Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 04:20 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times

Advertisements

Pics where the people are dressed up, to me, are an instant turn off. They're not my type of people. I wear a suit plenty, and dress up often enough for stuff like charity fundraisers (Etc) but I want to see people looking like I'll see them normally: ready to go see a band, hiking, whatever. Casual. Not dolled up. One of two might are fine, but not a majority. I know actually I did better when I removed all the dressed up photos (per some advice from ladyfriends)... one from a nonprofit org fundraiser (a group I was involved with) and one from a work convention where I was presenting. I liked the photos, my female friends did not, they said I didn't look fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 04:22 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
I always felt any studio pics unwise. It can look like:

1. You are trying way to hard
2. All dolled up and intentionally taking pics can make guys wonder what you look like without all that trouble
3. It can look like a scam page, they use professional pics
4. If you don't have casual pics, pics doing hobbies, out with friends and stuff guys are going to wonder why not?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-23-2015, 04:22 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,444,112 times
Thanks for all the replies!

I just kept it very classy: a nice dress which shows my figure but not too revealing, nice setting...

Alas, I might have to add some more pictures from hiking trips and such. Maybe people really do think that I'm fake.

Old 12-23-2015, 04:28 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
"Dressed to the nines" may show to others that you "clean up good". But people want to see what you look like every day...and in more casual situations and clothes - that's how they'd be seeing you typically. They want the every day you!

Old 12-23-2015, 04:32 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,444,112 times
I get what you all are saying, but thing is that, I LIKE to be dressed up and dolled up and try to look nice every day! Love the ties and button down shirts (on men) and dresses and all.

Should I add a photo of me after a workout? Wouldn't that be misrepresentation?

Or should I move to another city? PNW is pretty casual, I don't fit in very well in my 4 inch heels

Old 12-23-2015, 04:33 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
To my surprise, I did not deal with scammers. Never once did I have date plans fall through or a guy ghost on me when I brought up meeting.

Well, I do have to admit that sometimes played along for a while just for the fun of it
and the knowing that the time I was taking up was keeping them from somebody less discerning
But, they would always flake out when it came to ' let's meet' or over other revealing issues .

Hey!You gotta have some fun to make up for all the crap.

Old 12-23-2015, 04:34 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
High maintenance is not really popular in the PNW.

But advertise what you are though your replies might be less, there is nothing wrong with that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-23-2015, 04:35 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
I get what you all are saying, but thing is that, I LIKE to be dressed up and dolled up and try to look nice every day!
If that's the real you that will consistently show up...don't change it unless you just want to waste time

Old 12-23-2015, 04:37 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
I get what you all are saying, but thing is that, I LIKE to be dressed up and dolled up and try to look nice every day! Love the ties and button down shirts (on men) and dresses and all.

Should I add a photo of me after a workout? Wouldn't that be misrepresentation?

Or should I move to another city? PNW is pretty casual, I don't fit in very well in my 4 inch heels
Then you need to find someone who likes to be all *dolled up* as well.
You may appear high maintenance and unapproachable in your *4 inch heels* and perfect photos.
I am of the opinion that your perfect photos is a misrepresentation unless of course you wake up looking like that and wearing those 4 inch heels.

Old 12-23-2015, 05:00 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,084 times
Quote:
Thanks for all the replies!

I just kept it very classy: a nice dress which shows my figure but not too revealing, nice setting...

Alas, I might have to add some more pictures from hiking trips and such. Maybe people really do think that I'm fake.
Yes, add some pictures of you with fish. That will sure catch someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships