Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 02:01 AM

12,983 posts, read 9,701,773 times

Advertisements

Maybe you should have joined your friend who went into the military. They used to have the buddy system, where friends can join together and go through basic training and training schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 03:19 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,229,218 times
Can't you partake in some free activities? I'm saving money at present so I do cycling and practice yoga via YouTube. E.g. You could join a cycling club and make friends this way. Not all hobbies cost tons of money. If you can figure this out now, then you can get ideas of some inexpensive places to bring your future dates.

You do sound depressed. Maybe you should see someone coz it's definitely not healthy to base your happiness on someone else.

Old 02-18-2016, 03:47 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,860,812 times
Try some groups. Charities, politics, religion, sports...there are many possibilities that look for and/or welcome newbies. Get involved. Meet people.

Help someone or something. There are countless people and things that need help...more than you even.

Do things. Smile more. Talk to people. Not all will reciprocate. Some will.

Follow paths that work...not all will. Deal with it.

Keep trying til you find things you like to do that work. The possibilities are endless.

If its not helping ...back off only using FB, the Internet, your phone, tech for a while...look around.

Try...don't just complain. Be prepared to fail as well as succeed. Life isn't perfect. You are better off than many...

Old 02-18-2016, 05:16 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,987,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingbald42 View Post
Yeah I agree. Gotta work on myself first.
Quote:
yeah, my priority right now is to get into grad school then I will move out of my parents house and start living my life again. I would do jiu jitsu if it was cheap, but so expensive.
There's some goals!!

Winter is a depressing time if you live in that climate.

Hang in there!!!

Old 02-18-2016, 05:17 AM

11,406 posts, read 24,504,352 times
Depression, yep.

Are you actively looking for another job? That sounds like the second key to your problems.

First see a doctor about your lack of drive. Start exercising more. Run, walk, do calisthenics at home.

Find a social outlet or activity group for weekends. You can't be that broke...

Don't let yourself wallow in self pity, keep trying. You'll get there.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:42 AM

708 posts, read 825,806 times
You need to look at your diet. I also suggest you take time for gratitude and start looking at all of your blessings, make a list. Your perspective is a big part of why you feel the way that you do.

This is my perspective on some of what you wrote..

Quote:

Basically I work a crappy job

You are not unemployed and while in work, can look for a better job.

Quote:
live at home with my parents.
You have a roof over your head security and family.

Quote:

I barely have any friends

I have like only two friends whom I can actually hang out with one is leaving to go to the military, which leaves only one friend left.
You have one friend and in time can make more if you wish. You can see the military friend when he is back home or keep in contact.

Quote:
This girl that I was talking to for awhile I was pretty into her and then she ended up getting a boyfriend and then blocked me and stopped talking to me which made me a bit sad.
There is no reason why you can't meet another girl and take what you learned from that experience with you. If you feel sad then next time change your actions.

Quote:
I am 24 years old.
You have lots of time to learn, to change, to grow and to shape your life. By the way, I'd say that at almost any age because this is what I believe.

Your perspective is holding you back and all negative thoughts simply have zero purpose other than keeping you were you do not want to be. Think about it.

If you give yourself good food and good thoughts you will see a change eventually.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:06 AM

16,223 posts, read 25,706,795 times
*Chin up* You are way too young to be in this kind of funk!!

Get yourself up. Get motivated. Go job hunting. Life doesn't have to be spent wanting to lay in bed, feeling blue!

Old 02-18-2016, 09:52 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,921,041 times
Quote:
I would do jiu jitsu if it was cheap, but so expensive.
Plenty of free (or super low-cost) garage training around.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:53 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,921,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
Can't you partake in some free activities? I'm saving money at present so I do cycling and practice yoga via YouTube. E.g. You could join a cycling club and make friends this way. Not all hobbies cost tons of money. If you can figure this out now, then you can get ideas of some inexpensive places to bring your future dates.

You do sound depressed. Maybe you should see someone coz it's definitely not healthy to base your happiness on someone else.
Cycling club? Most people in cycling clubs are spending a boatload of money on equipment and clothing.

Old 02-18-2016, 11:31 AM

114 posts, read 148,762 times
yeah my perspective is my problem. I don't have it that bad compared to some of my other friends. One of my friends worked hard labor and he said he was depressed. He worked from 9-6 monday through friday very blue collar job. Then he decided to go to military route and now he is enjoying life again. Another works 2 jobs and works like 6 days a week barely has anytime to relax.

I feel like if I get into grad school then things will start looking up again, like having goals and being on my own living my life again. I probably should write down a list of goals. I never thought I was depressed since I never had that feeling before, but maybe I am. I hope this will pass.

How did you guys get out of depression?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships