Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 12:40 AM

1,626 posts, read 3,897,581 times

Advertisements

been getting to know this girl that works at the gym. Our eye contact is constant no matter where we are in the gym and I have spoken with her many times. She initates approaches and tells me all about herselff.Scheduling conflicts delayed this. I eventually got her number it was the easiest number grab ever, she wanted me to text her that very night when she got off work. I didn’t.

I waited 5 days, was that too long? I did this because I am overworked and need sleep I literally took allot time off. I did text her she was excited at first and then got cold. I tried to go for the date. Again no response.

Basically everything tanked after waiting 5 days.She was good to go then nothing

So I said (via text )what I wanted to say. i.e. Sorry for not calling when she asked and that I still wanted to get to know her more and continue the conversations that we had there. I said if she feels up for it again text me etc.

I wished her well and that was it. It was more elaborate than that. I thought she would never talk to me again.

She texted back right away saying and insisting over an over that she wasn't pissed off for me not calling (she was and we all know this). And that she is busy and I shouldn't get offended that she didn't reply back to my texts. (I was... we all know this). She insisted for me to not get offended.

So basically... I said sorry and she said sorry.

She still talks/texts to me, she’s very nice. Has not deleted me on Facebook and still looks at me all the time whenever I am there, every single time the whole time during my workouts, where ever we are in the gym. She does not excommunicate me. She doesn't act angry.

I don’t see how not texting at that specified time ruined it all. I told her many times how busy I am before hand and as I got the number that time. This was our last interaction besides saying hello and texts. This was the only event that caused this.

I intend to hold back for a while then re-engage her in the gym via small talk when I bump into her. This was different for me because it seemed like sure thing, when she gave the number she was super enthusiastic/ nervous. I was flattered I hadn't seen this in along time. The constant eye contact and smiles were amazingly blatant

It may be beyond help, but she’s easy going and not hostile to me in any way .She seems really nice. What’s the best course of action to try and get it going again? Im 100% certain there is no other guy

Honestly I want another shot but don't know how. I was really excited to possibly start something with her. It can't be dead. Its too small of a thing to radically change an opinion especially after I explained myself. I dont have one-its. But still very interested. She still looks at me allot and I look at her.

This is so depressing. I think she changed her mind due to misconstrued disinterest.

I do want to make another try and swing things around

Old 12-06-2015, 12:54 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,342,006 times
You were supposed to text her that night. You didn't. You didn't text her until 5 days later??? She would have a right to be pissed! C'mon, man! Are you that busy that you can't send a 2-second text to let her know your status? You're lucky she's still talking to you.

Old 12-06-2015, 12:55 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,719,651 times
You never had her and you never lost her. You are pretty ill-equipped for a relationship, anyway. Still, if you must, apologize honestly and ask her out face to face. Get brave.

Old 12-06-2015, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
You were supposed to text her that night. You didn't. You didn't text her until 5 days later??? She would have a right to be pissed! C'mon, man! Are you that busy that you can't send a 2-second text to let her know your status? You're lucky she's still talking to you.
It was a colossal blunder. I have been out of the game for a while. Can I get this going again? Thats the question

I played it too cool

Old 12-06-2015, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
You never had her and you never lost her. You are pretty ill-equipped for a relationship, anyway. Still, if you must, apologize honestly and ask her out face to face. Get brave.
Nonsense I'm 35 I have not seen enthusiasm like this in years. I did apologize I wrote that above.

I want to hang back then start talking to her again.

Old 12-06-2015, 01:32 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
Nonsense I'm 35 I have not seen enthusiasm like this in years. I did apologize I wrote that above.

I want to hang back then start talking to her again.
Stop it with your rule book! Just ask her out again & no waiting 5 days to text this time. Honestly, if you don't have time to send a text, you don't have time to date.

Old 12-06-2015, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
I wasn't supposed to.I never said I would text her that night. She openly asked.Yes I am that busy. I didnt realize how much of deal that would have been.

When I did text her the first time She was so enthusiastic in the text. Talked for a bit and then vanished.

She still looks at me and so do I.

Old 12-06-2015, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
Stop it with your rule book! Just ask her out again & no waiting 5 days to text this time. Honestly, if you don't have time to send a text, you don't have time to date.
I don't have time to date I told her my time limited, she knows my hectic life. She texts to me, says sorry for not replying still. She makes excuses to be busy and can't, she's not hostile to me . Still looks at me all the time.

I cant ask her out right now. I need to regain her interest and trust.I hope this didnt permanently tank this. She receptive to me in person.

Should I get talk to her more a bit then make another try. Could that work?

Last edited by Swan Dive; 12-06-2015 at 02:22 AM..

Old 12-06-2015, 02:00 AM

I waited to long to text her. that messed this up and I botched this.

Can I recover is that possible and how?

Old 12-06-2015, 04:15 AM

she hasn't cut me off or said no, so could the door still be open later?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.