Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 07:32 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times

Advertisements

Why doesn't your husband want to have sex?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 07:34 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
I don't want to issue any ultimatum because I did make vows and committed to him 10 yrs ago and most people view sexual needs as inferior to all the other needs a relationship fulfills, but part of me feels dead knowing that it also means part of me will remain repressed in the name of fidelity.
I can honestly tell you that "life" is (Lord willing) a LONG time, and you go through phases.

Having small children is VERY stressful. Its influence on your overall health and outlook cannot be underestimated.

You may be sexually incompatible now, but you may not always be. You knew your husband was a virgin when you married him, so you know his frame of reference is VERY small. You may need real, professional help down the line to help him get to where you are. It sounds weird, but there are legit marital therapies and seminars to help with that.

I advise you to let this issue fall down the priority list for you. Be glad the other dude finally called it off, and make your brain go elsewhere. Focus on what is right in front of you, knowing your life will not always be this way. Life is long.

Old 11-07-2015, 07:34 PM

1,273 posts, read 992,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
So, the other guy was your way out... and now he said he no longer can talk to you...you feel stuck in your marriage?

Serious question: Do you even want to stay married to your husband?
He was an emotional outlet , not a physical one. A way to vent my sexual frustration without physically compromising anything. I don't really have a choice to stay married or not, since I don't have a very good reason to want to leave. People on and off this board have made it clear that a sexually unsatisfactory marriage is no reason to end things. We have children so mommy has to think about them, not herself, right?

Old 11-07-2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Why doesn't your husband want to have sex?
He wants sex. He just wants vanilla, once every 3 days, same old same old sex. No matter how I try to introduce new things or get kinky or sexy with him he hates anything he deems "weird".

Old 11-07-2015, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I can honestly tell you that "life" is (Lord willing) a LONG time, and you go through phases.

Having small children is VERY stressful. Its influence on your overall health and outlook cannot be underestimated.

You may be sexually incompatible now, but you may not always be. You knew your husband was a virgin when you married him, so you know his frame of reference is VERY small. You may need real, professional help down the line to help him get to where you are. It sounds weird, but there are legit marital therapies and seminars to help with that.

I advise you to let this issue fall down the priority list for you. Be glad the other dude finally called it off, and make your brain go elsewhere. Focus on what is right in front of you, knowing your life will not always be this way. Life is long.
I sincerely hope you're right, because right now it feels utterly hopeless

Old 11-07-2015, 07:38 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
He wants sex. He just wants vanilla, once every 3 days, same old same old sex. No matter how I try to introduce new things or get kinky or sexy with him he hates anything he deems "weird".
But why? Is he ultra religious? Does he view sex as dirty? Was he sexually abused? Does he have a low sex drive?

2,970 posts, read 2,771,470 times
Here is what I would do...

Take a break from your marriage to figure out exactly what it is that you want to do.

No contact from your husband.

Do not contact the other man no matter how you feel.

7,400 posts, read 6,373,565 times
Have you always been sexually incompatible? Do you think his religious background plays a part in this? Is everything you brought up off the table? Are you talking kink/bdsm that he's not into, or more tame things and he's just not willing to venture outside his comfort zone?

Marriage counseling, but I wonder if going through the Church will actually resolve these issues, and whether the counselor or bishop will side with him since he's the "head of the household." While sex within the traditional religious institution of marriage is all-good, there are some acts that are frowned upon or seen as dirty/bad/worldly in nature (as in, not missionary and not for the purpose of procreation).

Old 11-07-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OP:

That is a very good question.

What about the counseling the two of you went to?

Are the two of you still attending the counseling?
No, the counseling was last year. I asked my husband to see another counselor and he told me he doesn't need a third party talking about our sex life.

Old 11-07-2015, 07:42 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
But why? Is he ultra religious? Does he view sex as dirty? Was he sexually abused? Does he have a low sex drive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Have you always been sexually incompatible? Do you think his religious background plays a part in this? Is everything you brought up off the table? Are you talking kink/bdsm that he's not into, or more tame things and he's just not willing to venture outside his comfort zone?

Marriage counseling, but I wonder if going through the Church will actually resolve these issues, and whether the counselor or bishop will side with him since he's the "head of the household." While sex within the traditional religious institution of marriage is all-good, there are some acts that are frowned upon or seen as dirty/bad/worldly in nature (as in, not missionary and not for the purpose of procreation).
I have known a guy like this. In his case, while he was religious, it wasn't so much tied to that as it was to his self-esteem and world view.

Viewing any sex outside the norm as "weird" is a way to control his life, to ensure safety and stability (in his mind). It's also threatening to make yourself vulnerable. Not sure if this is THIS guy's problem. They don't understand that it can be the very thing that drives women away.

FWIW, April, 3X a week (even vanilla) is better than a LOT of marriages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships