Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 04:12 PM

914 posts, read 741,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesKent View Post
I never do anything to get noticed, though.
In my 20s, I mostly only "noticed" guys in a romantic way when they showed interest in me. And by "interest" I don't mean any specific moves or pickup lines or romantic gestures. I mean - just trying to have a friendly conversation with me, treating me as a person, paying me attention. No "nice guy" routine though.

OP, when you say you never do anything to get noticed, how do you interact with women in general?

Old 03-24-2016, 04:44 PM

14 posts, read 8,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post

OP, when you say you never do anything to get noticed, how do you interact with women in general?
I mean, I have constant contact with women through female friends and female coworkers but when it comes to women I'm meeting for the first time, I never take the initiative to speak to them unless they do it first.

If they do, I'm nice and friendly but it's only very superficially. Not that I've had any bad experiences with women...none has ever been rude to me but you can tell they will only speak the bare minimum with me.

Old 03-24-2016, 04:49 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,812,678 times
And why do you think that is? Have you nothing interesting to say?

What do your female friends think the problem is with you? I assume you have asked them...

Old 03-24-2016, 04:49 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,152,058 times
Quote:
I mean, I have constant contact with women through female friends and female coworkers but when it comes to women I'm meeting for the first time, I never take the initiative to speak to them unless they do it first.
I can tell in a fairly short period of time if someone is interesting to me. Though I've been wrong. But it takes a little more than just saying hello. That's how I start, tho. Hi, and maybe a comment about something I like or noticed that caught my interest.

I also tend to be honest. Why not? It's who I am.

You do need to show some interest. Otherwise, you're just one of dozens of guys that most women see every day. Even a smile is better than nothing at all, and probably better than some slick pick up line in most cases anyway.

Disclaimer: I may or may not know what I'm talking about, but this is an online forum, so I could be a dog.

Old 03-24-2016, 04:51 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,237,216 times
You ever notice how every guy who has posted a "never had a gf" thread are exactly 24 years old? I mean what a strange coincidence.

Old 03-24-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
The way you describe yourself makes you seem bland, withdrawn, and uninteresting. I am pretty sure that's the problem.
My main interests are pretty lonely, that's a fact. I love reading, jogging, cinema and I'm currently writing a book.

Old 03-24-2016, 05:00 PM

8,924 posts, read 7,754,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Post a pic, guy, and the women here let you know what's the dealO.
Oh would you stop already?

Old 03-24-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
And why do you think that is? Have you nothing interesting to say?
No woman has ever shown a lot of interest in what I have to say or stories that I tell.

Quote:
What do your female friends think the problem is with you? I assume you have asked them...
No, no...I don't talk about this stuff with them...especially when they all have a boyfriend, it wouldn't make any sense.

914 posts, read 741,172 times
Quote:

If they do, I'm nice and friendly but it's only very superficially. Not that I've had any bad experiences with women...none has ever been rude to me but you can tell they will only speak the bare minimum with me.
Some of the other posters have given you good pointers but at the end of the day it's pretty tough for anyone to give you good advise, tailored to your individual situation. You seem very passive, which is probably one factor. But it's usually never just "one" thing. Have you asked your female friends for their opinion?

8,011 posts, read 8,237,216 times
Quote:
My main interests are pretty lonely, that's a fact. I love reading, jogging, cinema and I'm currently writing a book.
Well that is one way to get a convo started with someone of the opposite sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships