Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 03:19 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy90 View Post
Ok someone please tell me I'm not crazy. I've been dating this guy for a little over 4 months now. Yesterday I took down all pictures of him off my Facebook and Instagram. It hurt, but the reason I did this is because he has never posted a picture of us together

Now let me tell you a little bit about my boyfriend. I met him online about a year prior to actually meeting up with him. He immediately asked to add me on FB, and that is because he is VERY active on there. During the first 3 months of being online friends, he was casually dating a girl. He would take her on dates and then later that day post pictures of them together on his Facebook. He even used two pictures with her as his profile pictures. (Which I made him delete a year later when he started dating me).

About our relationship. I think it's going great. He is very sweet, plans the cutest dates for us. I've met all of his friends... He keeps saying how happy he is with me and that I am " hands down the prettiest girl he's ever been with ".
The problem is, he doesn't show that on social media. And it is starting to really bother me. I wouldn't care if I knew he was the type who doesn't post much in general or doesn't post his girlfriends. But he is that type! Usually:/

We're probably going to have a talk about this tonight. Because he is gonna want to know why I deleted all pictures of us. I don't really know what I should say to him or if I should even talk to him about it?
The thing is, yes I do want him to post pictures of us and show me off to the (online) world, but I want him to do it because HE wants it. Not because he feels like he has to after a huge argument

Idk any thoughts guys?
ASK HIM.
He is the only one who knows the answer however, if you base the value of your relationship/life/dates/boyfriend's posts on social media there are many more issues hidden in there somewhere.
*Isn't there a ban on facebook/social media posts/threads?*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 03:21 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
It's definitely not my top concern but I can't help being bothered by it. It's been bothering me for a while and it is so unbearable now, I just wanted others opinions before talking to him about this.
Unbareable is a bit dramatic isn't it? Why would the opinion of random strangers mean diddly before you talk to him? You know him, we don't.....

Old 04-16-2016, 03:24 PM

68 posts, read 59,135 times
Like I said before, this whole not posting about us on social media thing wouldn't bother me one bit, if he did the same with past girls. But he didn't. He posted pictures with them shortly after he started going out with them. And here's my problem - it bothers me to no end.

Old 04-16-2016, 03:26 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
Like I said before, this whole not posting about us on social media thing wouldn't bother me one bit, if he did the same with past girls. But he didn't. He posted pictures with them shortly after he started going out with them. And here's my problem - it bothers me to no end.
Once you BOTH realize how insignificant social media is....the easier it will be to move on. All you can do now is talk to him.

Old 04-16-2016, 03:34 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
So he wised up and is now not doing that any longer.

If it truly bothers you to no end, break up with him
If not, drop the drama.

Old 04-16-2016, 03:47 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,168 times
He probably doesn't want you ruining his game. I know that before I was married, I would never post pics of my bootycalls online Because that's how you get caught up in a bunch of drama.

Basically, your just the girl he's sleeping with until a keeper comes around.

Old 04-16-2016, 03:49 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
"Social media" isn't the actual issue here.

OP perceives a difference in how he is behaving with her compared to how he behaved with previous women. To her, he is hiding her from his social media "public."

Facebook may not be a big deal in and of itself to a lot of people, but this isn't really about Facebook. It's about how she feels "less than" because of his altered FB behavior.

You just need to ask him, Izzy. Or get over it and focus on whether he is being a good person to you IRL.

**the Non-Romantic subforum has a ban on FB threads, but so far not here**

Old 04-16-2016, 03:50 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
I'm off to divorce my husband now because he has never posted a picture of me, or us, on FB. Ever.

Wmsn4Life makes a good point that it's not about FB but she needs to stop comparing what he does now to what he did before.

Old 04-16-2016, 03:52 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
You couldn't date me. I dont have a social media page. I really could care less about getting one. It's just not a priority to me.

Why do you feel the need to be validated on some web page?

Old 04-16-2016, 03:52 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,851,331 times
My husband wants to keep me so secret he doesn't even HAVE FB.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships