Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 08:31 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,728,899 times

Advertisements

I would love some feedback on this one. There are a few men that I run in to periodically that I do not actually know while out and about in my city. I am usually listening to music with my headphones on, but I noticed a few times these same men are looking at me with a semi-smile/ smirk and once or twice a semi-giggle. These men are not together in a groups just to make that detail clear. I am randomly running in to them while they are on their own. I started to wonder what the heck is this guy checking me out or laughing at me ? So in my head I do a quick damage control check it (ex is my hair, makeup or wardrobe messed up? ... Toilet paper hanging off of me? Is there a bat in the cave situation going on? ...Food stuck in my teeth? ... A kick me sign on my back??? After the check if there is nothing obvious wrong ... what the heck?

So here is my question... how does someone know if they are being checked out versus laughed/ gawked at (oh my god what the heck is wrong with her ... she looks like such an idiot ).

I am guessing someone who is full of themselves always assumes they are being checked out and someone with a lower self esteem assumes they are being laughed. I am the middle to these extremes and wondering if anyone has any input as to how to tell the difference? I have no interest in talking to any of these people or I would have already done so (so the direct questioning is out of the question ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 08:35 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
There is no way to know.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:46 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
If youre asking if someone can read minds, the answer is obvious.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:46 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,969,781 times
He was probably just checking you out. His smirk was like.... " yeah I am lookin".

Old 03-30-2016, 08:53 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
He's looking to see which boob is smaller lefty or righty?

Old 03-30-2016, 09:13 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,176,780 times
Good question, OP. I agree there's no real way to know.

As a guy, this happens to me all the time. Women in public are always staring at me - and, I'm not vain or naive enough to think that all women who do this want to sleep with me - even though I would like it if that were the case (which I know it's not - LOL).

I suspect part of it has to do with the fact that I'm a white guy with a shaved head - and, though this look has gotten a lot more mainstream in the last 5-7 years, for some reason some people still find it unusual.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:16 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,531,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
He was probably just checking you out. His smirk was like.... " yeah I am lookin".
This exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
He's looking to see which boob is smaller lefty or righty?
Or if they were real men this exactly!

Seriously Kim I'm pretty sure you were getting checked out, if you've given yourself a once over and nothing was out of place ( or sight ) then I doubt they would laugh at you for no reason ( I wouldn't )

To answer your question....... If I'm on a bus, in a pub or even taking a stroll if I see a lady looking or dare I say starring at me ( cue insults LMAO! ) what I usually do is pull a slight face but in a funny way a sort of " I'm being followed " type face if you can picture it LOL.

Then if they look away or smirk I just assume like you I have something in my hair or something, however if they start smiling and possibly giggling I assume they are infact checking me out OR they were just " lost in space " ( in deep thought about something and just happen to stare at random things..... We've all done it ).

Old 03-30-2016, 11:00 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,240,340 times
Laughing is fine.
Pointing and laughing is not.

Old 03-31-2016, 05:50 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,490,893 times
If I am those guys, my next move is like: "me and my buddy were just talking, could you settle a bet? Are those things real, I say they are, he says no..."

Old 03-31-2016, 06:27 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,740,800 times
Just because the nature of the question and presupposition...

Gawking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships