Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 07:35 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,032,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
The fact that she is waiting on him to propose and doesn't know what to do about the house speaks volumes.
About the state of her will when it comes to this?

Nah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 08:08 AM

888 posts, read 557,577 times
The thing is, it sounds like she was ready to buy a house over a year ago when they first started dating. I get that things were going well and moving fast, but why on earth didn't the OP just buy a house a year ago? This waiting around for a man thing makes no sense. If I guy wants to be with you, even if you own a house, he will make it happen. And waiting to be married and live together never killed anyone ( like say she bought the house, and years down the road had to sell it and it took a while to sell or something like that)

Old 04-07-2016, 08:13 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,022,963 times
Just buy for your self you don't know him for many years. Financial stuff apart always healthy even married ... well just saying.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:50 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,780,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Why? There is not one good reason to include him in the house hunt which runs a very high risk of giving him the impression/idea that they are house hunting for *them* which includes him and his children.
If the original poster includes him in the hunt she runs a very high risk of being talked into a home that is big enough for six that she cannot afford alone that will mingle their finances that will be lost if/when they break up.
She should focus on herself and her children and walk away from him until he gets all of his legal and financial issues settled with his ex wife.
She said several times that she cannot afford a home for all six of them and is not interested in living with her boyfriend until marriage. I believe her. She's also said that she is not sure how to move forward without 1) making him feel like she is trying to get him to propose, because she's not, and 2) making him feel like she is distancing herself from him physically and emotionally, which at least one other poster said she would feel like too, if her boyfriend did that. "Come see these two houses I am interested in" is in no way the same thing as "Which house should we buy for our two families"?

Old 04-07-2016, 09:09 AM

69 posts, read 56,359 times
we talked.. no mention of getting marriage from either one of us .. he agrees because of his situation i should peruse a house, if that is what i want and that he wishes it could be different.. heh

he said it would be unfair to ask me to wait (im not really sure what that means) it wouldn't be unfair if our future was certain

Old 04-07-2016, 09:23 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,052,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Is your boyfriend divorced with children and his financial status still in limbo with his ex wife and their tangled mess? I'm not saying another man is feeling threatened by her intention to purchase a home.
I am saying so far he can't get his own life straightened and cut off from his ex wife with the exception of issues with their children. The original poster must consider herself and her children alone when purchasing a home and honestly if it were me I would have already walked away and told him to call when he is done with all the mess with his ex wive then we'll talk.
When I was single and had my own place no one but me and the landlord had a key to my home no matter how long we had been dating. If I had bought a home at that time no one would have a key or be moving into that home unless we were married and no financial anything would have been mixed either.
Too many tangles and webs when things don't work out long term as planned.
As a previous poster stated, he might not be able to untangle himself from the ex wife until the kids are adults. I know my sons father takes me back to court several times a year. He will continue to do so for the next 15 years. It is a flaw in his personality and completely out of my control. I can only show up when I am court ordered to show up and argue my side.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:27 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,052,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninabell View Post
we talked.. no mention of getting marriage from either one of us .. he agrees because of his situation i should peruse a house, if that is what i want and that he wishes it could be different.. heh

he said it would be unfair to ask me to wait (im not really sure what that means) it wouldn't be unfair if our future was certain
Well there you go.. Happy house hunting and good luck!

Old 04-07-2016, 06:43 PM

37,728 posts, read 46,191,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
The fact that she is waiting on him to propose and doesn't know what to do about the house speaks volumes.
Words outta my mouth.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:04 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,984,732 times
Exactly what I thought, he has no plans on marrying but wants an easy ride.

Hopefully you'll be smart enough to end the relationship given he pretty much told you he has no plans of marriage and solidifying a future with you.

You wanted to know about marriage with him and you got your answer, he has no plans to propose and is basically telling you to move on and don't wait for him.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:56 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,329,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninabell View Post

It would be unfair to ask you to wait because he doesn't know what his future is going to be like right now. His child support payments may be sky high, he may have to pay alimony, and he may have problems making ends meet.

I think he's being a decent person and putting you and your kids first by telling you to follow your dreams. He's not leaving you, or vice versa. You're just buying a house.
I give him credit for wanting to wait until he see's what the future holds for him. Be happy. Buy that house and then post in the decorating forum and we'll help you decorate it. If and when things change in the future, houses can be sold or added on to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships