Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 06:26 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
If someone complains about something, you can be sure she did something to bring that on herself.

Don't go for the ones who say "I don't want..."
That's actually not true. Nearly all women on OLD get unsolicited pics of male appendages & I'm pretty certain their only crime is being female!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 06:48 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iuecon99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down in a Hole View Post
Sorry to hear about that man, if you want to talk about it, by all means by my guest!

I've found a little peace with it- just basically realizing that while we both went into it without long term expectations, I developed them and she didn't. She had said some things which made me think the feelings were mutual, but oh well- it happens.

One thing to keep in mind also- I saw people talking about delays in response. Well, the amount of attention women get online is intense. The woman I was dating isn't one whom you would expect to get an unusual amount of attention- she's pretty cute, but her pictures didn't do her justice and while she's very intelligent and nice, she didn't put much effort into her profile so it doesn't really come across. Well, before she met me she was going out on 5-6 dates per week and could have been going on more if it hadn't exhausted her. Insane! I wouldn't enjoy that at all, but on the plus side she sure won't be losing any sleep over the breakup- no time!
The multiple dozens or, gasp, hundreds of messages a day, that many men claim a lot of women receive (so that's why there's a delay or they're not responding), is a huge, ginormous exaggeration. Like, not accurate for most women.

Statistically, women get more attention and messages than men, even the "top 10%," but not anywhere near the amount a lot of guys have deluded themselves into believing. It just makes them feel less sh*tty if they tell themselves they're just swamped with so many messages, so their message got buried or overlooked.

At least on OKC, the stats Hivemind cited, the top women get, on average, 13 messages a day? At one time I had 800+ messages in my OKC inbox after taking time to delete messages, but this was over a period of six months. That does not translate to "hundreds a day." Now, when I was on PoF, especially after spending some time away, I'd get swapped with dozens a day, and on occasion when I'd reactivate my profile on OKC, but this wasn't an everyday thing at all. I never "missed" messages or didn't see them because they were buried in my inbox. If I didn't respond to a message it was because I didn't think the individual was a compatible fit or I wasn't interested. *If* the person's message piqued my curiosity, was well-written, engaging, etc., then I'd respond 90% of the time, and especially so if we were 90+% match and they had a kick-a$$ profile.

Old 11-10-2015, 06:52 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
That's actually not true. Nearly all women on OLD get unsolicited pics of male appendages & I'm pretty certain their only crime is being female!
Never once received a d!c pick via PoF or OKC, but I did receive a message from a young submissive fella, early 20s, asking if I would Domme him. And a lot of "I wonder what you can do with those lips?" Silly boys.

Old 11-10-2015, 09:41 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Never once received a d!c pick via PoF or OKC, but I did receive a message from a young submissive fella, early 20s, asking if I would Domme him. And a lot of "I wonder what you can do with those lips?" Silly boys.
I've had men offering to visit me at weird hours. Then there's the men who try to turn every conversation into something sexual. I have also seen a fair amount of d!c pics! As if that's gonna sway me haha

Old 11-13-2015, 12:08 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,840 times
As much of a horn-dog as I am, I have never sent a woman a $#%@ pic. Just not my style. I will instead mention that I have a deep, sexy voice (true), and if a woman wants to talk on the phone at some point, she won't regret it. And, women always like my voice - great phone conversations are a great pre-cursor re: when we actually meet - though I have talked to some women over the phone I've never met, due to distance.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:01 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
1% is about right in my opinion.

Very rare to be able to find a good woman these days.

Same can be said about the men.

We as a society have done it to ourselves.

Just a bunch of lonely people jumping from one person to the next. Looking for someone that doesn't exist.

If you are lucky to find a man or women that is authentic and that you can see yourself dealing with for the long haul.

Keep them.

Not easy finding a stable partner these days.
This is quite possibly the most accurate post this forum has ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Another thing annoying on OLD lately is that I've been coming across women who write back days later consistently, even though they are online frequently.
I've gotten messages in the middle of the night saying "Hey, I see you're awake too. Wanna chat?" and then a bit later "Okay, I guess not." Meanwhile, I was fast asleep with no idea it showed I was online. Likely because I closed the site without logging out or left it open on my phone because the mobile site is a pain in the ass to deal with.

I have noticed a trend that after about Wednesday evening, OKC (here) pretty much goes dead until Monday morning so I don't even bother logging in during the weekends unless I get an email I have a message from someone. So I don't log in on the weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuecon99 View Post
Yep, men need luck to stand out in the incredible crowd, women need luck to wade through the ungodly number of messages they get.
Yeah, it takes HOURS to go through the one or two spam messages a week I get - if it's a good week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Never once received a d!c pick via PoF or OKC,
Me neither. The closest I've gotten to a d!ck pic is a guy not realizing that Vancouver, WA and Vancouver BC are 6 hours apart in ideal traffic conditions offering to "host" within the first few messages.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:06 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
As for playing games, I was getting messages from someone who was quite impatient. As in, he'd send a message, and then start sending "???" "Ouch" "Guess you're not interested" starting within 10 minutes of not getting response to his first message! (He's mid-40s). I had to laugh the other day when I logged in and the first thing I saw was that he'd updated his profile to vent about all the women on the site who just want to play games. Um, okay.

Last edited by NWGirl74; 11-13-2015 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: Dang it - meant to edit my last post, not quote myself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships