Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 11:00 AM

2,702 posts, read 6,029,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Of course it's for real. He is either stupid or has great big balls to dare to say anything back to your husband.

He should have dropped off the face of the earth after that.

This guy is not someone you want to interact with at all.
OK so I will block him then bc if not he'll probably send another random message...smh Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 11:01 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
In order to stop his flirting, that should have been the ONLY thing you said. It sounds like you had "discussions" about his marriage?

When talking to an inappropriately flirty person, you nip the flirting by constantly mentioning your spouse or their spouse in conversations, and then ending the conversations quickly.

You don't follow their lead and build rapport with just the two of you.
Yes. That's it. You just plow right through that chat with a suggestion to get help, a reminder that you're married, and a sudden need to go do the laundry or something.

Really, they will go away.

If not? You just unfriend them and keep on trucking.

You don't get your husband involved unless they show up at your house or corner you at work and try to molest you.

Sheeeesh.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:02 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
OK so I will block him then bc if not he'll probably send another random message...smh Christ.
There ya go. Problem solved.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:04 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,944 times
How old are you? Block him, tell him upfront in clear terms that you aren't interested and you wish to be left alone.

Once you give him a clear message to go away, if he doesn't stop I'd consider talking to your boss.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:07 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
like I said his wife doesn't sound innocent either..

And here's where we discover you actually enjoy the attention, and you're just in it for the drama.

I feel sorry for your husband.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
How old are you? Block him, tell him upfront in clear terms that you aren't interested and you wish to be left alone.

Once you give him a clear message to go away, if he doesn't stop I'd consider talking to your boss.
I'm 27, the dude is in his mid 30s.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:29 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
I approved him on FB b/c this was *before* he started becoming creepy. Apparently, it's just to me & not to any other female coworkers either (I have asked). We have alot of mutual friends (cowokers as well) who we share on FB as well, did not think it was a big deal in the beginning...

He messages me every now & then through FB.

My husband is the one who saw the message alert on my phone when it beeped & he sent him the message right away. He asked me who the man was & why was he sending me messages & that he was "going to take care of it" His way of marking his territory?
Oh for goodness sake! You do like the drama. Never mind, do what you will, I guess.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:31 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,531,949 times
What could possibly go wrong?

Old 03-16-2016, 12:00 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
I don't know his wife, I just know that he got married this past summer & apparently, his wife doesn't speak much English (she is Filipina) I wonder if he is into "open" relationships or something, bc the way he talks it's as if his wife knows or is aware....I really don't know...
In your OP, you said he had been married a very long time and that you would been married a shorter time. Now you are saying he just got married last summer. Which is it?

Old 03-16-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
In your OP, you said he had been married a very long time and that you would been married a shorter time. Now you are saying he just got married last summer. Which is it?
typo, he has been married at least 5 yrs more than I have been
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships