Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 10:17 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times

Advertisements

I wear a small bridge on the bottom (4 teeth) and the few people who know say that they look natural; the original teeth they replaced were crooked as hell and 2 were rotted. I'm told I have a great smile. Yes, I'll admit that I have a bridge, but the other teeth are all mine, and in good shape. Hell, my dad had full dentures by the time he was 50 - never stopped the women from chasing him! Clark Gable had all dentures, and he was a major movie star!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 06:19 AM

1,204 posts, read 1,217,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
When? Immediately.

I remember your previous thread about your teeth. For most people, bad teeth are a major factor. They have an immediate and noticeable affect on how your are perceived.

Just keep counting the days till May.
I've gotten some work done since then. However, it's a process! Just wish my dentist didn't take so long to do this! I'd get all the work done tomorrow if I could haha.

I've considered getting a different dentist, but it's tough to get a good one who does sedation work.

Old 03-01-2016, 06:41 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
It's a big deal to get a lot of work done, and you don't want to let just anybody do it.

Good luck. I hope it works out great for you!

Old 03-01-2016, 07:11 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
As long as they have good oral hygiene and no missing teeth, then I don't care.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:26 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Obvious decay and a foul smelling mouth is off putting.

I know a gal who for most of her life had crooked front teeth. Even so, she was good looking. They just slightly turned inward.

Here's the sad thing. She ended up getting braces in her late forties. The invisible braces "fixed" her teeth, but in the process subtracted looks!!! That's right! You see, before, you couldn't really tell or notice how (too) tiny all of her teeth are. Now, the unattractive size is obvious.

After she had them fixed, they changed her look for the worse not better. All those $ for nothing. All of her teeth look too small for her mouth! I don't think she realizes it. She thinks straight = perfect. It's quite sad.

How ironic that she lost some of her good looks trying to fix something that actually didn't need to be fixed in the first place and actually enhanced her look.

Lesson? Think twice before fixing gaps,crooked teeth, etc.

Decay? FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decay/rotting teeth (ALWAYS) look and smell BAD!

Old 03-01-2016, 07:47 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
^^It's funny, a while back I had a dentist who was trying to talk me into getting Invisalign, because my lateral incisors are slightly crooked (so there is a bit of an overlap with the central incisors). I ended up not going through with it because he was talking about possibly needing to pull teeth to make room, and to be quite honest I'm not bothered by my teeth enough to go through the process now; they're clean and healthy, and I think imperfections can add character.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:49 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Default When do teeth become a deal breaker?

When they look like Indian corn.

Old 03-01-2016, 02:24 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
When a person's teeth look like Ferengi teeth, I find it distasteful.

Old 03-01-2016, 02:30 PM

251 posts, read 175,446 times
I've spent a small fortune since childhood at the dentist. I'm one of, if not the only customer of his at middle aged that has never had a cavity....never even one. I have a smile of a movie star and my wallet is the reason for it. I go three times a year. It's just the way Mom raised me. She couldn't stand to see men with a nasty mouth full of teeth, if they have any at all.

Not yours....my Boy!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 03-01-2016, 02:38 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanfan1986 View Post
Like for you do people have to have PERFECT teeth? Can they be a little crooked? Some decay? Missing? No teeth at all? Dentures? Good dentures? Bad dentures?

Pretty much what's your limit?

I have this on my mind since I went to the dentist today and got some bad news regarding how long it's going to take to get some more work done! Due to what needs to be done the soonest date is May 23! I'm very self-conscious about my teeth and it shows, so it was a bummer for me.

They're actually not THAT bad. Like if you were to refer to me as, "The guy with the ****ed up teeth" I'd think most people would have no idea what you're talking about. I have all my teeth and they're pretty straight (I had braces, kind of slacked off on the head gear part). On the negative side, I also used to like soda a lot (I don't drink it anymore) hence the work that needs to get done!

As for my limit due to not being a complete hypocrite I'm VERY flexible. Actually, I think if a woman's teeth are a little crooked it sets me at ease. I don't do it on purpose, it's just a natural instinct I notice I have haha.
Just depends on who you ask. Biggest factor for me is how did the teeth get the way that they are now and is there any plans on correcting the issue(s). I've lived in Japan for years and up until just the last ten years or so, Japanese never corrected crooked teeth as much as in the US because most of them think that crooked teeth are somewhat cute/attractive. Also the toothpaste wasn't the best in Japan, until recently.

On the other hand, if a woman's teeth are falling out/decaying because she's not into practicing healthy hygiene, that is a strong indication of a deeper issue(s) and I wouldn't want to be involved in that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships