Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2016, 06:30 PM

204 posts, read 145,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
You are not due my agreement.

You can't even acknowledge a simple and obvious truth, because a man asked you to.

As I always say, women have huge egos, too. Men are overdue to point this out to them.

The last word is yours, of course. I am so done with you.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:56 PM

720 posts, read 500,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
In this day and age, we see all kinds of stories about men being rejected for all sorts of superfluous reasons, often by women who in years past would have at least considered the man. Women clearly have the upper hand in the legal system, and in the general dating market. Society is clearly becoming more liberal, and tilting its preferences toward women.

Will many men simply opt out of the dating/marriage going forward in the near term, say, five to ten years?
Opt out? Nah. We like sex too much so we'll put up with women's crap just to get some. It is what it is.

What I do worry about, culturally speaking, is that we're raising a generation of men who will grow up with a fundamental distrust and lack of respect for women. I think there are too many inaccurate depictions of women out there that will wind up making young men bitter and thinking, "what's the point?"

Old 02-12-2016, 08:21 PM

1,638 posts, read 1,110,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmil View Post
Opt out? Nah. We like sex too much so we'll put up with women's crap just to get some. It is what it is.

What I do worry about, culturally speaking, is that we're raising a generation of men who will grow up with a fundamental distrust and lack of respect for women. I think there are too many inaccurate depictions of women out there that will wind up making young men bitter and thinking, "what's the point?"
Isnt that just valid cost/benefit analysis on behalf of the men? Japan had a huge feminist movement and look at it now.

Look women only "have the upper hand" due to social conditoning and laws. A few third wave feminist laws which really suck...
A) Married women who get pregnant from other men while married can still hit up the husband for money. He is legally responsible.
B) Domestic abuse: about half of women initiate domestic violence, but most men are the ones getting arrested.
C) Common law marriages in some states: youre not married why should you be treated as such?
D) Divorce: Alimony recipients are still 97% female. Most children are given to the women rather than 50/50 custody. Women can also sometimes claim property acquired before marriage by adding a few trivalties and upgrades (ie getting a 400k house split and sold after doing a kitchen upgrade and claiming the house is joint property. Ive seen it happen).
E) rape hysteria on college campuses: innocent till proven guilty nonsense without due process of law. The 25% statistic is proven to be a lie.
F)Total lack of say of a man in the conception of his child. What isnt in his control however is mandatory child support of a child he may not have wanted due to a woman lying about their birth control status.

Im a firm believer that NAWALT. However, the majority of Americans are greedy POS, and now the laws favor women and allow them to act like greedy POS if they want to. As such men will opt out of reproduction and marriage. Which IMO is a good thing given our current global population and potential shortages of water, jobs, and housing in the future.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:38 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbiodude View Post
Isnt that just valid cost/benefit analysis on behalf of the men? Japan had a huge feminist movement and look at it now.

Look women only "have the upper hand" due to social conditoning and laws. A few third wave feminist laws which really suck...
A) Married women who get pregnant from other men while married can still hit up the husband for money. He is legally responsible.
B) Domestic abuse: about half of women initiate domestic violence, but most men are the ones getting arrested.
C) Common law marriages in some states: youre not married why should you be treated as such?
D) Divorce: Alimony recipients are still 97% female. Most children are given to the women rather than 50/50 custody. Women can also sometimes claim property acquired before marriage by adding a few trivalties and upgrades (ie getting a 400k house split and sold after doing a kitchen upgrade and claiming the house is joint property. Ive seen it happen).
E) rape hysteria on college campuses: innocent till proven guilty nonsense without due process of law. The 25% statistic is proven to be a lie.
F)Total lack of say of a man in the conception of his child. What isnt in his control however is mandatory child support of a child he may not have wanted due to a woman lying about their birth control status.

Im a firm believer that NAWALT. However, the majority of Americans are greedy POS, and now the laws favor women and allow them to act like greedy POS if they want to. As such men will opt out of reproduction and marriage. Which IMO is a good thing given our current global population and potential shortages of water, jobs, and housing in the future.
What a catch.

Here he is, girls, go get 'im.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
What a catch.

Here he is, girls, go get 'im.
So being aware of the hypocrisy/legal hangups makes you undatable does it? In the manosphere thats known as the red pill.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:54 PM

204 posts, read 145,499 times
Quote:

I'm glad you are here. I hope others speak up, too.

As you just saw, by their fruits ye shall know them. (Matt. 7:16)

Old 02-12-2016, 09:09 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
So being aware of the hypocrisy/legal hangups makes you undatable does it? In the manosphere thats known as the red pill.
I didn't say undatable.

Now...amazingly bitter, distrustful and prone to hysteria, on the other hand...

Old 02-12-2016, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I didn't say undatable.

Now...amazingly bitter, distrustful and prone to hysteria, on the other hand...
Those things arent something Id generally proclaim to the world in public, but they do affect my behavior. Nonetheless, its factual knowledge which most men should probably know when dating.

I know when a women says shes on the pill for example that shes possibly lying. Ive caught 2 ex gfs lying about it previously and called them out on it. I was also very careful in college not to "ruffle any womans feathers the wrong way" due to rape hysteria. Moreover, Im well aware of divorce and see very little positives in signing a government contract which could have an angry ex seize my assets for years or make me pay for children that arent mine. I also generally go out of my way to avoid any women that may seem the slightest bit unstable. Because even defending yourself can land you in prison and shut you out of professional employment for life. Not to mention Ive seen totally false abuse claims filed. One friend had to spend 15k on lawyers last year to get out of a fake assault case from a woman who cut her hand breaking into his house when he wasnt even home.

All this knowledge is hardly hurtful. Id like to change some laws but I cant beyond basic voting. So I date carefully when I can sometimes, but for the most part GMOW.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:35 PM

6,738 posts, read 4,422,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Yes, many men will "opt out"- and the women will absolutely weep.
Yep, Men will grow tired of women wanting everything, and bringing nothing to a relationship but BS and past drama. That gets old fast. We will settle for her quirky less judgmental friend, that expects little and appreciates everything extra she gets. She's the keeper. Then there's the.. sorry gotta go, popcorn's cooking!

Old 02-12-2016, 10:44 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I'm still not understanding. If the movement is called Men Going Their Own Way - and we all know what it stands for - then why do you believe that it didn't always stand for what it stands for? You are saying that your friends didn't consider themselves Men Going Their Own Way - then why do you think that their beliefs have anything to do with the movement titled Men Going Their Own Way?
You are trying to fit everything and everyone in to one small box when it isn't that at all.
I already explained this all to you in the previous posting.

The "orginal" statement of intent was titled "men need to go their own way" it did not exist as a movement in its inception. Their was no orginzarion trying to peddle anything or backing it's message. It was just a statement towards men that certain things should not be compromised just for someone else.

It went on and gained popularity due to radical feminism gaining ground in the media and in general. From their "somewhere" over time it took on what the you or anyone else looking for will find today - a total anti movment dedicated to countering exteme/radical feminism

I would assume they feel this way (the people I associate with) because they identify and believe in that orginal statement, not in any one spefic following of "men going their own way" that has attempted to organize their interpatiations as "the" movement.

Prehapes it is just time to stop using the term for those who do not follow the radical and fanatic "he man women hater" variety and just call them "men's rights"
It's pretty apparent the original intent has been lost and turned in to something that denotes hostility and negativity to the general population looking for its meaning as it exist now.

Last edited by rego00123; 02-12-2016 at 11:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships