Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 06:11 PM

194 posts, read 143,358 times

Advertisements

Does it make you supicious in any way? I think my girlfriend is but I told her we were just friends, I wouldn't cheat on her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 06:15 PM

912 posts, read 914,693 times
As a S.O., I am confident enough not to worry.

As a former best friend of many male friends, I'd worry because all of my male best friends eventually tried to take it to the next level at some point.

At the end of the day, you need to trust your man. If you are with a man you can't trust, female best friend or not, it's time to get counseling or move on. Your girlfriend might be uneasy at first, but if you are making her feel like the center of your universe, the female best friend will be no threat at all.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:16 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Give a dog a bone they might chew on it.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:21 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,520,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bob 42 View Post
Does it make you supicious in any way? I think my girlfriend is but I told her we were just friends, I wouldn't cheat on her.
Mate I've had the exact same situation,

My closest friend in the world is a girl, we've known each other since nursery ( 4 ) and my ex hated that I used to see her all the time.

I've had her around for dinner, gone out for drinks etc and she still was suspicious in the end I threatened to walk out and only then she believed me

I think the thing that made her suspicious was not necessarily my friend but the fact we were in a FWB relationship before we actually got together, and she's seen first hand that I'm a bit of lad when out and about so........

I'm the same I'd never cheat but has your GF actually said anything yet? Or why do you think she's suspicious?

Old 01-03-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Mate I've had the exact same situation,

My closest friend in the world is a girl, we've known each other since nursery ( 4 ) and my ex hated that I used to see her all the time.

I've had her around for dinner, gone out for drinks etc and she still was suspicious in the end I threatened to walk out and only then she believed me

I think the thing that made her suspicious was not necessarily my friend but the fact we were in a FWB relationship before we actually got together, and she's seen first hand that I'm a bit of lad when out and about so........

I'm the same I'd never cheat but has your GF actually said anything yet? Or why do you think she's suspicious?
When she found out I hung out her she was worried that we might have feelings for each other, she asked me about her and I said we were just friends. We have been friends since school.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:28 PM

39 posts, read 40,947 times
Quote:
When she found out I hung out her she was worried that we might have feelings for each other, she asked me about her and I said we were just friends. We have been friends since school.
How do you feel about your friend. I find most guys are as loyal as their options.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:30 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,520,276 times
Quote:
When she found out I hung out her she was worried that we might have feelings for each other, she asked me about her and I said we were just friends.
Tell you what might work mate and put her mind at rest........ Get your friend on the phone to her or invite her round for some dinner

I actually did the very same when she was seeing a bloke a few years ago, like all men he thought I was after " his girl " she told me this so I rang him up and got him in the boozer for a few jars and we had it out.

It worked a treat!.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
How do you feel about your friend. I find most guys are as loyal as their options.
Well to be honest, she's like a sister to me, and I couldn't date my sister.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:31 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,279,161 times
Quote:
Well ask yourself how you would feel if her best friend would be some guy.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Well ask yourself how you would feel if her best friend would be some guy.
I wouldn't be suspicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships