Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2016, 11:18 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
So, you only knew of him vaguely through work but you already know he is perfect for you and have been secretly eyeing him?
No, I knew him vaguely from work, always thought he was nice, attractive, etc. I figured I was too old for him.

I have spent time with him twice now and he seems like he fits me perfectly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 11:19 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
So, you only knew of him vaguely through work but you already know he is perfect for you and have been secretly eyeing him?
When the OP says she KNOWS someone or has KNOWN SOMEONE ALL HER LIFE she really means that she recognizes him from somewhere or knows OF him via another friend or family member. Apparently does not mean she'd done anything more than ogle him.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:25 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
No, I knew him vaguely from work, always thought he was nice, attractive, etc. I figured I was too old for him.

I have spent time with him twice now and he seems like he fits me perfectly.
Future drama to ensue. Stay tuned

Old 03-29-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
When the OP says she KNOWS someone or has KNOWN SOMEONE ALL HER LIFE she really means that she recognizes him from somewhere or knows OF him via another friend or family member. Apparently does not mean she'd done anything more than ogle him.
No that is not true. Last two men I dated I grew up with. One I have been close friends with since we were 8. His family treats me like one of the family. Even still today. The most recent I have been friends with since high school.

This guy I vaguely know him and said that was the case. I knew his name, company be works for and have talked more with his younger brother.

Why are you so disagreeable? It is like you try to pick fights and drama within my posts.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Future drama to ensue. Stay tuned
Why? What am I missing? What is the red flag?

Old 03-29-2016, 11:47 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
I'd review the last year of your posts and the responses.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:50 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
That's like spoiling the ending to a movie.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:02 PM

How does reviewing the posts of what went wrong in my previous relationships, going to disclose any red flags with this guy?

He has no criminal record, his own house, no kids, etc. in other words I have tried to rule out all potential obstacles that previous relationships experienced.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:11 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
How does reviewing the posts of what went wrong in my previous relationships, going to disclose any red flags with this guy?

He has no criminal record, his own house, no kids, etc. in other words I have tried to rule out all potential obstacles that previous relationships experienced.
Except the biggest one.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:35 PM

971 posts, read 689,366 times
Quote:
I don't know everyone. I knew of this guy because he came into my work once in awhile as a subcontractor. My brother went to school with him.

He has no criminal history, no kids, never been married, no contact with exes, non-smoker, rarely drinks, his parents were not divorced, his dad died several years ago. He has lived in same place 9 years. Worked at his job 10 years. The gym is his stress relief and only vice. He eats healthy, likes to be active... I see no red flags. When on vacation and a gym is available, I spend 3 hours a day in the gym. If I had one at home.. That would be my happy place also.
Other than another friend of a friend, the problem here is "he is a contractor at work" which poses a problem when he becomes the next failure. You will still have to deal with him at work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships