Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2016, 05:07 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,477,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
My question is WHY you believe this to be true? From the research that I have done, this does not seem to be the case.
Personal experience, real people in "the real world" people who would define themsleves in this way knowing its meaning, but not associating with the vile hatred and anger those trying to be heard will push everywhere.

I'm not saying the extreme doesn't exist or this isn't known for that behavior, it does becuase of just what that type of statement attracts and the bottom feeders that have pushed it as business have done. it HAS been shaped by those people to what it is now. Their was never a "movement" until those people took the concept and turned it in to one.

I can find a hundred different versions and a hundred different groups that all claim to be the MGTOW movement. The only differences in all of them coming off that original statment of intent is what they want to interperate it as and how they feel it should be "fixed"

It's as gross as the opposite scene has become.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:09 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,222,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvianfisher View Post
I was recapping her words! But, now you are off to the races....

And she's heading around the bend... Somebodynew has passed sylvianfisher by three lengths...

I am waiting for you to give me what is my due.
You are not due my agreement.
Quote:
I agreed with you. You can agree with me, that women need men's money, if only for child support. It's not difficult to give agreement. But you prefer more conversation.
I contend that the child can use money.

Quote:
Give me my Yes! I am not going to talk to you further with your ego in the way!
[/quote]
You are an emotional bag.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:10 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,223,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Personal experience, real people in "the real world" people who would define themsleves in this way knowing its meaning, but not associating with the vile hatred and anger thoss trying to be heard will push everywhere.

I'm not saying the extreme doesn't exist or this isn't known for that behavior, it does becuase of just what that type of statement attracts and the bottom feeders that have pushed it as business. it HAS been shaped by those people to what it is now. Their was never a "movement" until those people took the concept and turned it in to one.
So, your friends used the term "men going their own way" before the movement started? Is that what you are trying to say?

Old 02-12-2016, 05:11 PM

524 posts, read 523,812 times
Edit: I have no idea how this happened.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionsRGood View Post
OP, it seems you have no clue what love is. What if he was mute, how would you know he loved you? Real love is expressed through nonverbal communication. We express love for others through our caring actions, not words. Maybe if you stopped worrying so much about what he says you would be more cognizant of what he's doing to show you he cares.
Ummm... wrong thread?

Old 02-12-2016, 05:14 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,041,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvianfisher View Post
Yeah, I know what you mean. But, I count on you to understand that "women" does not automatically mean "all women". I already well understand that when the word "men" is used, that it does not automatically mean "all men" and so I don't throw a flag onto the field when it's used broadly.

My comment about advocacy was just me trying to be clever. I don't blame you for taking me seriously.

Thank you.

But it's a whole men's movement based on what some women do..... meh.

If I'm going to worry about people's rights being abused I'll be looking at Syria or other places with actual problems.

The plight of the single white male will just have to work on itself.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-12-2016, 05:18 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,477,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
So, your friends used the term "men going their own way" before the movement started? Is that what you are trying to say?
No.
I am saying they are and where aware of the originating concept and statment of intent and agreed with it as it reflected their beliefs.
Since then it has changed as it grew in to a "movement" by those who wish to profit in some way and those who want to push it to harm the equally as asinine opposite half.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
No.
I am saying they are and where aware of the originating concept and statment of intent and agreed with it as it reflected their beliefs.
Since then it has changed as it grew in to a "movement" by those who wish to profit in some way and those who want to push it to harm the equally as asinine opposite half.
I'm still not understanding. If the movement is called Men Going Their Own Way - and we all know what it stands for - then why do you believe that it didn't always stand for what it stands for? You are saying that your friends didn't consider themselves Men Going Their Own Way - then why do you think that their beliefs have anything to do with the movement titled Men Going Their Own Way?

Old 02-12-2016, 06:07 PM

204 posts, read 145,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Sure. A person who ascribes to a "they're all like that" mindset, such as AWALT, has little room for complaint when others are similarly prejudiced against him or her. It doesn't make much sense to say "maybe some of us are, but I'm not" while ignoring such objections from others.
Got it. I agree. It doesn't make much sense, but I think sometimes in life this stuff makes some sense.

If, say, a woman tells her man that she uses birth control and, while she does, she has one of those oops pregnancies, it's hard to know if she is one of those women who intentionally had an oops for any of those reasons that we can think of. Who can know? If men, upon hearing those stories, are each reminded by MGTOW that he, not her, is responsible for his reproduction, then if he wraps it, she may object to his condom use as unnecessary as she is on the pill and she likes the feeling of his skin next to hers, etc. The man is counseled that he cannot afford to place all responsibility on the woman as he doesn't want an oops and he certainly doesn't want a deceptive oops. If she might say, I am not like those other women, who can know? He still should not place all responsibility on her, in spite of her objections. So, here we have a case where she says NAWALT but he has to do what he has to do, in effect taking a default AWALT stance.

MGTOW expects men to take responsibility for their reproduction. Do not impregnate. Period.

Women should find a certain relief in hearing that stance but I suspect some will see only a negative.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:15 PM

204 posts, read 145,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
But it's a whole men's movement based on what some women do..... meh.

If I'm going to worry about people's rights being abused I'll be looking at Syria or other places with actual problems.

The plight of the single white male will just have to work on itself.
Enough women are doing it. Plus the legal system, plus the politics. That's all it takes. Cost/benefit analysis. Men logically respond to the abuse in their vicinity. Feminists do not stop their act because there is a Syria.

So much concern about Syria. I'm waiting for the USA feminist women to form a mercenary militia to head to Syria and do anything. Why wait for some patriarchal system like the US Military? These women are strong and independent and, to hear them, they can do anything a man can do. Let's see it.

Last edited by sylvianfisher; 02-12-2016 at 06:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.