Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 04:40 AM

24 posts, read 9,058 times

Advertisements

Yes, she was probably mad that you didn't text her that night. She was interested. Is it possible that she has a boyfriend already or maybe she met another guy that asked her out in the time period. The gym is a good way to find people, my husbands friend is a personal trainer and he said he gets hit on a few times a week at the gym. So maybe some other guy hit on her and shes hanging out with him a little. Don't give up, just keep asking her out, she'll say yes eventually. You just have to have a little patience. If your so busy you cant text her for 5 days, maybe she thinks your to busy for other things.

Old 12-06-2015, 05:38 AM

1,626 posts, read 3,906,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccamoo12 View Post
Yes, she was probably mad that you didn't text her that night. She was interested. Is it possible that she has a boyfriend already or maybe she met another guy that asked her out in the time period. The gym is a good way to find people, my husbands friend is a personal trainer and he said he gets hit on a few times a week at the gym. So maybe some other guy hit on her and shes hanging out with him a little. Don't give up, just keep asking her out, she'll say yes eventually. You just have to have a little patience. If your so busy you cant text her for 5 days, maybe she thinks your to busy for other things.
I want to ask her out again I want to regain things. There is no guy in the background. she is like me she ha stone on the go. I waited to keep aloof and play it cool. I called sunday night on purpose as most people tend to be home.

I sent a casual small talk text last week. She got back to me 40 mins and apologized for the the delay? does she still care because of this apologizing I mean ? she still looks at me allot and there is no hostility or massive ignoring.If she still responds to my casual texts and we still do the eye contact thing in every part of the gym the whole time I am there. Would that be a clue that it could be revived?

This was no major fallout, no fight , no bad things done.I just did and strategy to play it cool and it backfired

I know people at work that get back together with someone after mass cheating. So I hope this could.

if you were me what would you do?

Old 12-06-2015, 05:43 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,124,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post

I want to hang back then start talking to her again.
... Which is playing games.

Old 12-06-2015, 06:34 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,989,746 times
Quote:
I waited to long to text her. that messed this up and I botched this.

Can I recover is that possible and how?
What are you doing?

Come on! Stop the drama and over thinking things. Sheesh it's exhausting!

Say hi to her in person. Small talk and start over.

"I want to start over.... Hi. I'm Sam."

I'm sure she will smile and shake your hand.

Lighten up and be less...whatever you are doing.

Old 12-06-2015, 06:37 AM

69 posts, read 51,487 times
Quote:
I waited to keep aloof and play it cool.
This is playing games. If you are interested in her at all you need to show interest. Now. Not in five days.

Quote:
I don't have time to date I told her my time limited, she knows my hectic life. She texts to me, says sorry for not replying still. She makes excuses to be busy and can't, she's not hostile to me . Still looks at me all the time.

I cant ask her out right now. I need to regain her interest and trust.I hope this didnt permanently tank this. She receptive to me in person.

Should I get talk to her more a bit then make another try. Could that work?
If you do t have time to date and can't ask her out then what do you want? Are you looking for a relationship or a hook-up?

Quote:
I wasn't supposed to.I never said I would text her that night. She openly asked.Yes I am that busy. I didnt realize how much of deal that would have been.

When I did text her the first time She was so enthusiastic in the text. Talked for a bit and then vanished.

She still looks at me and so do I.
She asked you to text her and you didn't. For five days. Your excuse is that you never said you would text her so in your mind you didn't break a promise or anything.

Quote:
Nonsense I'm 35 I have not seen enthusiasm like this in years. I did apologize I wrote that above.

I want to hang back then start talking to her again.
You have not seen enthusiasm like this in years but you still want to hang back, play it cool, to act aloof and take your time. This is playing games and this is the fastest way to have her lose interest in you. You thought because she showed interest and eye contact that she was an easy target and when she didn't fall for your games, now you are panicking.

If you are looking for anything more than casual sex you are going about it totally wrong.

Old 12-06-2015, 06:48 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,647,434 times
Your attempt at playing hard to get by showing lack of consideration for another has left her thinking your not at all dependable. If I were her I wouldn't be upset I would be gone. Your very much a narcissist with the way you describe how she can't keep her eyes of you even now. Look at the number of posts with your name on them that speaks loudly.If your this kind of awesome why would you put your focus on one person? By the way, after reading your posts you are very lacking in the 35 yr old dept.

Old 12-06-2015, 06:51 AM

11,407 posts, read 24,508,673 times
The OP seems to be a neurotic over thinker.

Old 12-06-2015, 06:53 AM

17,154 posts, read 13,008,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
You never had her and you never lost her. You are pretty ill-equipped for a relationship, anyway. Still, if you must, apologize honestly and ask her out face to face. Get brave.
Exactly. You can't lose what you never had in the first place. Besides, you aren't allowed to own another person, remember? That's called slavery

Old 12-06-2015, 07:17 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,778,125 times
The OP's game playing as well as what he posted regarding the female who keeps on looking at him would turn me off if I was his age and single. I would not be interested in getting to know him due to his behavior.

Plus I am not into hooking up.

Thank goodness I am married.

Old 12-06-2015, 09:08 AM

48,581 posts, read 35,035,788 times
She probably got a BF during your apparent time of disinterest and all your waffling on asking her out.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships