Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 06:36 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,323,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
This might sound crazy, but some people go to the gym to exercise and work out. These weirdos might not want to be asked out, or hit on, or talk about their day, while they are there.

An appropriate gym question would be more natural and effective.

When he finishes a set on a machine, say "Hey excuse me, can I ask you a question?"... "What muscle groups does this machine work out?".... "Oh okay, yea I'm trying to tone my ___ more and I can't seem to find a good machine or good exercises that will work."

99% of people would answer a question relating to the gym. That percentage is significantly less if they are being "asked out".
I agree. It might be rude but whenever I go to the gym the last thing I want to do is approach a woman. I doubt women want to approached there either. The main goal is to work out only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 04:02 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,256,030 times
This guy wouldn't go by the name of Swan Dive, would he?

Old 04-27-2016, 09:09 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,215,390 times
It is possible he would approach if you were in a location with not many people around.

It is possible he thinks you are nice to look at but does not care to approach for a variety of reasons, I am guilty of this. Just take it as a compliment.

Old 04-27-2016, 02:48 PM

1,544 posts, read 927,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipurnails View Post
What kind of hints or signs do I need to give to a guy at a gym to show him that I'm interested and that I want him to come and talk to me? We've been staring at each other for a few months now and nothing.

I even changed my gym schedule so that I would run into him. I used to go there at random times, but realized he goes there on a consistent schedule, so I started going there about the same time as he does. I doubt he even realizes this.

I did go use a machine near him kind of thing a few times now, but I don't think he gets that either.

The only thing I haven't done is give him good eye contact and say hello. It's just that when he's near or looks
at me, I get so nervous that I look the other way. I tried smiling at him once, but then I was looking straight
ahead when I did that, so it looked like I could've been smiling at anything.

The gym we go to is very busy and it would be awkward if one of us started hitting on each other.

Help. I want him to approach me, but I'm not sure if he ever will. He's given me some clues that he may
be interested, but I'm not so sure. He could be looking at many girls like that.
Just four things: eye contact, a smile, a wave, and a compliment. The rest is up to you.

Old 04-27-2016, 03:18 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,458,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
This guy wouldn't go by the name of Swan Dive, would he?
The OP is a woman. However, wouldn't it be funny if this was the girl Swan Dive is (not) pursuing?

Old 04-27-2016, 04:45 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,916,312 times
Quote:
What kind of hints or signs do I need to give to a guy at a gym to show him that I'm interested and that I want him to come and talk to me? We've been staring at each other for a few months now and nothing.

I even changed my gym schedule so that I would run into him. I used to go there at random times, but realized he goes there on a consistent schedule, so I started going there about the same time as he does. I doubt he even realizes this.

I did go use a machine near him kind of thing a few times now, but I don't think he gets that either.

The only thing I haven't done is give him good eye contact and say hello. It's just that when he's near or looks
at me, I get so nervous that I look the other way. I tried smiling at him once, but then I was looking straight

The gym we go to is very busy and it would be awkward if one of us started hitting on each other.

Help. I want him to approach me, but I'm not sure if he ever will. He's given me some clues that he may
be interested, but I'm not so sure. He could be looking at many girls like that.
if this were the 70s, i would say that all you really need to do is breath regularly, and make solid eye contact. today however i will tell you just go up and talk to him. some guys, read swan dive, are particularly dense when it comes to approaching women, and they need a swift kick in the backside to get moving.

once again though you need to follow your crew chiefs advice(mine) and stop snoozing at the starting line. you need to launch here and go talk to him next time you see him. you may find he is not interested, or he may be involved with someone else, he might be gay, but what ever the reason, he probably noticed you and hasnt made a move. so you make the first move.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:20 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,256,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
The OP is a woman. However, wouldn't it be funny if this was the girl Swan Dive is (not) pursuing?

That's just what I meant

Old 04-28-2016, 05:49 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,944,570 times
Personally I wouldn't approach in most cases without at least a look and a smile from a woman.

Old 04-28-2016, 06:23 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,810,961 times
In my experience women at the gym don't want bothered because they are sick of the neanderthal meatheads drooling on them. I'd have to get a pretty clear sign before I even bothered.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:49 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,649,918 times
Quote:

Men don't like rejection. We do like the ladies. Well most of us. Some are into dudes. lol Can't understand that one.

So for him to feel comfortable approaching you, he has to feel a high likelihood of not getting rejected. In other words, you have to show him that you like him.

Eye contact, smiling when this happens, saying hi are good ways to indicate an interest. Initiate conversation about exercises or weight lifting. Maybe ask for advice.

Really it's VERY easy for a women to show interest.

Don't be nervous. No need to be. Actually I think it's really cute when a lady is nervous talking to me as it shows she cares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships