Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 10:57 PM

18 posts, read 27,681 times

Advertisements

Just curious if some of you feel the same;

I'm a 33 yrs old guy, decent looking, fairly successful with women, but i notice the older i get, the more pointless relationships seem to me

Still horny and kinky as i as i was in my 20s, i always love to hang out with girls, laugh, have great talks and have casual sex, but then after spending a night or an afternoon with a girl, i always feel the desire to leave and feel great once by myself;
I just love the way things are as sex friends.
I meet many extremely nice girls, great material for wedding and family, but just have no envy to build anything; to me raising kids and dedicating myself to just one woman is giving up on one of my favorites things in life which are traveling freely and meeting new girls, not exclusively for sex, but for their personalities and the interesting experiences we can have; it would also be giving up on my lovely chaotic and aimless life

I obviously rarely hang like this with girls of my age, as they tend to be either second choice, weirdos, desperate to have children or getting married; i refrain myself to hang with great girls i meet in my age range as i respect them and don't want to waste their time

I had many relationships long and short before, but i just don't feel the enthusiasm i used to have as i was younger. I hold no grudge against anybody; some were good, some bad. I realize that should one of my past relationships had worked out, i could maybe be married today; but i feel i missed that train and lost the innocence and magic i had. I remember very well how strong my heart used to beat for girls as a teenager, but all this is gone, and nothing seems to bring it back

Are there other people feeling like this? Or should i quit being weird and shut my mouth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 11:50 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,136 times
Marriage, kids etc is not for everyone. Do whatever makes you happy as long as you're upfront with the other people involved. There are many people living fulfilled lives without the additional responsibilities that come with raising a family.

Old 11-04-2015, 02:46 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,974,955 times
It's not weird persay but you mentioned sexual/the physical early on and if that's the depth of your relationships then I can clearly see why you feel the way you do. Physical gratifying and nothing more relationships provide an empty existence and it clouds your view and judgment of what a truly fulfilling relationship can and is suppose to be.

I think past hurts are why you are where you are now and you haven't entertained anyone who would require to you go beyond the physical which is precisely why you stir clear of women your age because most 30+ women are not going to be interested in a FWB situation. I highly doubt you want to continue to feel the way you do otherwise if you were content with your choice/decision you wouldn't have started this thread.

You don't come across as being happy with where you are but only you can change that and it's going to require you to get out your comfort zone, become valuable, and put yourself out there so you can attract someone who will appreciate you and show you all the great things that an emotional connected relationship can offer you. True love is always worth the risk you just have to decide if you're worthy of the reward but it doesn't sound like you believe you are.

Old 11-04-2015, 05:27 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911cedric View Post

Are there other people feeling like this? Or should i quit being weird and shut my mouth?
You aren't the only one.

Just do you and shut your mouth.

As long as your "partners" understand your methods and goals ....

Old 11-04-2015, 05:36 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,355,663 times
You're 33 - either start being comfortable with yourself, decide if you are bragging or complaining, or stop being a troll - you figure it out.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:16 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,186,184 times
Many many people are like you OP...but arent brave/kind enough to live it.

And when I say "kind" - I mean, they pretend they want the norm and partake in a marriage, kids, etc....but don't have their heart in it. Eventually that will damage those they chose to "love".

Be yourself, as long as you are genuine with others it is fine.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:24 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,238 times
As long as you are honest about your intentions, there's nothing wrong with you.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:11 AM

52,202 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Different stokes for different folks.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:59 AM

143 posts, read 221,822 times
OP - You are not alone when it comes to this. Off course, dating in your 30's is not the same as dating in your 20's. It is much more practical in your 30's.

If you have noticed many people who married in their 20's are now divorcing. The rest are simply stuck in their marriage, but are trying to make the most of it.

You are doing the right thing, keep doing what you are doing.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:03 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,640 times
If you were that happy with your chosen lifestyle, you wouldn't be asking random strangers on the internet to validate it. Time for some introspection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships