP - either you're a game playing minx or you're not.

If you are, you need to dump this guy at the door then proceed to flirt with the Really High Status Men right in front of him.

If you're not, make it a special night for HIM, not for you.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:56 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,974,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper;41781168[B
]Doing nice things (car help) does not undo the nasty things[/b].

Also, playing games like this - toughen up girlfriend.

If one chooses to play, one must be prepared for the fallout.

Perhaps contemplate the likelihood that he's told all his friends (male) about your games, and to avoid you.

Maybe you wont be able to get a date for the remainder of your college life, and go about wondering why.
Exactly.

I know somebody that does crap for people but if you wrong them they will remind you of the things they did for me as if they have the upper hand.

You sometimes want to tell them Never do anything for me again if you are going to hold it over my head.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Its pretty doormattish of him...

OP, prepare to be stood up.

Or, if he does appear as ordered, dressed as ordered - you've got yourself a Pu55y.

Own it OP - either you're a game playing minx or you're not.

If you are, you need to dump this guy at the door then proceed to flirt with the Really High Status Men right in front of him.

If you're not, make it a special night for HIM, not for you.
you're right. i should make the night special for him. I'm going to do that.

Even though all of you have been really harsh, I want to thank you for your advice.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Exactly.

I know somebody that does crap for people but if you wrong them they will remind you of the things they did for me as if they have the upper hand.

You sometimes want to tell them Never do anything for me again if you are going to hold it over my head.
ok, I don't do that. I just wanted show that I haven't been 100% selfish all the time. I'm genuinely affectionate towards him. I did it because I wanted him to feel cared for.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:06 PM

6,741 posts, read 4,431,979 times
Forget the candy. Do what most of the innocent people do in college. Have sex with him, and be done with it! Then move on.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:06 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,045,023 times
Quote:
you're right. i should make the night special for him. I'm going to do that.

Even though all of you have been really harsh, I want to thank you for your advice.
Some of us have been DIRECT with you because this is a lesson you need to learn right now.

Telling someone you feel sorry for them is harsh.
Telling someone to kiss you and then turning away is harsh.
Stringing a guy along for over a year and then trying to win him back with cupcakes is harsh.

If you two make it to the semi-formal, thank him for being a great friend and then lay off of romance until you've had some therapy.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:09 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,442,433 times
Quote:
the first time I met him I said I kind of felt sorry for him and then asked him to dinner.
1. Schedule an appointment with a mental health professional.
2. Leave this poor man alone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships