Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2016, 12:00 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,436,809 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAc5Z89SjH8

Old 02-12-2016, 12:33 AM

204 posts, read 145,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setchel View Post
From what I've seen, the "going gay" option has certainly gained a lot of traction the last few years for men.
There's a lot of sentiment toward the idea of just forgoing women altogether. Logically it's a huge liability. Flirting or asking a girl out can be nerve wracking for some guys and it seems some women like to go out of their way to humiliate a man if he dares to show interest in her. Not to mention the ever present concern that she's cry sexual harassment. Get into dating and a man is still expected to pay a woman's way, but somewhere in there she's an equal. And he's the lucky one if they have sex. Actually sex is ever worse. Was she drinking at all and had sex? Most places consider that rape today (women can't be held accountable while drunk, while men can). Was it a fling and she woke up the next day and is disgusted? She can easily cry rape too. And of course pregnancy is always there (call it underhanded, but most guys I know that do the bar hopping thing are very careful to give NO personal details so he can never be traced for child support).
And that's long before talking about relationships, engagement, marriage rituals (ridiculous ring cost? Wait until you pay for a wedding! And you can forget dowries. Those are a thing of the past). And if you make it that far, divorce will often be a monster that ruins everything in your life.

Self-entitlement is nothing new for people, but third wave feminism is definitely a strong reason why a man would do best to second guess the character of a woman before he makes any moves toward a relationship.
Ah, you are getting into the details that I was hedging to mention in this thread! In this thread, they call it actual information. Good man!

Regarding going gay, we were talking about it on a MGTOW forum the other day about a perceived uptick on a dating website in the last two years of the number of new registrants who are MWM (married white male) and who are seeking another MWM there for reciprocal relief from lack of sex in marriage. As the stigma around homosexuality relaxes, we see the tide raises and lowers all boats. As I recall, such men were not the primary advocates for gay acceptance. We know who were, though. Not the men. Kinda amusing.

The r*ape you mention when the woman re-decides the next day what her participation was the night before is nicknamed regret r*ape, as you likely know.

Last edited by sylvianfisher; 02-12-2016 at 01:36 AM..

Old 02-12-2016, 07:09 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,688,647 times
The MWMs who dated my gay roommate weren't seeking relief from their sexless marriages so much as hiding their true selves from their beard wives. I hope that society can get to a place where being gay is accepted enough that women and men don't feel that they have to have these sham marriages.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:13 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,943,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvianfisher View Post
Since you already have a problem with my method of expression, what makes you think you are capable to process what Al Qaeda says to you in their words? Do you think they will be nice guys? What are the probabilities that they will have the manners and tact that you require, and will respond well when you tell them that they talk with blatant idiocy?

May I ask, are you in college or university?
No, I'm a 44 year old man with a BS and a Masters from a rather fine institution, not that it is any of your business.

Other than my lack of foreign language skills, I think I'd do fine, I'm rather adept at parsing out arguments, thank you. While I do have a problem with your manners and tact (lack thereof), the real issue is that you've provided not an ounce of substance in your posts. ALL they are are poorly veiled insults from someone that believes they have some sort of superior intellect, while the adults in the room reading and watching just laugh.

Last edited by timberline742; 02-12-2016 at 07:40 AM..

Old 02-12-2016, 07:33 AM

10,091 posts, read 6,424,617 times
Sylvian Fisher, regarding your post #398, you seem to be asking why American men haven't responded to the issue of feminism in this country by instituting Sharia law respecting the incredibly dominant and repressive (not to mention barbaric) treatment of females by males in Muslim countries. Is this what you believe MGTOW should advocate in response to the "decay of women?"

Old 02-12-2016, 08:10 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
The MWMs who dated my gay roommate weren't seeking relief from their sexless marriages so much as hiding their true selves from their beard wives. I hope that society can get to a place where being gay is accepted enough that women and men don't feel that they have to have these sham marriages.
Pretty much. But hey - let's blame women for this, too!

Old 02-12-2016, 08:28 AM

510 posts, read 499,985 times
Just an observation:
Men and Women with higher education marry at a later age and at a higher rate and have more successful marriages (less ending in divorce) than people with high school education or less. Since our society as moved away from an industrial based economy to a service based economy the ability to obtain a middle class standard of living without higher education or trade school is very unlikely.

BUT college graduation rates are actually on the lower side for our country (roughly 20-30% of the country) so that actually leaves a large chunk of population marriage eligible for people without a degree, assuming that is a absolute factor in marriage.

Now among the population attending college, a little more than half of women obtain degrees (about 60%) with men earning around (40%) with a given year. So assuming marriage is based solely on degrees there should be an excess of women without husbands, and actually it looks like men are the real winners of this, more women to select from.

But non-educated men still have a HUGE chunk of the country to pick from who themselves aren't educated (thus not a factor), the educated men are already taken by educated women (no competition) and there should be some educated sugar mommas too.

So when it comes down to it. Statistically there is no reason why you cannot get married.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:01 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
^ Yup... ^

I've never met a man who "went gay" (??? ) in response to not being able to have satisfying relationships with women.

I don't even know that this is possible. If it is, I've never heard of it. I am a hetero woman and no matter what a man or men might do to me, I can't imagine suddenly thinking in the middle of it, "You know what I could really use right now? A woman."

I just... ????

However, I have known a few men who had always been gay and married anyway (or had hetero relationships), then came out much later, and said at that time they had only been in hetero situations in order to seem "normal," not be hounded by family, friends and so on, and in an attempt to "start wanting" women. So as far as I can tell, it doesn't work the other way, either...a person can't "go straight" any more than s/he can "go gay."

Old 02-12-2016, 11:15 AM

477 posts, read 314,562 times
More men will not go there own way in the future, more women will not go their own way in the future either. Nobody is going anywhere. Men and women have been jumping each others' bones for hundreds of thousands of years and more. They have been marrying for millenia, MGTOW won't change that. Nothing will.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:44 AM

204 posts, read 145,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No, I'm a 44 year old man with a BS and a Masters from a rather fine institution, not that it is any of your business.

Other than my lack of foreign language skills, I think I'd do fine, I'm rather adept at parsing out arguments, thank you. While I do have a problem with your manners and tact (lack thereof), the real issue is that you've provided not an ounce of substance in your posts. ALL they are are poorly veiled insults from someone that believes they have some sort of superior intellect, while the adults in the room reading and watching just laugh.
My refraining from providing substance was intentional. People were showing me how they take pot shots when I haven't even provided information, so there is no way I am going to move forward to bring them information when they are already trying out their habitual forum behaviors. If they can't behave now, with introductory conversation, there ain't no moving forward. The biblical concept I keep in mind is Matthew 7:6.

Based on your few posts, you are ok with yourself about talking about how I come across, but do not like when I point out how others come across to me. You are part of the gang, face it.

You prefer it that way. How do I know this? Why not ask cogent questions instead? What's stopping you? You'd rather waste time. Prove me wrong. Ask something, without your need to embed personal messages.

Set aside your need to dislike me, if possible.

Last edited by sylvianfisher; 02-12-2016 at 11:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.