Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 09:30 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,346,839 times

Advertisements

is it me or does it truly get boring/pathetic after you've hooked up with a large number of chicks(25+)?

its gotten to the point where its not only not that physically satisfying but almost depressing. Anyone else know this feeling?(not here to brag or nothing) I thou hooking up would still be fun but it's almost not anymore

And no its not the quality of women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 09:32 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
You experience it as depressing because it's empty. There's no real human connection. That doesn't work for some people.

Old 05-02-2016, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You experience it as depressing because it's empty. There's no real human connection. That doesn't work for some people.
I use to find it so much fun when I was younger and brag a lot but now I feel its just getting old

Old 05-02-2016, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoStars View Post
I use to find it so much fun when I was younger and brag a lot but now I feel its just getting old
Congratulations, you have evolved! You now need more in life than cheap thrills and meaningless sex.

So, now what are you going to do?

Old 05-02-2016, 09:37 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,327 times
Quote:
is it me or does it truly get boring/pathetic after you've hooked up with a large number of chicks(25+)?

its gotten to the point where its not only not that physically satisfying but almost depressing. Anyone else know this feeling?(not here to brag or nothing) I thou hooking up would still be fun but it's almost not anymore

Most of us eventually grow out of certain behaviours. You've probably reached a point where you are looking for something with more substance, so instead of just hooking up, try and actually date people you feel a connection with. It makes sex a 100% better.

Old 05-02-2016, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Congratulations, you have evolved! You now need more in life than cheap thrills and meaningless sex.

So, now what are you going to do?

Need to find someone that stays with me permanently

Old 05-02-2016, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
Most of us eventually grow out of certain behaviours. You've probably reached a point where you are looking for something with more substance, so instead of just hooking up, try and actually date people you feel a connection with. It makes sex a 100% better.
The problem with that is, that the OP might start getting attached to his dates/sex partners.

He seems to be on the right track, though; he's saying he's going to look for a serious LTR, now.

Good luck, OP! Drop us a note when you find happiness!

Old 05-02-2016, 09:40 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,531,765 times
Quote:

Yes it has happened to me few times mate

" bed hopping " does have its perks but surprisingly it does lose its appeal and at times it feels like something is missing. The happiest I've ever been was in a relationship and at first I missed going out and about but it felt complete.

I know relationships ain't for everyone but if I were you I'd take a break from it mate like I'm doing at the minute. It's great and you will enjoy or yearn for the company again

Ps I mean becoming bored and not feeling pathetic

Old 05-02-2016, 09:44 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:

Well, I guess I wouldn't know. I've never had just totally meaningless, mutual maturation sex. Even the lonely two one nighters I've had in my life were with women I had a connection with. One especially. We had been friends for a long time. Co workers, and band mates. I was the drummer, she played bass. She was leaving for good after her divorce and it was her way of wanting to say goodbye. It was damn intense for a one time thing.

No , sex hasn't lost its allure, but I can see how it could, in your situation. I mean really, what's the point? Nothing to find special, nothing new to expect, no emotional connection, in, off n out the door. No desire to please, no going the extra mile, just a base, reflex action.

Yessir, you could do with a break and a fresh start.

Old 05-02-2016, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Yes it has happened to me few times mate

" bed hopping " does have its perks but surprisingly it does lose its appeal and at times it feels like something is missing. The happiest I've ever been was in a relationship and at first I missed going out and about but it felt complete.

I know relationships ain't for everyone but if I were you I'd take a break from it mate like I'm doing at the minute. It's great and you will enjoy or yearn for the company again

Ps I mean becoming bored and not feeling pathetic
I did the bed hopping again over the weekend.
Except the girl I slept with I was hoping we would talk again and have something happen out of it.
But after she disappeared I kinda felt empty .
I didn't really wanted to just hook up but something more to happen out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships