Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 07:15 AM

14 posts, read 13,396 times

Advertisements

So I'm lying here like a deflated balloon, should be studying but don't have the energy required. Have ate my body weight in oreos, feel like utter crap and why??

Because of a dirty lying cheating scumbag!

You give your all to someone just to be treated like a mug.

First boyfriend, first lover, first heartbreak - is this what lifes really about?

Why does this feel so bad!? Why did he feel the need to climb into someone else's bed!? Are all guys like this? How do I ever trust again, will this feeling ever go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 07:23 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
It is one part of life that happens when people break up,
he felt the need to climb into someone else's bed because he wanted to or some other reason known to him,
all break ups are bad most of the time,
yes all men and women are affected no matter which side of the break up you are on,
if you do not trust someone else in the future because of the actions of one boyfriend who broke up with you that is your issue alone
you should never compare one human to another and treating someone in the future differently because of the past is wrong and not fair to the new person
the feeling will go away but it takes time
if you are going to continue to drown your sorrow in cookies make sure to purchase the cookies while they are on sale.

Old 02-21-2016, 07:51 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
My advice is to stay away from Girl Scout cookies, they are so expensive.

Also, get a new boyfriend. What's the old saying...... Best way to get over an old BF is to get under a new one.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:02 AM

14 posts, read 13,396 times
Asda 2 packs of oreos £1 lol

Old bf denying everything (no surprise)

Need to face him in class tomorrow and have no way out of it FML

Old 02-21-2016, 08:23 AM

65 posts, read 55,678 times
Yes, the feeling will go away. I know it doesn't feel like it now, but it really is true that one day you will look back and be like WTF WAS I THINKING??

Old 02-21-2016, 08:40 AM

65 posts, read 55,678 times
PS: And when you see or think about him with someone else, you'll laugh and think "Better her than me!!" (Source: MANY DECADES of experience with lying, cheating scumbags.)

Old 02-21-2016, 08:40 AM

914 posts, read 737,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainsley1998 View Post
So I'm lying here like a deflated balloon, should be studying but don't have the energy required. Have ate my body weight in oreos, feel like utter crap and why??

First boyfriend, first lover, first heartbreak - is this what lifes really about?

Why does this feel so bad!? Why did he feel the need to climb into someone else's bed!? Are all guys like this? How do I ever trust again, will this feeling ever go away.
It might be your first heartbreak but it will most likely not be the last It sucks, hurts badly. But time heals all wounds, promise.

PS: I've got oreo cravings now!!

Old 02-21-2016, 09:32 AM

524 posts, read 521,769 times
Quote:

The love addiction withdrawals you're experiencing are similar to what drug addicts experience. That's because the same part of the brain (the pleasure/reward center) controls both addictions.

In order to cope with breakups you have to stop thinking of it as heartbreak. Your heart is not broken; it's your brain that's broken.

Your brain is craving a certain neurochemical that made you feel good when your bf was around. Your bf provided the stimulus for this chemical to be released (I'm oversimplifying the process).

After awhile, your brain begins to produce less of this chemical and the feelings begin to fade. Just like that, he's gone and your brain is left craving more of the chemical.

In extreme cases of love addiction withdrawal, some doctors prescribe antidepressants (or other drugs) to increase this chemical in your brain to help you get over your breakups/addictions.

You don't realize it, but you're increasing the chemical in your brain by eating Oreos. The sugar content is increasing the chemical which stimulates the reward center of your brain and makes you feel better. You're replacing one stimulus (your bf) with another (the Oreo cookies).

We all want love, but the type of love we're searching for is mostly rooted in fantasy, not reality. This explains why most relationships fail.

Last edited by IntentionsRGood; 02-21-2016 at 09:44 AM..

Old 02-21-2016, 10:07 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,531,949 times
Quote:

So sorry. Sometimes you are granted a favor, even when it doesn't seem so at the time. Finding out someone is a lying cheating scumbag before you give them one more minute of your time is a GIFT.

You do have to have a crappy relationship to recognize & appreciate a great one later on. No one deserves a cheater. It will be less painful as time goes by. Until then ice cream goes with Oreos but only for this next week. After that it's time to get on with living your life well. Good luck.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:11 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Well, one way to stop feeling so awful is to stop eating all those oreos.

You are also pretty, so you won't have a rough time finding another guy. Hell I bet you had 3 guys try hitting on you while you were sitting there eating oreos.

You should get outside and be with your friends. Go out, watch Deadpool or something. Forget the guy that banged another girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships