Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 06:02 AM

10 posts, read 7,701 times

Advertisements

Long story short, I have been with this woman for about 3 years. We live together. We at.e both mid 30s. Everything goes no fine from my perspective. We have talked marriage, long term plans, kids. She is very affectionate towards me, we have sex a lot. And good sex. We do tons of stuff together, actually we are on a trip now. I am writing this from a hotel room while she is in the shower.

A few days ago, while we were cuddling and watching tv in the couch, she had her phone out showing me something on Facebook, and a text notification flashed from a name I recognized as an ex boyfriend of hers. Said something like "thanks for earlier". I did not say anything or even acknowledge that I saw it. I would have let it go, but later, when we were going to bed he sent another. Again, I did not acknowledge. We had sex and went to sleep. The next morning while she was in the shower, while I was getting ready, I heard her phone make a weird noise. It was an incoming FaceTime request from him.

I then went in here phone and looked at the texts from him. I could only gets couple days in... She was sexting with him, And sent nude photos of herself. I don't know how long this has been going on. I know she dated this guy a LONGtime ago. And I'm pretty sure they have not had any physical contact, he lives about 45 minutes away.

I don't even know how to approach her about this. Considering I know what I know, without her throwing the"why were you going through my phone " bit. I think I had good reason.

She has been through some emotionally abusiver relationships in the past and certain things she finds controlling, like me even inquiring about this might set her off.

Bottom line I am completely devastated by this, it's been tearing me apart the last few days, I just don't know how to handle it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 06:44 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,067,356 times
It sucks to find actual evidence that you've been betrayed.

Personally, I would tell her you won't stand for it. It doesn't matter that you went through her phone. Just tell her that when you saw the text alert and she didn't acknowledge it, you knew something was up so you checked. An attorney would call that "probable cause."

When you get home, I would tell her not to unpack.

Old 02-14-2016, 07:05 AM

19,972 posts, read 30,284,784 times
respect others, without compromising yourself a lifelong motto

if I were in your shoes,,,, this is what id do,,,, find his screename,,,,and reply to him one on one-nothing deters a man like a crazed boyfriend...send a picture of the to of you,, and tell him,,, you two have been talking of marriage you would appreciate it if you would stay [bleep] away from them,,,and not be a homewrecker...id even go so far as to say,,,did she tell you she was pregnant??
(why do you have to play by the honest rules,,,they are dumping on you,,and playing you the fool)

then he will back off ... tell her.. and lets see how she handles it,,she cannot get mad at you
she cant bring it up to you without admitting what she's already doing..

most will say go to her first..... well maybe if you are ready to lose her go ahead,,,, she has a man to fall to,,,while you will be devastated

the perfect world,,is you confront her,,,and say thank you for revealing who you truly are .... and leave
if you can do this,,,go ahead

if you cannot and think you two can salvage this,,,,,,then try to talk it out,,

but

you are in a situation a million guys have been in,,,
if the shoe is on the other foot,,,she will yell and scream and say she cant trust you...

no one knows this situation better than you..

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-15-2016 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 02-14-2016, 07:26 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,609,366 times
The text and Face Time weren't snooping, they were in your view. You should confront her about that.

If you think you could ever trust her again then suggest counseling.

Old 02-14-2016, 07:29 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,825,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedFlorida View Post
And I'm pretty sure they have not had any physical contact, he lives about 45 minutes away.
I hate to say this, but 45 min is not nearly enough distance away to deter two people from getting together. Every relationship I've been in, but one, has lived further away than that.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:00 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,773,388 times
You're naive. They are having a physical affair under your nose. What are your choices really?

They are also hoping you will find out about it. What secret lover texts and facetimes repeatedly when he knows his lover is at a hotel with her boyfriend?

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-15-2016 at 07:57 AM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:16 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,739,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You're naive. They are having a physical affair under your nose. What are your choices really?

They are also hoping you will find out about it. What secret lover texts and facetimes repeatedly when he knows his lover is at a hotel with her boyfriend?

[snip]
I was about to say; They either don't care that the OP finds out or they WANT him to find out.

Either way...I think it's safe to say that you should probably duck out.

No use in pretending nothing is going on.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-15-2016 at 07:57 AM..

Old 02-14-2016, 08:25 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,204,974 times
Who cares if she is upset that you looked at her phone? She's cheating on you.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:36 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,754,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Who cares if she is upset that you looked at her phone? She's cheating on you.
Right. You don't need to explain or justify yourself. A simple "You're cheating on me and I know it" is all you need to say. If you don't want to listen to explanations, don't. If you don't want to work it out, don't. She can be as angry as she wants--so what? I agree that they probably wanted you to find out.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:38 AM

24,573 posts, read 18,341,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
When you get home, I would tell her not to unpack.
This. You don't want a long term relationship with this women. Hit the eject button.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships