Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 01:59 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,249,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
When I was single I wouldn't date anyone who wasn't a few years out from the actual divorce.
Yep then you get to my age and realize how many people never even bother to divorce.

My friend for example. Separated 30 years, hasn't seen the guy for 10, cant be bothered divorcing him. Neither of them have any intentions of remarrying so essentially, didn't bother.

Or the ones who divorced 30 years ago and are still dancing at the end of their exes string - its for The Kids (even though the kids have kids of their own!) so then it becomes For The Grandkids.

I cannot tell you how many relationships I know like this.

Having kids together bonds a couple like nothing else.

Fortunately that's not the case for OP...but it is extremely common for people, at least folk in the older age group, to be Actually Technically Married yet still Single and Free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 09:23 PM

248 posts, read 310,746 times
the strange thing about this woman is that she couldn't stop talking about how bad of a husband he was. Never had a good word to say about him until the day after she went back to him. And all she said was that he was being cordial.

She texted me again today and said that she misses me and that she can't just erase her feelings.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:35 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,197,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarti View Post
the strange thing about this woman is that she couldn't stop talking about how bad of a husband he was. Never had a good word to say about him until the day after she went back to him. And all she said was that he was being cordial.

She texted me again today and said that she misses me and that she can't just erase her feelings.
Hopefully, you didn't reply.

Seems she just wants both of you. Have her cake and eat it to. If her husband annoys her, she'll come to you. But seems to have no intent of dropping him.

And usually people don't brag about their partners to their side-pieces. They either lie and act like things are bad. Or only share bad stuff so the side-piece will stick around, thinking they have a clear shot.

If her husband was the horrible guy, and she loved you so much and wanted to be with you, the husband would not be in the picture. She wouldn't have gone back to him, and would be seeing you now and finalizing the divorce.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:06 PM

248 posts, read 310,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Hopefully, you didn't reply.

Seems she just wants both of you. Have her cake and eat it to. If her husband annoys her, she'll come to you. But seems to have no intent of dropping him.

And usually people don't brag about their partners to their side-pieces. They either lie and act like things are bad. Or only share bad stuff so the side-piece will stick around, thinking they have a clear shot.

If her husband was the horrible guy, and she loved you so much and wanted to be with you, the husband would not be in the picture. She wouldn't have gone back to him, and would be seeing you now and finalizing the divorce.
Yes I replied.

She is a very impulsive person.

I want her back. Which makes me an idiot.

Old 11-06-2015, 05:31 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,682,387 times
And wishy-washy too. Going back on what you said..."not replying to her texts".

Old 11-09-2015, 06:57 AM

1,273 posts, read 992,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarti View Post
Yes I replied.

She is a very impulsive person.

I want her back. Which makes me an idiot.
Not an idiot exactly, just letting your emotions get the best of you. I have nothing but sympathy for you. I'm an idiot too.

Old 04-30-2016, 06:10 PM

458 posts, read 329,769 times
So what ended up happening?

Old 04-30-2016, 08:28 PM

6,456 posts, read 9,828,016 times
an update would be interesting !!

Old 04-30-2016, 08:31 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,814,700 times
Looks like the last time the OP was signed in here was on November 8th of last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships