Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 09:11 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,096,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I did meet a few women in college that told me they were sick of dating douchebags. Well, if you can't spot an ass that tells me her judgment isn't good.
I don't think this was it, 49ers. You're talking about college. Nobody is mature yet, least of all (sorry) the guys. They're mostly going to seem "like douchebags." At that age it's not necessarily a case of picking well/picking poorly but simply of still being comparatively new to the world of relationships, and of nobody really being mature yet. And no, their hanging with the "douchebag" and not you doesn't mean they "want douchebags and don't want nice guys." What they want is a guy who seems confident and knows how to help propel a relationship forward...but at that young age the twain don't tend to meet: maturity plus that confidence. (The guys, yes, including the "nice guys" and "great guys!!!", have a similar phenomenon: they say they want a nice girl...but that "nice" girl is also supposed to be uber-hot...then they complain. Same sort of thing...it's a question of maturing later to figure out what's more important, but at a very YOUNG age it's hard to separate all this and figure it out.)

I see over and over again on here about how "women FINALLY go for older guys because they want to stop having the excitement and start having quality." Baloney, EVERYBODY goes from wanting to experiment - and often, an unlearned, one-dimensional view of what's "attractive," based on childhood daydreaming - when young, to figuring out later what they really want as a longer-term thing. It's not just that the men are now older, the woman in question is now older too. She has matured and is on the same page as a guy who is also maturing. This is a natural process, IMO.

Young people want to experiment and figure out and decide and choose and have a lot of fun...in everything. They're supposed to...male and female alike. Later they (generally) all grow up and now want different things...this is the way of the world, normal and not some big "gotcha!" to all those Durned Wimminz who "refused" the guys when they were in college or something. I'm sorry, that's just balderdash, that idea. Not saying you're bringing up that idea specifically, 49ers, just adding to my reply to you as it tied in and is a VERY common theme around here.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:15 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,217,841 times
People think Russell Crowe is good looking?

Old 05-11-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
People think Russell Crowe is good looking?
Not all people, but some people

(standing up and raising hand)

Represent.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:17 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,101,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

Represent.
But he's short!

And yeah, loads of people think he is hot. Or did.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:19 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,035,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
But he's short!
In what part of the world is 5'11'" considered short?

Old 05-11-2016, 09:20 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,331,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Not always. Young people have to learn.
I'm still learning at 26 I have made a few mistakes and went on dates with some awful women.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:22 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,331,588 times
Quote:
I don't think this was it, 49ers. You're talking about college. Nobody is mature yet, least of all (sorry) the guys. They're mostly going to seem "like douchebags." At that age it's not necessarily a case of picking well/picking poorly but simply of still being comparatively new to the world of relationships, and of nobody really being mature yet. And no, their hanging with the "douchebag" and not you doesn't mean they "want douchebags and don't want nice guys." What they want is a guy who seems confident and knows how to help propel a relationship forward...but at that young age the twain don't tend to meet: maturity plus that confidence. (The guys, yes, including the "nice guys" and "great guys!!!", have a similar phenomenon: they say they want a nice girl...but that "nice" girl is also supposed to be uber-hot...then they complain. Same sort of thing...it's a question of maturing later to figure out what's more important, but at a very YOUNG age it's hard to separate all this and figure it out.)

I see over and over again on here about how "women FINALLY go for older guys because they want to stop having the excitement and start having quality." Baloney, EVERYBODY goes from wanting to experiment - and often, an unlearned, one-dimensional view of what's "attractive," based on childhood daydreaming - when young, to figuring out later what they really want as a longer-term thing. It's not just that the men are now older, the woman in question is now older too. She has matured and is on the same page as a guy who is also maturing. This is a natural process, IMO.

Young people want to experiment and figure out and decide and choose and have a lot of fun...in everything. They're supposed to...male and female alike. Later they (generally) all grow up and now want different things...this is the way of the world, normal and not some big "gotcha!" to all those Durned Wimminz who "refused" the guys when they were in college or something. I'm sorry, that's just balderdash, that idea. Not saying you're bringing up that idea specifically, 49ers, just adding to my reply to you as it tied in and is a VERY common theme around here.
All of this is just wise applause to you

Old 05-11-2016, 09:22 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,101,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
In what part of the world is 5'11'" considered short?
Sorry, I was confusing him with Mel Gibson, the other off kilter / semi insane Aussie (or so identifies) actor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I'm still learning at 26 I have made a few mistakes and went on dates with some awful women.
You're just starting. I mean, you're at the beginning.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
But he's short!

And yeah, loads of people think he is hot. Or did.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I loooooooooooooooove short guys.

But short or tall, I'd still think Crowe was (facially) good-looking. I actually have no idea how short/tall he is, never thought about it and Hollywood has a way of making actors look taller so it's hard to say. In the case of Mr. Crow, though, it's not just his facial features, it's just a sort of inherent sexiness, I guess you'd say.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:25 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,226,616 times
Quote:

Represent.
Me! And and... the presence! Ooooh baby. Hell my DH concedes he is a piece of man flesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships