Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 11:30 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times

Advertisements

Not sure why you would go to the extreme, break up with him, contact the ex girl . . . and then just get back together with him. How can you even trust he hasn't been talking to her about any of this?! More than likely he'll want to keep her around as a soft place to land when you go off again..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 11:35 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
I don't agree with the "don't snoop and be upset with what you find"

If you snoop and find something, all the POWER TO YOU. A person deserves to know about the lies being told to them. Don't ever feel bad for finding information being kept from you while you are trying to be in a relationship.

People who are doing bad things always want "privacy" so they can screw whoever they want behind your back and when you find out they can make you feel bad about it.

He's getting nudes from his ex... come on. Do you really need advice on what to do ?

Old 05-13-2016, 11:54 AM

13 posts, read 7,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I don't agree with the "don't snoop and be upset with what you find"

If you snoop and find something, all the POWER TO YOU. A person deserves to know about the lies being told to them. Don't ever feel bad for finding information being kept from you while you are trying to be in a relationship.
Yeah, if you don't have anything to hide, why would snooping be bad? It will show if you're trustworthy, or not.

I don't really agree with snooping, but I do!! Every time I have snooped, I have found something. And it sucks bc it perpetuates this cycle.

I told him I would want to know if he hung out with any of his ex girlfriends (him and I work with another one-- I know, I know, don't date coworkers...), but the last time I snooped, a couple months ago, I saw texts with this ex we work with. She said "I love you" he said "I love you" (just once each), and he said thanks for the ride home. He is a very loving person, says I love you to a lot of people, but STILL! We agreed he would tell me next time they hung out! I know it's only a car ride, but I don't trust him!

It would be be really nice to feel secure in a relationship and not feel like I have to do this snooping thing every once in awhile, or at all.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:05 PM

888 posts, read 555,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowdots View Post
Yeah, if you don't have anything to hide, why would snooping be bad? It will show if you're trustworthy, or not.

I don't really agree with snooping, but I do!! Every time I have snooped, I have found something. And it sucks bc it perpetuates this cycle.

Not having anything to hide is NOT the point. I would never ever ever snoop through my husbands phone or email or anything. And if he did to me, I would be royally annoyed. I am not out cheating, not doing bad things, but I have a right to have private conversations. I shouldn't have to "prove" I am trustworthy by having someone look through my phone. If you trust someone, trust them, if you don't, then don't. If you are dating people you feel the need to snoop on, the problem is you and the types you are dating. if my husband had wanted me to prove I was not hiding anything when we were first dating and snooped, I would have broken up with him. I want to be with someone who fully trusts me, whether its with my phone, with my email, with my life, when I go out of town with friends.

He did lie to both of you, which is weak. So you know what you need to do. You won't be able to get past this, and it sounds like you should just move on. If you do end this, take a break for dating, try to get happy with yourself, and if you start dating again, take things slow, really get to know the person, don't expect to be someone's " one and only" so fast. I am sorry you are going through all this.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:10 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Yeah, if you don't have anything to hide, why would snooping be bad?
Because you are saying you don't trust the person. That you are inherently mistrustful of the person you are with, and they need to prove themselves to you. That isn't healthy. If you don't trust the person you're dating, end it, don't snoop.

I sure the heck hope we (assuming you're a U.S. citizen) wouldn't be saying "I have nothing to hide, go ahead and look officer" or that it is ok for the government to snoop without probable cause, because you don't have anything to hide.

Quote:
It would be be really nice to feel secure in a relationship and not feel like I have to do this snooping thing every once in awhile, or at all.
Then stop dating people you don't trust.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:13 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:
I know it's only a car ride, but I don't trust him!
End it. Nothing more needs to be said. You can't have a healthy relationship without trust.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:22 PM

13 posts, read 7,674 times
Thank you SO MUCH, everyone. I appreciate the honesty, the toughness, etc. I know I need better self-esteem, that's why I have kept myself in this for so long. I could say that its bc I love him, but I know the REAL root is probably self-esteem. That's why we got back together, he weaseled his way back in, I let him. He's charming and hes comfortable. And by staying with him, he reminds me that I can't stick up for myself. I can get mad all I want, but leaving him would be me really sticking up for myself.

I have been trying to get over this, but it's been a decent amount of time, and I can't. So I probably need to move on. And I JUST found an hour ago out he doesn't have super intense heath issues, so I don't need to worry about his health and holding on bc of that... so thank you powers that be... Oh jeez haha now he just texted me saying his doctor said constipation can mean cancer. Ayayay.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:28 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:

But you don't have to, you already know. What good is more snooping doing? Time to cut this guy loose.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:29 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
Not having anything to hide is NOT the point. I would never ever ever snoop through my husbands phone or email or anything. And if he did to me, I would be royally annoyed.
Yes and yes. And yes.

Feel better, OP. I know this is hard but stay strong and stay away from this guy.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:31 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Now you know why your brother and parents don't like him. Apparently they could see through him, and you couldn't.

He's lied to you, pretended you don't even exist, and has carried on an affair on some level while with you. And you're not sure if you want to break up?

Find someone you're happy with. Someone who doesn't cause you to drink "to numb life" a little. There are guys like that out there. It may take you awhile to find one, but during that time, you can practice being your own rock. You don't need nicotine or alcohol. Be good to yourself. Don't let other people treat you badly. Make healthy, happy choices. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships