Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 01:10 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,075,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The only thing I would think is you don't like THAT guy.Why would I make the leap to think you are talking about all men when you are describing only one guy?
That is honest to God what you'd think?

You'd think I was being totally rational and that it was fine to think that way and that probably, it didn't indicate that I had a low opinion of guys I wasn't attracted to in general?

You'd think it was totally normal for an adult to use those descriptions? Not a fourth grader on the playground? And you'd think "Oh, she probably has only used words like 'loser' and 'reject' and 'ugly' about this ONE guy, I'm sure otherwise she just doesn't say such things, this is just so totally foreign to her and out of character, sure, let's let this one slide"?

Really?

ETA: Reminds me of What About Bob when the German lady says "That son of a b----!" about Dr. Marvin, and her husband says in open-eyed shock, "She NEVER says that!" and then the woman proceeds to say exactly the same thing at least twice more during the movie, LOL, with the husband saying EACH time, "She NEVER says that!"

Old 05-12-2016, 01:12 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,920,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
My family dynamics are mostly correct. I would just add that my father when he was rarely around was absolutely lackluster. In honesty, lack of a very healthy relationship with my parents is a big reason why I think like I do. With my mother having another failed marriage to have to live down, it just sucks. My mother made bad choices but had good intentions. I don't want to repeat her mistakes. That's why I'm far more restrictive on who I pursue and get involved with the romantically.
At least you and 49er are somewhat introspective. I think that is why people try to help you. They see hope for you because, unlike many of the Bitter Boy Club, you actually have some insight into your actions. You actually might figure things out in several years or so.

Change your attitude, change your life.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:20 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,920,504 times
It's not so much the words or whether or not they are said behind someone's back or not. It's the thoughts and feelings behind the words.

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
watch your words, they become actions;
watch your actions, they become habits;
watch your habits, they become character;
watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Old 05-12-2016, 01:22 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,113,085 times
I think the "bitter men" thing is a little overblown.

I think some men lash out because of a few reasons..one men have to be the pursuers so those of us who are shy and/or have anxiety that's a daunting task..add in facing a lot of rejection.. Then you have the societal standards that men can never be sad or upset or show weakness so a lot of angry comments may stem from not being able to handle having these sad emotions because we're told we shouldn't

So I think deep down a lot of us "bitter men" are decent people who mean well but sometimes we don't know how to manage these feelings and the hurt and may say stuff on the surface that seems mean but we dont really mean

Now don't get me wrong they'res a few percent of men online who seem and say downright scary stuff and seek like angry entitled sociopaths but I don't think the majority are like that

Old 05-12-2016, 01:24 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,824,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
That is honest to God what you'd think?

You'd think I was being totally rational and that it was fine to think that way and that probably, it didn't indicate that I had a low opinion of guys I wasn't attracted to in general?

You'd think it was totally normal for an adult to use those descriptions? Not a fourth grader on the playground? And you'd think "Oh, she probably has only used words like 'loser' and 'reject' and 'ugly' about this ONE guy, I'm sure otherwise she just doesn't say such things, this is just so totally foreign to her and out of character, sure, let's let this one slide"?

Really?

ETA: Reminds me of What About Bob when the German lady says "That son of a b----!" about Dr. Marvin, and her husband says in open-eyed shock, "She NEVER says that!" and then the woman proceeds to say exactly the same thing at least twice more during the movie, LOL, with the husband saying EACH time, "She NEVER says that!"
Honest to God that is what I think. Why would I think you are takin about any other dude but THAT one?

Old 05-12-2016, 01:30 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,824,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Just keep telling yourself those lies, it makes you justify your bullying and you can keep going.

You must know that young women are committing suicides because they are called ugly, fat etc. (as well as men)

What this hypocrite social media and society does? Keep calling them ugly and blames the victim to have too thin skin.

Is that righteous and good manners?

Harriet Walsh branded 'fat and ugly' by bullies killed herself after feeling 'second best' | Daily Mail Online

Girl hanged herself after being called fat, inquest hears | UK news | The Guardian

Bullying Suicides: An Ongoing List

When people are going to take bullying seriously? When people are going to finally stop it? Why anyone should become called ugly? Why people are expressing their dislike towards other people by the ways that they are committing suicides?
I think you are making too damn much over a use of term that was not said in someone's face. I don't call girls ugly to their faces or even use that term having drinks with my friends.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:31 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,696,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Yes it does. I don't care what negative thoughts you have about me as long as you don't tell me about it. Dissenter calling women who none of us know "ugly rejects" is nothing compared to the rudeness that gets directed to posters here.
But it speaks a LOT to his general attitude of negativity. Which is, I guarantee, telegraphed to others despite his claims that he saves up all his negativity for this little corner of the internet and projects a perfectly level demeanor toward the world at large.

Sorry, but people who are THAT negative aren't hiding it as well as they might be thinking they are.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:40 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,325,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
To be honest there would probably be a dude who would date you because he agrees with you.

People who say such things don't care what anyone thinks of them.

I wouldn't think such a thing because I am not that type of person regardless of what anyone else thinks of me.
I'd date her because JerZ is a lovely woman, what stops me is that she is happily married and I won't derail that. If I approach a woman and she says she is taken in a capacity I stop dead in the tracks and wish her well. It could be bad karma trying to pursue a taken woman.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:47 PM

1,544 posts, read 927,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post

I think some men lash out because of a few reasons..one men have to be the pursuers so those of us who are shy and/or have anxiety that's a daunting task..add in facing a lot of rejection.. Then you have the societal standards that men can never be sad or upset or show weakness so a lot of angry comments may stem from not being able to handle having these sad emotions because we're told we shouldn't

So I think deep down a lot of us "bitter men" are decent people who mean well but sometimes we don't know how to manage these feelings and the hurt and may say stuff on the surface that seems mean but we dont really mean

Now don't get me wrong there's a few percent of men online who seem and say downright scary stuff and seek like angry entitled sociopaths but I don't think the majority are like that
The males who do spew this mess online aren't really men; just fully grown boys (excluding the majority).

I'll give you an example: It's a double whammy for me and other women like myself, being that these women of which I speak are both female and Black. We get heat both ways because of stereotypes. It's like no matter how much an individual Black woman works hard and improves her life, she still gets the short end of the stick in the dating pool. She'll either be told she's too dark, not attractive enough, etc., or whatever excuse to throw her character under the bus. And don't let her make her own money either! The male might tell her that she has an attitude, is not submissive, etc. He'll say anything to make her feel bad about pulling her own weight. Go to any social media platform (YouTube is your best bet) for even more obvious proof.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:55 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,325,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post

Now don't get me wrong they'res a few percent of men online who seem and say downright scary stuff and seek like angry entitled sociopaths but I don't think the majority are like that
I think so as well. Guys like that get defensive because they feel as if they're being attacked for something they can't help. If you insult someone (not you in general) how is someone gonna act all surprised if they respond to you bitterly? I can feel the hurt and pain from some of the posts here; some people just don't understand it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships