Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2016, 02:12 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,757,535 times

Advertisements

This guy REALLY needs an attorney if he is going to sign anything!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 02:16 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,251,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Especially if he is not going to not sign nothing, or is that something?

Old 04-28-2016, 02:27 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,927,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Star View Post
I don't see anything wrong with a prenup. The fact the she refuses to sign one makes me wonder why, especially that she is pretty much broke. Relationships change, divorce happens, and if it does on your case without a prenup, she'll be entitled to half the assets.

Marriage is just a legal contract anyway. Whats one more like a prenup.
YES
If she had some serious cash, and you didn't, bet yer arse SHE would make YOU sign one

some women look at marriage as a temporary investment, don't take a chance
if its meant to be then that prenup will never be needed,

Old 04-28-2016, 02:35 PM

22,619 posts, read 47,750,325 times
Quote:

OP, it appears you have only been dating this girl for a couple of months, since you were single in November and had a different girlfriend in October. What gives?

Are you just looking for any wife so you can have the pleasure of "pre-nupping" her? Is this a fetish of some sort? Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me.
So the idea of a prenup already killed one relationship... and it is about to kill another?

Old 04-28-2016, 02:43 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Quote:

OP, it appears you have only been dating this girl for a couple of months, since you were single in November and had a different girlfriend in October. What gives?

Are you just looking for any wife so you can have the pleasure of "pre-nupping" her? Is this a fetish of some sort? Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me.
As I recall from his first relationship thread, OP isn't a native speaker of English. I think he and his gf were Asian.

OP, nobody proposes to someone they've only known a few months, or not usually. I know there are some members here who got married in a whirlwind romance type of situation, but the conventional wisdom is to wait until you know the person really well. This wisdom is very appropriate for you.

Just forget about the whole thing, go back to the drawing board, and for heaven's sake, don't be in such a rush to get married! And why not look for women who are closer to your professional bracket? You might find more compatibility there, and less throwing up.

Maybe I'm just imagining it, but somehow I get the idea that you wouldn't be comfortable with a woman who makes good money, and is closer to your equal. You seem to keep fishing for these types that you can feel superior to, and browbeat with your prenup requirement.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 04-28-2016 at 03:01 PM..

Old 04-28-2016, 02:53 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,485,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Well, this is the advice you got last time...

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-pre-nups.html
Quote:

OP, if the above is true, you're having these conversations entirely too early in your relationships. Good grief!

Old 04-28-2016, 02:58 PM

953 posts, read 844,479 times
Quote:
He should consult with someone who has watched every episode of Boston Legal and considers himself a student of the law (like a friend of the court), but without the requisite law degree. That person will charge less and enable the OP to safeguard more of his assets for when a marriage (or not) takes place.

Old 04-28-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura 524 View Post
He should consult with someone who has watched every episode of Boston Legal and considers himself a student of the law (like a friend of the court), but without the requisite law degree. That person will charge less and enable the OP to safeguard more of his assets for when a marriage (or not) takes place.
Isn't that what WE'RE here for?

Old 04-28-2016, 03:16 PM

953 posts, read 844,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
Isn't that what WE'RE here for?
Yes ... the support, suggestions and tough love that forum members provide to those seeking answers should at least bump us up into another tax bracket. But we do not seek any personal gain ... we do it because we have computers and smart phones and like to help those who are reaching out.

How much of that do you believe?

Old 04-28-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura 524 View Post
Yes ... the support, suggestions and tough love that forum members provide to those seeking answers should at least bump us up into another tax bracket. But we do not seek any personal gain ... we do it because we have computers and smart phones and like to help those who are reaching out.

How much of that do you believe?
Approximately 3% of it. I think most of us are either bored, filling time between tasks at work, or procrastinating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships