Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 09:16 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
See this is the attitude I'm talking about. People treat me like I'm a loser because I have not had a relationship in my life. I've tried my a&@ off to have one but it has just not worked out. I refuse to believe that I'm ready for the damn looney bin because of my lack of luck in dating.

Hey, yo, wake up. It isn't "bad luck". You've been told this 100s of times and told why it isn't bad luck. It is your choices and actions. Plain and simple.

Unless you want to change (and I don't think you do), you will continue to have "bad luck". You don't "try" at all.

People here, me included, have tried to actually help you time and time again. If you actually wanted to have some success you might try listening and trying the suggestions, for freaking once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 09:57 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Hey, yo, wake up. It isn't "bad luck". You've been told this 100s of times and told why it isn't bad luck. It is your choices and actions. Plain and simple.

Unless you want to change (and I don't think you do), you will continue to have "bad luck". You don't "try" at all.

People here, me included, have tried to actually help you time and time again. If you actually wanted to have some success you might try listening and trying the suggestions, for freaking once.
You haven't tried to help me all. All you've done is judge me and talk trash like you are better than me just because you've been more fortunate in dating than I have.

I'm sorry but there is an element of luck in dating just like everything else and I don't have it.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:59 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,094,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
Why should it ever be a problem? Men can still make kids well into their 80s... you have your whole life bro.

Just because men can "make" kids into the 80s does not make it a good idea to do so. The risk of birth defects is increasing and how would raise this unfortunate kid.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
You haven't tried to help me all. All you've done is judge me and talk trash like you are better than me just because you've been more fortunate in dating than I have.

I'm sorry but there is an element of luck in dating just like everything else and I don't have it.

I have and lots of people have. Go ahead, continue not to listen though and blame it on luck.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:03 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,214,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Try again. Nothing in her statement says anything about never having had a date or any type of relationship pre 30s.

She's speaking to, correctly by the way, that its not too late, and indeed common, for people to find relationships and start families in their 30s, or even 40s.

It is easy to find relationships in one's 30s. That is true. Of course, if they've never dated at all pre 30, then there is probably something going on. There are some people with legit reasons, as in they were consumed with school and getting their MD/Ph.D. and they didn't want any distractions (though that's a bit specious too), but for the most part? Nah. Something is up. It's HARD to avoid dating/sex/relationships that long.
It's easy actually.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:20 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Statically speaking, nobody's going to be perpetually "unlucky" for years and years. In the VAST majority of cases, when people are perpetually single, it's either by choice, or if they actually want relationships, what they refer to as "bad luck" is better described as having particular criteria that's not easily or realistically filled, or due to their particular behavior, attitude, and actions.

Sometimes, timing is an issue, granted, and that's bad luck in a sense... you meet somebody perfect for you, but you got there too late, or you meet them when you're on the verge of moving or something. But even so, the "bad luck" of bad timing shouldn't be a chronic thing.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:12 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,043,246 times
i'm unclear as to whether the OP means no GF currently, or not had a GF ever. If you've never had a date in your 20s, you're not going to suddenly excel at dating 20 year olds when you're 30 or 40.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:16 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,043,246 times
Quote:
See this is the attitude I'm talking about. People treat me like I'm a loser because I have not had a relationship in my life. I've tried my a&@ off to have one but it has just not worked out. I refuse to believe that I'm ready for the damn looney bin because of my lack of luck in dating.
It's not bad luck. You said yourself that you can determine attraction just by looking at a woman, not even interacting with her. That is NOT how dating works. Compatibility comes from interaction, not admiring appearances from afar.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
It's not bad luck. You said yourself that you can determine attraction just by looking at a woman, not even interacting with her. That is NOT how dating works. Compatibility comes from interaction, not admiring appearances from afar.

That's how lots of attraction comes about too. You talk to them, there is chemistry, and a person that might never have really caught your eye becomes cute, because they're fun to talk to, and funny, and you have chemistry.

But no, its about luck. Note to people: It isn't unlucky to keep trying the same failed ways, and having the same failed mindset, and to continuing to fail. That isn't being unlucky.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:22 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
No. I said I can determine how attracted I AM to someone by looking at them. I don't know or care how others do it, I know what is best for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships