Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 04:47 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,218,337 times

Advertisements

Like for you do people have to have PERFECT teeth? Can they be a little crooked? Some decay? Missing? No teeth at all? Dentures? Good dentures? Bad dentures?

Pretty much what's your limit?

I have this on my mind since I went to the dentist today and got some bad news regarding how long it's going to take to get some more work done! Due to what needs to be done the soonest date is May 23! I'm very self-conscious about my teeth and it shows, so it was a bummer for me.

They're actually not THAT bad. Like if you were to refer to me as, "The guy with the ****ed up teeth" I'd think most people would have no idea what you're talking about. I have all my teeth and they're pretty straight (I had braces, kind of slacked off on the head gear part). On the negative side, I also used to like soda a lot (I don't drink it anymore) hence the work that needs to get done!

As for my limit due to not being a complete hypocrite I'm VERY flexible. Actually, I think if a woman's teeth are a little crooked it sets me at ease. I don't do it on purpose, it's just a natural instinct I notice I have haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 04:50 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Your teeth just like any other physical attribute you have does not tell anyone the type of human you are however, many others will have that on their check list of requirements and possibly pass over a good person who is less than perfect physically.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:11 PM

214 posts, read 176,499 times
Many people without more than basic knowledge of biological systems fail to realize that the human oral cavity is very poorly designed. More lysozyme should be present in our saliva, for example. There's a ton of it in human tears; cry into a jar to make homemade mouthwash. Mmmmmm... taste the salty vengeance on those mooching bacterial colonies.

I once noticed a girl I was flirting with had a slight amount of decay or dentin exposure on one of her canines. She was really pretty otherwise, so it did not bother me. In humans, tooth decay/failure is not a matter of if; it's when.

In all seriousness though, I would not worry about it. Try to get the work done sooner, if you push, you will find that most people will accommodate you.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:26 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Good teeth are more important than a full head of hair.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:33 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanfan1986 View Post
Like for you do people have to have PERFECT teeth? Can they be a little crooked? Some decay? Missing? No teeth at all? Dentures? Good dentures? Bad dentures?

Pretty much what's your limit?

I have this on my mind since I went to the dentist today and got some bad news regarding how long it's going to take to get some more work done! Due to what needs to be done the soonest date is May 23! I'm very self-conscious about my teeth and it shows, so it was a bummer for me.

They're actually not THAT bad. Like if you were to refer to me as, "The guy with the ****ed up teeth" I'd think most people would have no idea what you're talking about. I have all my teeth and they're pretty straight (I had braces, kind of slacked off on the head gear part). On the negative side, I also used to like soda a lot (I don't drink it anymore) hence the work that needs to get done!

As for my limit due to not being a complete hypocrite I'm VERY flexible. Actually, I think if a woman's teeth are a little crooked it sets me at ease. I don't do it on purpose, it's just a natural instinct I notice I have haha.
They can't gross me out, so they should be clean and mostly white. I don't care if they're a little crooked, but I don't like missing teeth and big gaps (e.g. Michael Strahan). Decay is not ok. Gold teeth/jewelry/decorations are not ok. Also, I don't like really small teeth, really big teeth, or situations where the top lip exposes too much gum.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Good teeth are more important than a full head of hair.
Teeth will eventually fail no matter what. Hair loss is genetic.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:50 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeNSoCal View Post
Teeth will eventually fail no matter what. Hair loss is genetic.
That is not true.

Healthy Teeth Can Last a Lifetime! Developing Healthy Habits | Developing Healthy Habits, LLC

Old 02-29-2016, 06:01 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
I'm a sucker for a nice smile and teeth. That isn't to say I'd side-eye someone that has or had cavities or dental work done, because it's pretty uncommon to not have had any work done by adulthood. I do tend to prefer what is traditionally seen as a nice smile.

Spaces or gaps don't bother me so much, but overcrowding and other serious issues, eh. My husband has a small space between his upper front teeth, but they're naturally straight. His smile (and eyes) is what grabbed my attention.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:25 PM

There is no repair mechanism for enamel; it is inorganic material. Anyone telling you otherwise has no idea what they are talking about, is in denial, or is trying to sell you something. Secondary dentin can be formed, but it will not always replace the entire lost dentin structure. Enamel, once lost, is gone.

If you take a stone and use a brush on it for ten minutes daily on the same spot, what do you think will happen? Everyday when you eat, brush, drink, touch teeth against each other, etc... your teeth are being eroded away little-by-little.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:39 PM

454 posts, read 311,045 times
Not a big fan of gold teeth so if a woman's grill was chock full of gold, I'd probably run the other way. Crystal meth teeth would be a no fly zone for me also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships