Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 02:09 PM

1,038 posts, read 902,872 times

Advertisements

The last time I went out with my ex, he took me for lunch. He broke up with me soon after - by which I mean, he stopped replying to my texts and began sleeping with someone else which I found out the Hard Way. A dog, in other words.

I see him about a lot and we were always friendly and still are. Ive forgiven him, no grudges. I asked him what he did for Valentines day and he said he took his newbie out to lunch. I asked where.

Imagine my when he told me he took her to The same place we were last at, except he took her to the Cheap Part.

This place is on my corner and they all live kms away so he made a special point of driving her all the way down to my part of town despite not having a legal license (maybe she drove).

I just find this Strange Male Behaviour all around. Why would he DO that? He could've taken her a million other (better, nearer) places but he took her to my street and further, the same establishment! There is even a better place directly across the road from Restaurant 1 with better food (and no memories)!

I think he might be amusing himself, somehow...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 02:12 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
force of habit

Old 02-25-2016, 02:12 PM

59 posts, read 50,942 times
Sounds lazy and set in his comfort zone. Or maybe he was hoping to "accidentally" run into you there.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:14 PM

No, hed never been down this way before, and never to that establishment.

He took her OUT of their comfort zone, down the coast, into mine. And apparently the meal was awful.

This is a guy whose Comfort Zone includes most of the pubs in town. But he'd never been to this one before because Theres Nothing There but food and he doesn't eat much.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:17 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jean McGee View Post
The last time I went out with my ex, he took me for lunch.

He broke up with me soon after - by which I mean, he stopped replying to my texts and began sleeping with someone else.

I see him about a lot.

I asked him what he did for Valentines day and he said he took his newbie out to lunch.

I asked where.

Yes you got it. The same place, except he took her to the Cheap Part.

This place is on my corner and they all live kms away so he made a special point of driving her all the way down to my part of town.

I had no idea and just find this Strange Male Behaviour all around. Why would he DO that? He could've taken her a million other (better) places but he took her to my street and further, the same establishment! There is even a better place directly across the road with better food (and no memories)!

I think he might be amusing himself, somehow...?

If he doesn't like the food there........I know it's quite bad him not replying back to your texts but did you end things amicably? If not he might well be trying to wind you up

Old 02-25-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoLair View Post
Sounds lazy and set in his comfort zone. Or maybe he was hoping to "accidentally" run into you there.
well he keeps sending me stupid pics and things. We are Still In Touch but I believe he's in love with her. I think hes playing HER not me, iykwim.

I know they argue about me, just because of the way they both behave around me. All over me if they've split, both ignore me if they're lovey dovey. I asked him why he ignores me when hes with her and he said Its Too Stressful and I was all, not for me. ???

Old 02-25-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
If he doesn't like the food there........I know it's quite bad him not replying back to your texts but did you end things amicably? If not he might well be trying to wind you up
no I don't think hes trying to wind me up

or her, because theres no way she ever knew wed eaten there, further in the Expensive Part

I think hes having a quiet play with her head, amusing himself because he took her to the Cheap Part out of *whatever* ongoing dramas they have between them which are repeated, loud, public and symptomatic of some serious brain damage imo.

I think he took her there for Sadistic Personal Amusement. Even if he didn't consciously think Im Going To Play Today. I think his subconscious was playing with her because of (insert drama here). I think he did it to amuse himself. I have a secret, etc. Power, maybe? A subtle putdown?

I just find it so odd and he found it odd that I found it odd!

Old 02-25-2016, 02:24 PM

914 posts, read 737,927 times
Sod him. He just stopped replying to your texts and started dating somebody else? That's just rude (assuming you were in a monogamous relationship). Why are you still friendly with him if he treated you badly?

Old 02-25-2016, 02:25 PM

59 posts, read 50,942 times
Oh wow, shut that door and walk away!

Old 02-25-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
We are still friends. Pretty much. I treat him like a brother now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships