Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 01:15 AM

114 posts, read 148,329 times

Advertisements

Man I feel like dead inside, I seem to be in this eternal funk and its been slowly killing my soul. Basically I work a crappy job and live at home with my parents. I barely have any friends lots of my friends have either moved away or got their careers going. I have like only two friends whom I can actually hang out with one is leaving to go to the military, which leaves only one friend left. This girl that I was talking to for awhile I was pretty into her and then she ended up getting a boyfriend and then blocked me and stopped talking to me which made me a bit sad. I am 24 years old. I don't know how I ended up like this. I used to be a popular friendly guy had a girlfriend and enjoying life when I was in college, my outlook on life was very optimistic before now its like bleak and I view things in a negative way which is weird. One of my friends saw the change in my attitude saying how I used to be very happy and outgoing now I am like miserable, I joke to him saying its the real world now.

I hardly have any passion, most of my time consists of working and going home. I just feel sad overall. I feel tired of life, like I just want to lay in my bed and sleep for a long time and wake up where hopefully my life changes. I lack goals and drive right now. If I continue on this path I will be old, lonely, and bitter then I will pass away and no one ever knew I existed on this planet. I remember seeing a spongebob episode of a corporate drone who works in a cubicle and looks like he is dead inside, I feel like that is me right now lol. I don't know what happened, how did I end up like this...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 01:29 AM

914 posts, read 738,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingbald42 View Post
Man I feel like dead inside, I seem to be in this eternal funk and its been slowly killing my soul. Basically I work a crappy job and live at home with my parents. I barely have any friends lots of my friends have either moved away or got their careers going. I have like only two friends whom I can actually hang out with one is leaving to go to the military, which leaves only one friend left. This girl that I was talking to for awhile I was pretty into her and then she ended up getting a boyfriend and then blocked me and stopped talking to me which made me a bit sad. I am 24 years old. I don't know how I ended up like this. I used to be a popular friendly guy had a girlfriend and enjoying life when I was in college, my outlook on life was very optimistic before now its like bleak and I view things in a negative way which is weird. One of my friends saw the change in my attitude saying how I used to be very happy and outgoing now I am like miserable, I joke to him saying its the real world now.

I hardly have any passion, most of my time consists of working and going home. I just feel sad overall. I feel tired of life, like I just want to lay in my bed and sleep for a long time and wake up where hopefully my life changes. I lack goals and drive right now. If I continue on this path I will be old, lonely, and bitter then I will pass away and no one ever knew I existed on this planet. I remember seeing a spongebob episode of a corporate drone who works in a cubicle and looks like he is dead inside, I feel like that is me right now lol. I don't know what happened, how did I end up like this...
You sound very depressed. I'm not a doctor but maybe you should go and see one?

What are you doing to improve yourself/your life? You say that you are working in a crappy job - are you working towards e.g. any qualifications to improve your skills so that you can hopefully find a better job? Do you have any hobbies where you can meet new people and make friends? You say that you just want to lay on your bed and sleep... I think many people know that feeling. One piece of advise perhaps - when you don't feel like doing things, do them anyway. Leave the house, do something fun, even if you really don't want to. Doing nothing, shutting yourself away will not help, it will just feed into your circle of hopelessness and loneliness.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:32 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,535,624 times
Quote:

What activities do you do? In other words to get out and about to meet new people?.

That's the best possible way mate to boost you're confidence and I can promise you should a nice young lady appear you will explode into action and break free from your rut .

Old 02-18-2016, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
What activities do you do? In other words to get out and about to meet new people?.

That's the best possible way mate to boost you're confidence and I can promise you should a nice young lady appear you will explode into action and break free from your rut .
yeah haha, honestly the only activity that I do is I work out everyday lol. I think not having any hobbies is also part of my problem. I wanna do jiu jitsu but I am broke and can't afford it :/. It is pretty crazy how a nice girl comes along then I spring to life lol, I think alot of guys feel that way.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:37 AM

914 posts, read 738,486 times
Quote:
yeah haha, honestly the only activity that I do is I work out everyday lol. I think not having any hobbies is also part of my problem. I wanna do jiu jitsu but I am broke and can't afford it :/. It is pretty crazy how a nice girl comes along then I spring to life lol, I think alot of guys feel that way.
I'm not sure whether it is healthy for you to make your happiness dependent on a girl...

Old 02-18-2016, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Jui jitsu is great for fighting the girls off mate literally.........Certainly something to aim for LOL

Is the finance ( broke ) a permanent thing or is it just a bad patch?, the reason I ask is I think for the social activities that I was going to suggest like gym, bars etc have a cost to it and therefore not viable.

I'm sure there are some social environments that don't cost so hopefully the other members can help out?

Old 02-18-2016, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
I'm not sure whether it is healthy for you to make your happiness dependent on a girl...
Its strange what a woman can do for a mans confidence........ For better or worse LOL.

I'm very confident myself however I've get down now and again and going out on a Saturday night, all dressed up with the boys and meet a lady and all of a sudden.......I'm brand new!!!

Although I agree it's not healthy just to focus on one thing but it would certainly help him to come out of his shell so to speak and help in other areas.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
Yeah I agree. Gotta work on myself first.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Jui jitsu is great for fighting the girls off mate literally.........Certainly something to aim for LOL

Is the finance ( broke ) a permanent thing or is it just a bad patch?, the reason I ask is I think for the social activities that I was going to suggest like gym, bars etc have a cost to it and therefore not viable.

I'm sure there are some social environments that don't cost so hopefully the other members can help out?
yeah, my priority right now is to get into grad school then I will move out of my parents house and start living my life again. I would do jiu jitsu if it was cheap, but so expensive.

Old 02-18-2016, 02:00 AM

Quote:
yeah, my priority right now is to get into grad school then I will move out of my parents house and start living my life again. I would do jiu jitsu if it was cheap, but so expensive.
So's Krav Maga mate

If that's your plan stick to it mate, don't forget 24 is still young and you have bags of time left
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships