Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 10:35 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,349 times

Advertisements

You have a glorified version of him in your head, a fantasy. You're not seeing the stinky-footed, burpin', fartin', pickin', scratchin' version of him. Think about that, and alllll of his bad habits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2016, 11:01 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
You have a glorified version of him in your head, a fantasy. You're not seeing the stinky-footed, burpin', fartin', pickin', scratchin' version of him. Think about that, and alllll of his bad habits.
Yeah that is not true. I see his bad habits ALL the time. He is really hard to love. Think of the song by Lee Brice and it fits him perfectly.

Old 04-15-2016, 01:47 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
What the hey.......leave my home girl alone.....

She has nothing to do with this mess..............

Old 04-15-2016, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Howest2008
Originally Posted by Howest2008
That would just turn him on more than normal.....what the OP need to do is demand that he play the
game as a TAME adult man making him good MARRIAGE material , and if not OP need to cut off all
Sexual Contact with him and we all know that's not going to happen...LOL...

I don't have time to give you my long version so here's the short one..........

If what you said is really the truth , only you know for sure " let me tell you what my best lover ever "
told me when I lived down in LA in 1978.

She told me howest2008 you don't know how to separate Love from Sex and I think that is your
main problem with this man that is such a complex puzzle for you to solve.........

Sex is a really strong bonding agent that we sometimes mistake for true LOVE.......and you
speak of this man as if he is your Soul Mate and don't try and say that you don't. Backing away from
sexual activities for 10 month should help you put this man in the friends zone where you can give
him a different type of friendship LOVE without doing something like totally not loving him at all. So
tell me have you made baby step's toward turning from Lover Love to Friendship Love???

[quote=LowonLuck;43713977]I think we have always had the friendship love, which is why the relationship never worked. That is the part I don't know how to stop. How do I stop loving him even as a friend?[/quote]

howest2008 Make a total complete stop of communication with him " are you sure you want to go that route " ...

How's about just limiting him to a few minutes at the most ( per day ) and giving other men hours
per day of attention?????????????

Last edited by Howest2008; 04-15-2016 at 02:30 PM..

Old 04-15-2016, 02:37 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Clearly, we need a spreadsheet, if not a database, attached to this thread if anyone is going to be expected to even understand "Who's on First", much less give any useful advice.
It helps me to think of LowonLuck's life as a version of the Dukes of Hazzard, where she is Daisy Duke, the lone attractive female in a rural town. All the men in her life are essentially the same good looking but dimwitted Billy Bob Jethro. Most women under similar circumstances would recognize that they in fact had a lot of luck.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Du...cast_photo.jpg

Last edited by Robert5; 04-15-2016 at 02:48 PM..

Old 04-15-2016, 03:02 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,212,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
It helps me to think of LowonLuck's life as a version of the Dukes of Hazzard, where she is Daisy Duke, the lone attractive female in a rural town. All the men in her life are essentially the same good looking but dimwitted Billy Bob Jethro. Most women under similar circumstances would recognize that they in fact had a lot of luck.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Du...cast_photo.jpg
"Beats all you ever saw, been in trouble with the law since the day they was born. Makin' their way, the only way they know how. That's just a little bit more than the law will allow."

Old 04-15-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
"Beats all you ever saw, been in trouble with the law since the day they was born. Makin' their way, the only way they know how. That's just a little bit more than the law will allow."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iMBQ-bXQIE

that's all folks................

Old 04-15-2016, 04:02 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,212,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iMBQ-bXQIE

that's all folks................
Yeehaw!

Old 04-16-2016, 11:20 AM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Yeah that is not true. I see his bad habits ALL the time. He is really hard to love. Think of the song by Lee Brice and it fits him perfectly.
So what is it you love?

All I remember you saying is the two of you have some "bond."

That could make you friends, heck you could even lust after someone who is a hot mess.

But LOVE?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-16-2016, 04:44 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Yeah...not looking up Lee Brice...but other than this mysterious "bond" you speak of...you've got nothin'. Did you say you've had smokin' hot sex with him? We know he didn't treat you nice...did he buy you nice stuff?...drugs? So there's no rational reason. And because there's no rational reason you seem to think it's beyond your control so after a bazillion posts on here you just keep repeating your mantra..."we've got a bond". Got it...you're powerless over it...sounds like it's time for a 12-step program - they're everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships