Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 06:06 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times

Advertisements

So we see a pretty sizable number of posts from men who are frustrated with the new order because they can't get women. The conclusion is that we wimmens are just big fat meanies who only care about looks or money. I look around my life and think, who are these people? What is going on in their world that this is what they see? DO they look around their world, or just sit in the basement playing WoW?

My world looks very different. My husband is decent looking, no Russell Crow but then who is? When I met him, he was very fit. And he is FUN. Mountain biking, hiking, going out with friends. He never went out looking for "dates". He engaged in life, and met people. He met people with similar interests, including females. Never wanted for a girlfriend. Perpetually broke.

Four brothers. One black, severely overweight, severely learning disabled. Not married, but several girlfriends over the course of his life. One super short and kinda tubby in the belly. Married to a really wonderful woman who stands a full head taller than he. Another who has a severe mental disability. The injuries and treatments have left him looking pretty ragged. His disability leaves him on the very low end of the earning capacity. Happily married to a wonderful woman who loves the snot out of him despite criticism from the bothers in her family. Met his wife at church. One just normal joe guy married to another wonderful woman. Met at work. Raised her son as his own.

Cousins, 4 male. All normal dudes. All married.

Looking around at my colleagues at work... One guy is FUGLY. Not trying to be mean. But this gent was never a looker. Decent buddy of mine. Happily married with 3 kids. One guy is a weight lifter, recently married. But sort of the guy you would point to as "See, that is what you need to be to get a woman." Notice he is ONE person in quite a few examples. Moving down a cubicle, math geek sporty absent minded professor duds. Met his wife in college in math class. Next cubicle, another geek but this one not even sporting cute absent minded professor duds. Short, squatty. Met his wife in sailing club. Moving over one more cubicle, hairy, overweight dude who is a bit of an emoter. Met the wife he never stops talking about on the ski slopes.

I could go on an on. So if wimmens are making it so impossible for men to mate up, what am I not seeing?

Old 05-11-2016, 06:08 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
So we see a pretty sizable number of posts from men who are frustrated with the new order because they can't get women.
It's the same handful of dudes coming back with new names. That's all.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:09 AM

45,375 posts, read 60,561,367 times
In even a perfect world most, if not all, the guys who are the ones you described couldn't get a date. Not even if they were the last man left alive. Their blow up sex dolls even say no.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
In even a perfect world most, if not all, the guys who are the ones you described couldn't get a date. Not even if they were the last man left alive. Their blow up sex dolls even say no.
Are you referring to the examples I used? Clearly they all got dates. You tend to have to date someone to marry them. Or are you referring to the complainers? I would agree if that is what you meant. But the REASON is what seems to be disconnected.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:13 AM

45,375 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Are you referring to the examples I used? Clearly they all got dates. You tend to have to date someone to marry them. Or are you referring to the complainers? I would agree if that is what you meant. But the REASON is what seems to be disconnected.

The complainers, first paragraph.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:14 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
The fact that a lot of unimpressive people manage to get in relationships doesn't change the fact that others struggle with dating for whatever reasons.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
The fact that a lot of unimpressive people manage to get in relationships doesn't change the fact that others struggle with dating for whatever reasons.
I think it is interesting that you describe these people as "unimpressive". You don't know them. What they may not be is movie star good looking and rich. Which is what you see is supposedly what is necessary for to satisfy today's women. Looking at life as I live it, I don't see it at all.

Clearly there are people that struggle. What strikes me is that the "whatever reasons" aren't that wimmens are big meanies but that the dude in question should consider that their attitude is the problem.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:18 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Dating pool from which some find themselves in addition to high/unrealistic expectations results in frustrated people attempting to spark a relationship.

I've been out of the dating scene a while and but from my observation, I have to admit that dating is harder these days. They say in sales, you create indecision if your present a customer with too many options or choices. Technology in my opinion has contributed to that. I think we are also in a time of flux when it comes to society and gender roles (a good change). However, it makes it ever so difficult to navigate the dating world.

If you are married, you tend to be around married people. You see what you want to see. Doesn't mean that dating is not any less difficult for others. I think there is some truth to a lot of the one post wonders here (short of those that are trolling and creating threads out of bordom). Sometimes the responses to them make me feel sorry that they have reached that point of frustration.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Dating pool from which some find themselves in addition to high/unrealistic expectations results in frustrated people attempting to spark a relationship.

I've been out of the dating scene a while and but from my observation, dating is harder these days. They say in sales, you create indecision if your present a customer with too many options or choices. Technology in my opinion has done that.
One thing I think examples can shed light on, living an interesting life out in the world is more likely to be successful that on line dating.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:21 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Maybe unimpressive physically, but so what? They could be awesome people. Look around, lots of people that aren't lookers date just fine. Thankfully!

Quote:
One thing I think examples can shed light on, living an interesting life out in the world is more likely to be successful that on line dating.
This is critical. Have passions. Engage in them. Be able to narrate about them and show your passion.

Heck, I've dated a bunch of people that I didn't have a ton in common with, but they had passions, and it made them incredible to talk to, even when I didn't share that passion. One, a writer, I dated for years. I still find her work inaccessible, but she's brilliant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships