Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2016, 07:14 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadmike View Post
Do not date single mothers. You will mostly likely regret it.
Not necessarily so! I've dated single moms and had no issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 09:31 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
On the subject of online dating attitudes, what do people think of those who put in their profiles "I haven't paid for a subscription so if you click you want to meet me, I can't see who you are. Message me instead."
you said you quit the website but just to clarify:
OKC made a change on Jan 1 2016 where anyone who clicks "like" on you, you can't see that if you're not a paying member.

I liked "the idea" of the "like" button, because I figure that made OKC more like Tinder, where at least if you knew they clicked "like" back on you, you had a pretty good chance of communication/date? Like shooting fish in barrel?

But naw - I looked at my stats of who responded, and it had little to do with any mutual like. OFTtimes you even msg someone who clicked "like" and they wouldn't respond at all, same behavior as a random profile. Website is crazy/useless/waste of time.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:42 PM

610 posts, read 3,015,960 times
Online dating is 100% about looks. If you don't look like a masculine male model forget it.

I always get a good laugh when women say it's all about confidence...No, it's all about looks.

I did an experiment and set up a fake profile on a dating website for 2 weeks. I put up a pic of a model looking guy. Within hours I had several messages without doing anything....

Old 05-10-2016, 11:43 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heeha View Post
Online dating is 100% about looks. If you don't look like a masculine male model forget it.

I always get a good laugh when women say it's all about confidence...No, it's all about looks.

I did an experiment and set up a fake profile on a dating website for 2 weeks. I put up a pic of a model looking guy. Within hours I had several messages without doing anything....
You don't have to look like a male model, but yes, your pictures will determine whether I bother to even read your profile. It's shallow, but I can't see anyone going out of their way to date someone they are not attracted to.

Old 05-11-2016, 01:58 AM

914 posts, read 738,060 times
Quote:

BREAKING NEWS!! Looks are important. Conventionally attractive people get more interest than people who are not.
We all want to feel attracted to a (potential) partner. What's your point?

Old 05-11-2016, 08:57 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
you said you quit the website but just to clarify:
OKC made a change on Jan 1 2016 where anyone who clicks "like" on you, you can't see that if you're not a paying member.

I liked "the idea" of the "like" button, because I figure that made OKC more like Tinder, where at least if you knew they clicked "like" back on you, you had a pretty good chance of communication/date? Like shooting fish in barrel?
Thanks. This is what I was thinking of; I deleted my profile at the end of January.

With Tinder and OKC being owned by the same people, it makes sense that they'd be similar in some respects - only have to pay one programmer that way. I noticed that Tinder and the Quickmatch feature on OKC worked the same in that if I clicked/swiped "No" on someone, they would keep reappearing. If I finally clicked "yes" on them on both OKC and Tinder, they were always a match. It was driving me nuts on OKC that I was only getting a cycle of the same men via QM and couldn't figure out why those I said "no" to kept coming up - most notably a guy from Michigan when my settings were "local." I said "no" to that one at least 5 times.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:06 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:

LOL...I like men who are attractive to ME, but 99% of them aren't male model quality at all. Heck, the most recent guy who I met online and found really attractive would probably be considered average/plain by a lot of people.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:10 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
LOL...I like men who are attractive to ME, but 99% of them aren't male model quality at all. Heck, the most recent guy who I met online and found really attractive would probably be considered average/plain by a lot of people.
The men I find most attractive tend to be "average" by most people's standards. On OKC, I found the average and above average more attractive than the "hot."

Old 05-11-2016, 02:47 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,686 times
The same thing with me,I like average guys usually Celtic/Germanic looking bearded round faced guys that most people are not hugely into.

Old 05-11-2016, 03:26 PM

522 posts, read 715,949 times
Date IRL so much easier than Internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships