Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2015, 03:21 PM

2 posts, read 908 times

Advertisements

Hello!
Im a 21 year old guy from greece.
Last winter i broke up with a girl who was without a doubt the best girl ive ever met in my life.
She was always there for me,she always cared about me,she was affectionate,intellectual,intelligent,she was a hard worker as well.Everything was perfect about her...She had to move to Australia though with her family,although we kept in touch for a while we had to break up because of the distance She isnt coming to greece anytime soon and i dont want to be waiting a whole year for her just to come for a few days in the summer...We both decided its too painful for both of us and we have to move on with our lifes...
She left on April and since then ive really had a hard time finding a good partner..Ive propably went on 10 dates over those months but just ended up having a thing with 5 of them.It didnt last for over 2 weeks with each of them...There was just no excitement,no chemistry,nothing.No personality.Being with them was just plain boring...I miss my ex very much and its painful but there is no hope of getting her back because of the distance.Nor am i considering moving there just for her..Ive lost all my confidence and hope after that break up but i really feel like i need some excitment and passion in my life again.I really want to fall in love again and feel excited like a little kid whenever i call or see that person...Since that breakup i feel like no girl can catch up with her or beat her in anything.Thats what i mean when i say i feel there is no hope.Because she was always blaming it on herself,being forgiving and everything and all girls ive dated since then are just egocentric divas and drama queens...Im very well aware that girls like my ex are one in a million but i just feel hopeless...Plus im going to the army in about a month so i will be locked up for almost a year..Thats also what drives me crazy that for the time im there i wont be able to date anyone for almost a year..
I dont really know how to be optimistic since i really want to fall in love again and have some female affection in my life...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2015, 03:34 PM

11,402 posts, read 24,493,663 times
Be patient.

Old 11-26-2015, 03:36 PM

277 posts, read 272,188 times
I am sorry you got your heart broken and probably nothing is going to make you feel great right now, but there are two things that i believe in: one, to be heart broken at least once in life is an inevitable experience (i think we all had it), and second, humans have the ability to love more than once or even twice in their lifetime. Also, I've noticed based on personal experience that the age range of 18-21 is the most sensitive and emotionally vulnerable period in a guy's love life, meaning that that's when breakups are the most dramatic; it's almost like you are too young to know what to do with yourself when it happens.

So anyway, just know that there are hundreds and thousands of wonderful people and girls out there. You will certainly fall in love again. 21 is just the beginning!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships